Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I just hit the /who all # # LFG or /who all (class) LFG, and build what I need. After a bit the shits will either need to log, or I'll remove them if they are really that fucking bad. After a few reps, groups stabilize and you can grind.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like every group that does this ends up being terrible

I feel the opposite. Groups that are desperate for reps usually have a reason for it, and usually that reason is someone up and bailed on the people inviting you. I have had pretty shit luck joining established groups.

My best xp group involved me spreading my tell seed and churning shit members until I had a rockstar group. Did 18-34 with that crew in sola then lguk. I got a LOT of "no"s along the way.

Alternatively, I try to actively AVOID the people parked lfg. If they're idle with nobody to carry them I just assume they'll be lazy with 5 suckers grouped. People spamming from a zoneline are the worst.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just group with a big name streamer and you will have people sitting at your camp out of group buffing and healing you while they hand him bags of gear.

You'll also get congratulatory tells when ever you win something.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just group with a big name streamer and you will have people sitting at your camp out of group buffing and healing you while they hand him bags of gear.

I don't know if I can perform in a group knowing tens of nerds are watching

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

lol are people really this pathetic? and here I was thinking that my playing for a week made me a sad sack of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
He's one of the largest twitch guys out there.

10k online live watching him play EQ. He joined a group and I was in full lambent and got fucking flooded with tells.

Then our static group paladin got his soulfire and now everyone sends him tells asking for help doing it.

He's rolling an alt now so I don't group with him much because I'm basically living in the planes but it was pretty crazy.

He's streaming a raid tomorrow at noon I think I'm leading it.....that's gonna be fun no idea what we can do.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ya I might get on the next train if I find myself in position to poopsock the launch. If this launched 6 months ago I had all sorts of fuck off time. Now not so much.

The leveling really wasn't that bad at all. I didn't even play the whole weekend and got to 50 within like 2 weeks.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Camped out in Kedge last night for the Darksea Harpoon that was currently camped. Logged in this morning and there is one other druid opposite the came and is like level 43 or smth. I did nothing but sit there invis to avoid aggroing stuff as he killed fish. As I was doing other stuff in the house at the time.

Never spoke to me or anything and I never killed a single mob. PH for the Impaler spawns. So he charms it, buffs the fuck out of it and just leaves the zone... lol. I dispel it and slow it and kill it and sit there. Low and behold the guy spawns and I get my poon.

Kedge is a pretty good place for money though. Nobody is ever there and some of the items are thus very rare and you can sell them for a lot.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Camped out in Kedge last night for the Darksea Harpoon that was currently camped. Logged in this morning and there is one other druid opposite the came and is like level 43 or smth. I did nothing but sit there invis to avoid aggroing stuff as he killed fish. As I was doing other stuff in the house at the time.

Never spoke to me or anything and I never killed a single mob. PH for the Impaler spawns. So he charms it, buffs the fuck out of it and just leaves the zone... lol. I dispel it and slow it and kill it and sit there. Low and behold the guy spawns and I get my poon.

Kedge is a pretty good place for money though. Nobody is ever there and some of the items are thus very rare and you can sell them for a lot.
When I hit 33 l let me sit there in your grp. Will snare

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have been using the advice of forming a group - I am an enchanter. The only thing I have problems with is knowing where to go inside the zone, like guk. I need a sweet map with mob levels.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I have been using the advice of forming a group - I am an enchanter. The only thing I have problems with is knowing where to go inside the zone, like guk. I need a sweet map with mob levels.

Brewall's map are pretty good with geometry and locations but don't have mob levels.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
He's one of the largest twitch guys out there.

10k online live watching him play EQ. He joined a group and I was in full lambent and got fucking flooded with tells.

Then our static group paladin got his soulfire and now everyone sends him tells asking for help doing it.

He's rolling an alt now so I don't group with him much because I'm basically living in the planes but it was pretty crazy.

He's streaming a raid tomorrow at noon I think I'm leading it.....that's gonna be fun no idea what we can do.

What raid is he streaming?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How much of a ban would I catch for training his raid while he is streaming? Because, I feel the need to do that.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fuck, MQ Maps on EMU has spoiled me. I had forgotten how much a pain in the ass it is to track down roaming named in certain zones with no Tracking or MQMaps to help find them.

ie, I'm rolling a Ranger as an alt.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, MQ Maps on EMU has spoiled me. I had forgotten how much a pain in the ass it is to track down roaming named in certain zones with no Tracking or MQMaps to help find them.

ie, I'm rolling a Ranger as an alt.

A ranger alt JUST to farm Quilmane and AC huh?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A ranger alt JUST to farm Quilmane and AC huh?

Haha not JUST for those, but basically yeah. I lucked up at got Jboots on my Enchanter at level 37 or so from being a Clarity buffbot in a Seafury group. See, i'm just a tight ass when it comes to platinum, and with a level 50 main it's easy to just run around and do some of these quests to twink with (Ivy Etched Armor, etc), but tracking down things like GrimFeather/Thistle Underbrush or whatever without Tracking is nigh impossible.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember trying to do Quillmane on P99 as a rogue for like a day... shit was stupid. Thankfully found a friend who helped track for me. They are definitely needed for that.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think Login servers are down? Lauchpad not loading, nor is my patchme shortcut that bypasses Launcher.

Last edited: