Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
O. So shm and dru are still options

They initially made it so the single dot was supposed to do as much/more damage than actually casting all of the dots in the line. For some reason they have it scaled based off level. At TLP levels not only can you not stack dots anymore, but the same dot actually does a lot less damage it did before the change.

Of course they bring other things to the table other than dots, so it's not like they're worthless.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide and Korrupt Korrupt you both seem to be taking point in this so I will bring it to you guys.

If you would like I can easily make a subforum here that is private where people can request access to specifically for this. Like the WoW guild one you see but you would have to approve them to be able to post in there.

I know you have your other forum Zaide and that's fine but I bet some people would like to stick to one place. Up to you guys just let me know. We have plenty of time before this starts since a date isn't even announced yet.

I'm fine with that. Ill keep this forum up to date with every group and leveling path from both sites.

Private forum would be nice for this. Do you guys use Discord usually?

We have a discord right now but we will probably grab a TS for the actual launch.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm fine with that. Ill keep this forum up to date with every group and leveling path from both sites.
I will set it up sometime tonight or this weekend and give you two moderator rights in that sub forum. There will be a usergroup made that people can request access to and you guys can approve them.

It will default to not visible to anyone not in that group so that you can post private information.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
Since we got a while until this server opens, I guess I'll spent a little time solo leveling on Phinny to see how it is.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Since we got a while until this server opens, I guess I'll spent a little time solo leveling on Phinny to see how it is.

Phinny is much slower than Ragefire or Lockjaw and this new server is using the RF/LJ rates. If you want to see what the exp rate is going to be like those are the better way to go.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
You can start in Gloomingdeep. I'm not sure if they actually intended for that version to be released when they did, but it kind of ruined Phinny for me since that gear is just stupid good for leveling and pretty much invalidates anything else on the way up, which I was looking forward to doing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The tutorial opens up with the appropriate expansion. It wasn't available on other prog servers at release and won't be on Agnarr.

Thrudd

Phinny is much slower than Ragefire or Lockjaw and this new server is using the RF/LJ rates. If you want to see what the exp rate is going to be like those are the better way to go.

Okay, so Ragefire it is (higher pop it seems)

Thrudd

Ok, so screw the Tutorial. I'll just make it more difficult and start Raw from Grobb

Thrudd

Lol, I was just looking up my name to see if there was something special in EQ that I couldn't use it on any new servers and noticed I'm in the Hall of Fame =p

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Does the dot change effect Necros?

It affects their poison dots at the moment since they share those with Shaman. It's unknown if they'll target the rest of their dots, but seems likely since they got all the other dot classes

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How are rogues? Playing around with sneak just seems like a hell of a lot of fun.

I always thought the cool part about rogues during the early stages of a TLP is that you can get items that almost no one had in era like the 41% haste belt from Sky or the 12/19 sky dagger. That was shit that basically no one had back in the day. It's like that for a couple different classes. There are some items you just never, ever saw. One of the selling points of these kinds of servers is that you get to do some things you never got to do and getting decked out in Sky gear in era was not a common thing.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How are rogues? Playing around with sneak just seems like a hell of a lot of fun.

don't forget that every class of halfling gets hide+sneak

halfling warriors that take the time to learn sneak pulling are rare but pretty fun.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Every class is decent enough to play, but for the purpose of racing to 50, or getting extremely early raid mob kills certain classes are more well equipped. This is a rough guide I've worked out, I could be wrong on some of these classes as I haven't actively been raiding/playing for a year now. When I made these tiers I did so with both grinding/raiding efficiently in mind. If we were to just look at raiding or just at grinding these would be moved around a bit.

Tier S is for classes which way over-perform and can make a big difference if we use them in aggressive numbers for the grind and raids. These classes typically perform well even with little or no gear or outperform other classes in areas traditionally outside of their "archetype".

Tier A is for staple classes that perform more or less exactly as you'd expect, they're some of the best options in whatever category they represent, choosing these is always a solid/great option.

Tier B is for classes that are only good in either groups or raids, but not both or classes which are very gear dependent and are not "staple" classes.

Tier C is for classes which due to nerfs or the server timeline will almost always be sub-par compared to other classes.

Tier S:
Monk - Great DPS from 1-65 they will be awesome for the entire length of the server and require almost no gear early on.
Enchanter - Once they hit level 11 charm pet DPS is pretty much the best there is, having one is a must for each static group, having two or three could be even better.
SK - These guys are busted. In some expansions they'll be the best DPS in your raid. Plus FD, snap aggro, harm touch and loads of other utility.

Tier A:
Wizard - Great DPS from 1-65, they will be great even naked and outside of a few select zones (PoSky) there is never a downside to having them.
Cleric - An obvious staple of any raid or group, like warriors there is nothing more to add.
Shaman - This is a staple class that I wanted to put in S tier but with the recent nerfs I'm tentatively calling them A. Slow is such a huge boon, and obviously the buffs they bring to the raid are amazing. Their pets have also avoided the Necro/Mage nerfs. I'm not positive a Shaman can be the main healer for a group for the 1-50 grind, but maybe partnered with a Paladin tank they can float it. Some of the Shaman mains here can probably weigh in better than me.
Warrior - Not much to say, after we get 50 + some gear they'll tank 90% of everything we ever fight. Once they get Defensive in Kunark it's a wrap. They are probably the worst of the three tanks for the 1-50 grind though.
Bard - Another staple class, bard songs are as useful as ever with resists/haste/mana regen and they're solid pullers. They are not going to put out a ton of dps alone but they improve the whole group and can do some good CC in a pinch.
Necromancer - Their dots may be a bit underutilized during the grind to 50 since mobs die so fast, but their pet remains solid and in zones like Lguk they'll be able to charm. If they don't eat a nerf like Shamans/Druids they'll be amazing DPS on a lot of the MoTM 1 raids where mobs have tons of hp relative to the overall DPS of early raiders.

Tier B:
Paladin - Great group tanks for 1-50, they can off heal, snap aggro and do some very light CC w/ stun/root. Sadly in raids the Warrior will out tank them and they'll never come close to the DPS benchmarks of the SK.
Mage - Mages are great for the early grind, they have powerful pets and require no gear to put out great DPS for the group. However they are sub par in early raiding if you've got more than 3-4 due to Mark of the Old Ways.
Ranger - They have uses, but during the grind to 50 they are very gear dependent and even with gear other classes will outshine them. By Luclin they'll be very good, in PoP they should be incredible.

Tier C:
Rogue - It's hard to think of a time where replacing a Rogue with a Monk wouldn't be a strict upgrade, especially during the leveling process and server first fights when our gear is the biggest obstacle.
Druid - The most important role for the druid was already mobilization, with recent nerfs it seems the class has taken a big hit to DPS and still remains incapable of solo healing a group. This is a shaman with worse buffs and no slow.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Are you Kenadul from BoR on Sol Ro sir?

I am going Necro instead of SK this round. SK is probably the single most OP class on these servers but I need FD and want to try another class. Harm Touch isn't a huge single DD anymore, its a small one. The biggest change is Unholy doubles your lifetap damage. The unholy change coupled with DoTs and really high melee damage makes them powerhouses.

Yeah I did play on Sol Ro and was in BoR then Paradigm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user