Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
Velious was better minus the sleeper thing, which in hindsight we should have woken it immediately and skipped the bs over ebayables and dudes who get raging chubbies over the concept of kerafyrm...

Very much this. Looking forward to that week 1 sleeper awakening on Agnarr.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Phin EoE or Vulak EoE? Phin EoE I really feel like I looked down on unfairly once I finally had enough decent experiences to start looking at them with fresh eyes.

Sure, they were a bit insular - but they weren't doing the outward toxicity like Vulak. Just normal competitiveness stuff and completely fairly from what I'd seen (a total of one bad experience with farming my VP keys was with EoE, but even that was minor - no bitching about it or anything, just that I was forced to KS the AJ I'd worked hours spawning from an EoE person) - beyond that everything else with EoE was neutral or even positive. [The one half-elf warrior dude pitched in some help for epic fights - blanking on his name ATM]
I was in Vulak EoE from the start of PoP, they straight up destroyed any competition. Was a lot of dick things going down. Leapfrogging guilds that were camping a spawn that we didn't even give a shit about just to cockblock them from progression. I remember another guild sitting outside of Sol Ro doing all of the standard buffing and getting the last few people in and we just came in with like 2 groups and killed it from right underneath them. No one needed the flag or the loot.

By GoD there was no one even close left

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was in Vulak EoE from the start of PoP, they straight up destroyed any competition. Was a lot of dick things going down. Leapfrogging guilds that were camping a spawn that we didn't even give a shit about just to cockblock them from progression. I remember another guild sitting outside of Sol Ro doing all of the standard buffing and getting the last few people in and we just came in with like 2 groups and killed it from right underneath them. No one needed the flag or the loot.

By GoD there was no one even close left
Big Rit was in EoE as well? Ffffuuu!

I feel there are a lot of EoE peeps hiding here! Interesting time frame as I was in from Classic through mid Luclin I believe. So you joined right after I burnt out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does no one have fond memories of Sleeper/Combine? It was the original progression server! There was a fancy interactive website thing that tracked the first people to kill shit and do epics and stuff!

Also shit unlocked super fast. One month after completion of raid content.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Big Rit was in EoE as well? Ffffuuu!

I feel there are a lot of EoE peeps hiding here! Interesting time frame as I was in from Classic through mid Luclin I believe. So you joined right after I burnt out.
Yeah, joined around mid PoP. While the guild as a whole was pretty dick-ish, most of the people were pretty fun. Played a wizard and then a rogue. I was very rarely #1 on the dps charts but I was usually top 5. There was some skill that you could use for each year you had an active account that I didn't have that people could pop or something like that iirc. It was fun getting to see some of the content I didn't get to see when I first played back in the old days, since I quit shortly after OoW came out and even then the guild I was in only got about halfway through GoD

Would be really fun to do this server, but I just don't have the time anymore. Even on Vulak which was before I had kids it was a strain to keep up which is ultimately why I stopped playing

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can I get one of them SoD's to sell on ebay for personal use before that happens?

I've got 2 or 3 of them on Phinny if you want to use one bro. I'm an adult who makes real money so I had no interest in selling them, I just lend them out as toys to my friends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, joined around mid PoP. While the guild as a whole was pretty dick-ish, most of the people were pretty fun. Played a wizard and then a rogue. I was very rarely #1 on the dps charts but I was usually top 5. There was some skill that you could use for each year you had an active account that I didn't have that people could pop or something like that iirc. It was fun getting to see some of the content I didn't get to see when I first played back in the old days, since I quit shortly after OoW came out and even then the guild I was in only got about halfway through GoD

Would be really fun to do this server, but I just don't have the time anymore. Even on Vulak which was before I had kids it was a strain to keep up which is ultimately why I stopped playing
What was character name? I'm Decay!

