Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Won't the fast instances eliminate any hint of Open World competition? I was hoping to read some good shitposting and am now concerned.

I bet the delay was them trying to do something to decrease player power for the Hardcore server and either not being able to or not agreeing on what it should be. I'm surprised by the greater xp penalty on death as I didn't realize that was easy to change--does it vary on any other server?

Very true, it does kind of kill that part of it.

SORRY EVERYONE THERE WAS A MIX UP SELO IS ACTUALLY THE HARDCORE SERVER, DETAILS ON THE CASUAL SERVER YET TO COME, PUT DOWN THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES

Frame this post, I can feel this coming next

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lushie

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would have liked something that was in the original trilogy that wasnt worse than coirnav xp...

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tears is an understatement, they are straight rioting against Selos server. People sound like they wanted the 20th TLP to be their forever online home and their world just got turned upside down that theyll only have a month in each. The only thing that could improve Selos server is FV loot rules.

And/or Allow 1 box. Though honestly probably do 6-8 week unlocks. That was usually around the time people started to get bored of a expac, people stop showing up, anything but the most in demand items going to alts/boxes etc. Would go along with half the LO time also.

Sterling

El Presidente
So like, Selos is harder right?

To do every Xpac in era with what ever gear you can get?
Well it's faster, not sure harder applies. Xp is going to be crazy fast so that won't be an issue. The issue will be later expansions when flagging takes multiple passes through raids to key up. UF in a month? We'll see.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't planning on playing in the TLPs but even I am disappointed in Mangler. So many ways it could have gone with it being more "hardcore". Having slower XP rate is the least interesting way.

Personally I like my idea of having every new expansion come with a global multiplier to damage dealt (starting at 2x) that decreases by 5% or so each week until it reaches the normal damage levels. Maybe I'm sadistic, maybe I want to see some kitefests.

• 1Solidarity

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
Initial race on Selo's will be pretty interesting in that its something we haven't seen on a TLP to this point. Straight to AHR with extra fast exp. Could be pretty fun.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
::Raises from the dead::

In for Selo's, not poop socking though. Agnarr launch almost killed me.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I crashed super hard near the end and was incredibly depressed. I felt real bad. So bad I actually never logged in to FoH untill about a week ago.
All good dude. We managed fine. New server should be pretty good times.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Selo's is really interesting. Will starting in Luclin really shake up the class populations? Tons of melee? Rogues, rangers etc are much better.

Sterling

El Presidente
Selo's is really interesting. Will starting in Luclin really shake up the class populations? Tons of melee? Rogues, rangers etc are much better.
Casters are still way better starting out naked though. XP being super fast though probably means people will just play whatever they want instead of trying to make ideal race groups.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn, neither of those sound interesting at all. So much room for them to make something exciting with 2 new servers but here we are.

Probably for the best, dont need to be sucked into another progression server. Fucking agnarr made me nolife for a few months.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, maybe time to start a cleric with my chanter instead of a druid this time, and charge people a Krono per res on Mangler!

(I kid, not a chance I'm playing there)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Selos looks really interesting for launch for an alternative race / leveling path. After that meh. Increased instancing just makes ow less important which is lame af.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, neither of those sound interesting at all. So much room for them to make something exciting with 2 new servers but here we are.

Probably for the best, dont need to be sucked into another progression server. Fucking agnarr made me nolife for a few months.

I mean at least selos is something new. Not starting in classic, almost live exp rates, only 1 month expac unlocks and 3.5 day instance LOs. Compared to mangler which is coirnav with shittier exp. I will at least give them a some credit for trying something different with one of them.

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I mean at least selos is something new. Not starting in classic, almost live exp rates, only 1 month expac unlocks and 3.5 day instance LOs. Compared to mangler which is coirnav with shittier exp. I will at least give them a some credit for trying something different with one of them.

If they made it no instances, faster ow respawns, and named it mangler i would be in