Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
GoD is the best expansion in EQ imo. OoW, DoDH, PoR, SoD, Underfoot are all very strong as well. EQ's biggest problem is that it's incredibly daunting to start from scratch on a server that has already been around for years. They've made it a little easier but it's still a big mountain to climb and most don't bother climbing it.

Classic is fun for the initial month because you are more or less forced to group with people, and level up with basically no gear. Getting shit with +10hp is a big upgrade and it's just hilarious and fun if you ask me. It brings back how EQ used to be. But after that you'll mostly just see boxed toons & groups going.

I'll probably hang out on Agnarr when nothing is happening on Phinny though. Mostly because people are willing to pay outrageous amounts of krono for shit that's extremely easy to acquire :p.

35kr mnk epis, 30kr clr epis, 15-20kr rog epis (???), 10kr shm epics (this one has always surprised me -- especially with teh instances). phinny printed money. have enough kr to play EQ for like 10 years if i felt the need.

Sterling

El Presidente
Said nobody, ever. I think the only people more out of touch with the people who play EQ in 2017 than you are Daybreak employees.

Kunark, velious, luclin, pop worst expansions in EQ? Holy shit... Luclin you might have something to stand on but... Really?

I'm not buying this... honestly I believe Kunark and PoP are the best expansions in their history. Sure, there's some nostalgia there but i've played a lot of EQ and MMO's over the years and I can think of few of my best memories that do not stem from those expansions (maybe some Velious too). Even in newer games, when I think of class/epic weapons, several dungeons and raids, and a number of other aspects of MMO's it takes me back to these early EQ expansions. I'd dare say that many games, whether they know it or not, are developing from these ideas. Not that it's a problem or am I complaining, i'm just saying it's hard to not travel back to these expansions if you have any experience with EQ at all not to mention favorable memories of EQ.

I'm sure we can argue this all day long but to say these are the "worst" expansions is simply crazy and you should probably go submit movie review to RT or something.
Nostalgia aside, having redone these expansions on TLP I will say Kunark and PoP are both extremely shallow. Luclin and GoD which many people hated at the time actually have much more to do than Kunark/Velious and PoP do at those particular level caps. You get done with PoP progression on TLP in a couple of days, then it's literally just farming PoTime every 6 or 7 days. I mean we still do elementals to gear alts and just to have something to do I guess, but unless you feel the absolute need to be literally BiS in every slot and complete every meaningless quest you'll be ready for LDoN/GoD in about a month at most.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of depth in Luclin, I can't wait to farm lucid shards again!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
OOW Was good, at least I liked it. The trials and epic v1.5 and 2.0. I also liked HOT but that was way way later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nothing is as bad as EQ circa 2000-2001. Remember certain zones had like 50+ peeps in them.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nothing is as bad as EQ circa 2000-2001. Remember certain zones had like 50+ peeps in them.

Dawnshroud, be lucky to find a single thing to pull most days.

But yeah pick zones, beer, and netflix will make it move along.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dawnshroud, be lucky to find a single thing to pull most days.

But yeah pick zones, beer, and netflix will make it move along.

It's a great sign for a game when you need beer and Netflix to make it playable.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Doing any of the following on Agnarr may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

• Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
  • Using 3rd party software.
  • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.

Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

• Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
  • Playing on virtual machines.
  • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.

I like this part of the FAQ. Considering a close friend of mine reported thatsmydaddy in sebilis for broadcasting atleast 15 characters to cast AE at the same, and Dunbar who personally witnessed it did nothing to punish him for it, are they really going to put this bullshit in the server FAQ and enforce it? Or just enforce it until the end of kunark? Also like how they put "playing on virtual machines." I dont think that one was in the phinigel FAQ, so thats something.

At least for me I have 8 computers so I won't be using a VM until the coast is clear.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I could build a second computer or even VM it, I just don't know how I will do it efficiently. I might give it a shot on Phinny to learn.

I know the feeling, redone my desk config since Phin - if her and I play 3 boxes between us doesn't seem to hard to swing with the current setup - but god help me if I know where we'd put a 4th box for her. (Screen space being the primary concern)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Steam streaming is the easiest thing ever. Allows you to alt tab, but it's still running on another machine. Put your 4th screen anywhere and just alt tab between your boxes.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I could build a second computer or even VM it, I just don't know how I will do it efficiently. I might give it a shot on Phinny to learn.

I got a 2nd computer / monitor and use multiplicity to control both pretty well. Inputdirector seems to work best for broadcast keys but depending on the patch that may or may not true box you. Don't know anyone who'll admit to using VMware to box but there's a guy who's got like ~ 18 mages and I just have to imagine there's a trick to it :p

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I got a 2nd computer / monitor and use multiplicity to control both pretty well. Inputdirector seems to work best for broadcast keys but depending on the patch that may or may not true box you. Don't know anyone who'll admit to using VMware to box but there's a guy who's got like ~ 18 mages and I just have to imagine there's a trick to it :p
He is probably using proxmox or something else that isn't vmware but the same concept.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
He is probably using proxmox or something else that isn't vmware but the same concept.
Probs. I'm sure it's something people use but no one talks about. Like the RMT on p99 :3 ShowEQ might as well just come with the launcher. And I swear I've seen a few people using /stick.