I met some of the original founders of EoE at Blizzcon the same year that vulak launched. Was interesting indeed to meet Damdor irl. Lol

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
What amazed me about the Combine was just how competitive it was. I spent a few weeks prior to release thinking through leveling routes and working on dialing in my class. I knew that I'd be working at release, but I really underestimated how seriously some people were prepared to take it. Xygon and most of that crew must have had people playing in shifts, because he was online for nearly 24 hours a day for the first few weeks. Even playing 8-10 hours a day on top of working, I just had no chance of keeping up. It also become evident that without a premade, you would be at a huge disadvantage, regardless of your playtime.

Most of the standout stuff that I remember was just fun stuff while leveling. As a bard, doing deep MM castle groups at the low 30s was pretty fun. Pathing there is/was very wacky, so most people stayed away, despite how packed the zone was. I also remember being in an XP group in my mid 50s in the Hole and keeping 4 mobs mezzed and one charmed for like 15 minutes as adds chained on the group. Even though the game had been out forever at that point, there was still a sense that knowing the zones well gave you an edge over a lot of people. Now, it seems like everyone knows every trick in the book.

On both Combine and Vulak, I just remember competition being decided by who was more brazen or who was cheating the most. I remember doing MM in my 40s and ROI had some multi-boxer who just warped all 6 of his toons into the room next to me and stole the named spawn that we had been clearing towards. There was a lot of that type of shit that took the fun out of playing clean.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What was character name? I'm Decay!

I met some of the original founders of EoE at Blizzcon the same year that vulak launched. Was interesting indeed to meet Damdor irl. Lol
Pretty sure my wizard was Ritley and my rogue was Skrillex.

It's weird, I have a hard time remembering many names from Vulak but I remember almost everyone that I played with back on Druzzil Ro. Decay definitely sounds familiar though

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Unlike Uncle Ricos here, I was in like the 3rd or 4th guild on Lanys, still doing previous expansion content sometimes

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Great memories on Phinny when Gris called for this to happen - pretty sure it was a Saturday day - zone chat and tells were pure gold.

The fake serverwide tricking everyone was the highlight for me. Shit, I think I posted that we would not wake him like 2 hours before we did and still managed to be out shitlorded within a day because of satoshi framing (and then tikkle drama).

Now that I think about it G Grisvok you should still totally wake asap but set a fake future date and troll the serverwide msg name again.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fake serverwide tricking everyone was the highlight for me. Shit, I think I posted that we would not wake him like 2 hours before we did and still managed to be out shitlorded within a day because of satoshi framing (and then tikkle drama).

Now that I think about it G Grisvok you should still totally wake asap but set a fake future date and troll the serverwide msg name again.

I'd bet my life the clowns from that guild aren't going to Agnarr, they're probably waiting to be the only guild on Phinny like they did on Fippy so they can tell themselves they're number 1 finally.

Poor Tikkle wanted to RMT that SoD so bad and didn't get it, that would have paid his grandma's trailer park bill for a year he told us. Poor guy had to go back to farming HoT symbols and Lodizal to pay rent lol.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd bet my life the clowns from that guild aren't going to Agnarr, they're probably waiting to be the only guild on Phinny like they did on Fippy so they can tell themselves they're number 1 finally.

Poor Tikkle wanted to RMT that SoD so bad and didn't get it, that would have paid his grandma's trailer park bill for a year he told us. Poor guy had to go back to farming HoT symbols and Lodizal to pay rent lol.

I honestly liked the guy but jesus fuck. He actually dropped some pretty scathing shit when it went down; I was kinda sold on it at first. Glad I didn't beta out and just talked to Grisvok directly when concerned.

I blame diabeetus. That dude was the literal Hut ganglord of krono sales.

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
I honestly liked the guy but jesus fuck. He actually dropped some pretty scathing shit when it went down; I was kinda sold on it at first. Glad I didn't beta out and just talked to Grisvok directly when concerned.

I blame diabeetus. That dude was the literal Hut ganglord of krono sales.

Haha yeah.. gotta love/hate the guy. Almost all my interactions with him were positive, just a different realm when you're using pixels to finance life. That situation was almost bound to happen with someone(SoD) but watching it unfold real time was pretty funny.