Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Stacking poison was the only way I could win freeti... #RIP
well just train people. when i 6 box farmed efreeti thats all people did to me, effing cleric or wizard run in and gate out. never got suspended, still see them a year later on the server. I usually can get people with a good video or two but gotta know its coming rofl.

i rmt'd on ragefire with my box crew but that wasnt my initial purpose, or i wouldnt have decked out all 30 of my characters to the T, farming 20 phinigel water staves was a bitch but racing other boxers was fun. selling out of ragefire was great though. frankly i was happy with 16 but after racing saytonic at phinigel for the staves i had to go up to 25-30 rofl.

884a3564ebec4dc4803b051e8d73acf3.png

deleted my other photos of my box team rip. got 7 day suspension for that serverwide on ragefire

Last edited:

rad

Lord of Guk
well just train people. when i 6 box farmed efreeti thats all people did to me, effing cleric or wizard run in and gate out. never got suspended, still see them a year later on the server. I usually can get people with a good video or two but gotta know its coming rofl.

i rmt'd on ragefire with my box crew but that wasnt my initial purpose, or i wouldnt have decked out all 30 of my characters to the T, farming 20 phinigel water staves was a bitch but racing other boxers was fun. selling out of ragefire was great though. frankly i was happy with 16 but after racing saytonic at phinigel for the staves i had to go up to 25-30 rofl.

884a3564ebec4dc4803b051e8d73acf3.png

deleted my other photos of my box team rip. got 7 day suspension for that serverwide on ragefire

Haha... yeah I got wrapped up in a few of your battles. As a solo shm without a sky ring (god damn you Tub) it was hard to deal with trains. I could weather cleric shenanigans in the crypt because the volume of mobs was low enough, but them bats without FD are a bitch.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So many nostalgia feels in this thread.

I'm tempted to join the fun but I haven't played in ten years and would be lost.

Wish it wasn't in the summer :(

Noahx

N00b
Once they get a taste of raiding PoSky a few times a week for 3 months they'll have different opinions maybe?)
^This

Also remember if you are doing world race - that shit is almost constantly popping so it gets old pretty fast.

Kunark isn't as bad... Velious either. But VP/NTOV take a toll too... just better than Original game.

Noahx

N00b
So many nostalgia feels in this thread.

I'm tempted to join the fun but I haven't played in ten years and would be lost.

Wish it wasn't in the summer :(

I thought that too, initially. Crazy enough, it comes back pretty quick. Sure, you won't know a bunch of little things people that chain TLP will do but you'll enjoy the game again.

Sterling

El Presidente
^This

Also remember if you are doing world race - that shit is almost constantly popping so it gets old pretty fast.

Kunark isn't as bad... Velious either. But VP/NTOV take a toll too... just better than Original game.
Kunark is probably my least favorite, maybe worse than classic even. If they do the same timers as Phinny, it's literally going to be Trak and VS every day in OW.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So leveling speed wise, feasible to get an additional chatacter to 50 in 12wks?

Once you get your first character to 50 for the race you can dump a bunch of twink gear on your "main" and get him to 50 in like 5-7 days without going crazy hardcore. Leveling should be really easy.

Sky makes you want to kill yourself for sure. I remember doing it daily and then having to do the Efreeti cycle twice a week back when Sky had the original MoTM 1 and wasn't nerfed. Bazzt was hitting for as much as RZtW. Idk why we still farmed it daily but it was hands down my least favorite raiding in all of EQ. It was worse than socking because at the end even if you won you only played yourself.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Haha... yeah I got wrapped up in a few of your battles. As a solo shm without a sky ring (god damn you Tub) it was hard to deal with trains. I could weather cleric shenanigans in the crypt because the volume of mobs was low enough, but them bats without FD are a bitch.

lol what char name? i can think of the shaman but not the name. but yeah fuckers, dude i had people i never even met train me there. i had a LONG list on /note since classic of everyone thats trained me. but yeah i wont be farmin efreeti on agnarr, fuck that was so much drama.

I am excited about Agnarr... so I re-subbed for a year (ambitious, I know) - I haven't re-subbed since PoP era EQ. Now I find myself playing on Phinni to tide myself over to release and test out classes I'm looking into playing.. Level 9 necro.. level 8 Wizard so far, which is what I've narrowed it down to so far!

Anyone else rolling on phinni for a time till Agnarr?

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So tempting, but I'm never able to keep the pace... unless I take a week of vacation and tell the wife to kiss my ass...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Hoping they release it mid week. I can burn 2 or 3 days w/o any real care, grind my brains out until Sunday. Then go ultra casual.

So Zaide Zaide , can I ride the static groups w/ a druid? Lol

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hoping they release it mid week. I can burn 2 or 3 days w/o any real care, grind my brains out until Sunday. Then go ultra casual.

So Zaide Zaide , can I ride the static groups w/ a druid? Lol
I'm the exact same way. Love having a Druid around for power leveling. It's just so nice. But they pretty much always suck. :(

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I dont mind boxing one and giving the info to forum pals. But I dont want to have to ask ppl for access to a druid cause ppl are always cagey as fuck with EQ accounts. B/c reasons I dont understand.

So, I can main an ench for dps etc, and have druid box in group. Or might main druid, either way I want access to one so I can PL shit when I want instead of praying to catch a group or having to beg for access.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Can catch up very easily, unless the only reason you want to do it is the initial race.

Good point, nah I don't have to be in the first groups, just want to raid - may roll a cleric.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm legit on vacation from May until mid July, considering giving this a try. Probably bard.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A couple questions for people who already have done the TLP server stuff

1) I want to play a Iksar monk, I'm assuming it wont be released at launch due to no Kunark?
2) What is truebox and how do I get around it with out building a second PC (just curious, would never ever break a rule)
3) If I cant play a monk, do they let gnomes be SK's? I know when I played in 1999 it was a no go.
4) Sterling, teach me the secret quick leveling up strats~

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You cannot make an Iksar Monk but you can change races for a cost during Kunark. I don't know dogshit about boxing. Gnome SKs are not available at release.

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am excited about Agnarr... so I re-subbed for a year (ambitious, I know) - I haven't re-subbed since PoP era EQ. Now I find myself playing on Phinni to tide myself over to release and test out classes I'm looking into playing.. Level 9 necro.. level 8 Wizard so far, which is what I've narrowed it down to so far!

Anyone else rolling on phinni for a time till Agnarr?

I'm leveling characters on Ragefire right now to get a feel for the speed of exp. I was told it's the best match for exp prog.