Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
May 24th actually seems a reasonably possible timeframe that I may bother.... What to do, what to do...

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Been keeping an eye on Phinigle accounts for sale on player auctions and epicnpc but man that sure has dried up over the years. If i could find a higher end wizard i'd probably just do that and natural 2 box on a seperate computer to level up a second character. Do VET AA's work on Phin server? .

Check Redguides. That's where most of the account movement is going to be nowadays. I imagine there are plenty of Phinny accounts, or will be soon.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm embarrassingly excited for May 24th :cool:

Never thought I'd be burning leave to play EQ (was one lazy, unemployed shithead back in the day).

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would imagine with the more forgiving XP there is going to be a TON of solo classes on this server so I would definitely keep that in mind when rolling a class.

There will be a ton of mages, necromancers and especially MONKS.

This is going to be the server where if you ever really wanted to play a grouping class, ala Rogue/Warrior/Paladin/SK/Cleric and to a lesser degree enchanter because the first few levels of an enchanter are absolutely horrible, you might have an even easier time doing it if you always wanted to but never did.

Sticking it out with a rogue or ranger would be in your best interest if you're starting day 1 if you wanted to play these classes, since these classes are not very good until later expansions, getting your foot in the door of major guilds before the twink alts hit the market is worth it in the end.

I've always wanted to play rogue but leveling one as an afterthought was always such a pain in the ass, groups were scarce at the low end and their soloing ability without twink gear is just a waste of time.

I loved monk solo but grouping was infinitely more work than it needed to be. Pissed me off when the med classes would be watching netflix or some shit the whole time without any effort at all. Raid pulling of course was obviously the best and most engaging gameplay I found in EQ.

While shaman are powerful, they are real shitty before 24ish and I expect quite a few to be on the server that routinely play this class anyways, knowing they can and will be able to make some good money throughout all the expansions.

Bards, I love only one aspect of, selos. Need I say more? Unfortunately p99 ruined the class for me not being able to swarm kite, to each their own. Melody really makes playing one easy.

Druids it seems are the "flameblast totems" class for any path of exile players here :p Begin with one, mass some coin and make your main so much easier/faster.

Wizards are really laidback and embodies the "netflix and chill" role. Wanted on raids, quad kiting with sow/jboots, ports and eventually AE groups. This was my fastest lvl 60 I've ever played.

Warrior is a noobtrap in my opinion, this class is really best left to people that have friends to routinely play with, at the start they are pretty shitty being so gear dependent, although the disciplines and augments make it bearable, the general size of ogres/trolls without shrink makes sola/solb/guk a real pain in the ass and you really want to be doing sol a if you're planning to level fast but guk is much better for big races but also always crowded with people, YMMV and IMO you'll get more out of a hybrid at the start if you want to roll a tank. Wanting to be a maintank of a guild is often a dream that never comes to fruition being a nobody or a casual.

Cleric is by far the safest class to roll if you just want to socialize and/or want to raid no matter what, if you put in the time to level, youll see every bit of content this game has to offer, it just might be a wall or rock most of the time but damnit youll get to see it!

Enchanter is another really good class to main, they are just as needed as clerics and can be just as or more powerful than the shaman. This class really has everything going for it but if you're a ninja AFKer or have little kids that try to stick things in light sockets I would steer clear and roll something else, your groups will appreciate it. Also, like I said earlier, they are pretty pathetic before 12ish and you wont offer anything to a group until then.

I personally am leaning Rogue this time around, I really love seeing power increases with weapons as oppose to casters, where you get barely anything in between spell upgrades which can often be quite a few levels and after playing a shaman on phinigel I just cant bring myself to do it again.

Don't really know why I typed all this but I am excited for the new TLP and maybe it can help people decide based on my perspective of the classes and my thought process in picking a class, since this game has a shit ton of them!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
how is the queue when these new type of servers launch?

If I remember correctly they made some tech adjustments to the server capacity/hardware since the original fiasco on Ragefire so queue's should be pretty non-existent.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Too far out or bad timing?

I have a meeting on the 24th I cant move, and that weekend is a holiday so I am going to see my kid. Basically turned this from a "Fuk yes burning annual" to a "Welp, I'm out". And I bought krono a day before the announcement.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have a meeting on the 24th I cant move, and that weekend is a holiday so I am going to see my kid. Basically turned this from a "Fuk yes burning annual" to a "Welp, I'm out". And I bought krono a day before the announcement.

Sucks! You could pass your account to someone that will keep your guy current for when you have time.

I would volunteer but won't know if I can do the 20 hour a day thing until closer to launch.

Last edited:

Crone

I've got a request in to have that whole week off. I'm not sure yet whether I have it approved or not, and it's looking like I most likely will be out of town, but that might be a good thing. Means I'll be able to play every night in the hotel for hours and hours!

Korrupt Korrupt Probably going SK this time around, to pair up with a shaman friend. I bow to your SK godliness and hope we can have some training sessions in game on how to be amazing!

... lol, or maybe I'll just go the afk king wizard! Sorry guys, hotel internet is bad! *wink*

• 1Like

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

I started Phinigel like 10 days after release and it was still really fun, had no issues whatsoever finding groups. Only a small fraction of the community is going to blaze through in pre-mades -- Zaide will be killing naggy while most people are wiping at orc 1.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've got a request in to have that whole week off. I'm not sure yet whether I have it approved or not, and it's looking like I most likely will be out of town, but that might be a good thing. Means I'll be able to play every night in the hotel for hours and hours!

Korrupt Korrupt Probably going SK this time around, to pair up with a shaman friend. I bow to your SK godliness and hope we can have some training sessions in game on how to be amazing!

... lol, or maybe I'll just go the afk king wizard! Sorry guys, hotel internet is bad! *wink*

SK are Jesus Christ on these TLP's you wont regret it. Tanks, DPS, Solo kings and my favorite class to pull on since you can warp almost anything to you with spells.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Broke down and bought a year all access last night, rolled an Ogre Warrior on Phinny. After playing about 4 hours, I think I will end up rolling a Troll SK for the 100th time on Agnarr. It's just part of my being. That or a Troll Shammy; I love me some Canni Dance and Alchemy.

Now the question is do i take 3 vacation days, or 7...

Hopefully I can group with a few of you miscreants once this shit goes live.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Got my leave in. Ready for that static. I'm doing Shaman/Wizard 20 hours a day.

i'm thinking that holiday weekend launch might mean double exp weekend too. figure we can mostly be capped by monday.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vaclav

SK are Jesus Christ on these TLP's you wont regret it. Tanks, DPS, Solo kings and my favorite class to pull on since you can warp almost anything to you with spells.
Indeed, Classic is the worst time for them.... and even then they're still pretty damn good. Kunark they go into the stratosphere and never look back.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

Can you go into a little more detail on this -- what do you mean warp things to you with spells? I've played practically nothing but Enchanter since EQ beta 2 -- but I'm thinking of switching it up a little this time around.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
SK spells are huge agro bombs, so you can drop a low level (low mana cost) spell on a mob, and have it make a B-Line to you; makes it hard for others to steal a pull in a competitive busy area. Also a great taunt when that certain wizzy pre funks a nuke.