Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Keep in mind with the Steam method, I'm not broadcasting any keys or anything, but being able to alt tab, and of course use the same keyboard/mouse for both boxes, is freakin' easy.

I feel the other methods are pretty damn complicated, when Steam streaming works just fine.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
What do you guys think the ultimate 6-man group is, if one of the classes is a Bard?

I don't know about ultimate, but my friends and I rolled through most Luclin exping with Bard, Wizzy, Necro, SK, Shammy, Cleric. Bard just pulled as much of the zone to us, and we went to work. It was a mess, but very effective, and the most fun I ever had in EQ. Amazing how effective a shammy can be at crowd control.

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
Said nobody, ever. I think the only people more out of touch with the people who play EQ in 2017 than you are Daybreak employees.

Kunark, velious, luclin, pop worst expansions in EQ? Holy shit... Luclin you might have something to stand on but... Really?

Nah man. I was done with everything in kunark by day 3 on phinny with shit xp. Had epic done + spirit wracked chord + lvl 60 max xp + VP key. Was literally just sitting in chardok farming waiting for raids. Velious was the same, the group content is pretty awful and was just waiting for NToV pops by the end of week 1 with shawl completely done. Luclin was at least fun to AA for a bit but I was max AA with everything done by week 2. There is virtually no content for someone who plays often till post PoP. I only like PoP because the flagging system is kinda fun for a few days and the grouping zones are decent.

Oh and the itemization is complete shit till PoP and doesnt start to get good till LDoN+. Theres just vastly more to do in the game later on. More AAs, more fun raids, your class has more unique stuff it can do.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The shallowness of Kunark was definitely surprising to me this last go around. My nostalgia started there because my fondest character was an Iksar but actually playing through that expansion you run out of stuff pretty quick. After a week I was down to random crap like maxing my FV faction to try and use the town as an Iksar.

You can't by the way. Even at max faction Iksar are still kos. Max faction plus a wood elf illusion potion got it up to I think apprehensive? The faction mods for an evil deity in that town are just fucking harsh.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What do you guys think the ultimate 6-man group is, if one of the classes is a Bard?

Would depend entirely on the era - for Agnarr...
Classic -- PAL, DRU, BRD, ENC, MAG, MAG
PoP -- SK, CLR, BRD, ENC, WIZ, RNG

Would probably be my crazy 6-man for early-server/end-server if I was doing solo and wanted to min-max in each era. If you're talking more than 1 human I'd tweak it a bit though.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
Hey boys, I'll be playing on agnarr so hit me up and shit, look forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces. Maybe a static if you're gonna grind like a mofo & I'm always hanging around discord.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah man. I was done with everything in kunark by day 3 on phinny with shit xp. Had epic done + spirit wracked chord + lvl 60 max xp + VP key. Was literally just sitting in chardok farming waiting for raids. Velious was the same, the group content is pretty awful and was just waiting for NToV pops by the end of week 1 with shawl completely done. Luclin was at least fun to AA for a bit but I was max AA with everything done by week 2. There is virtually no content for someone who plays often till post PoP. I only like PoP because the flagging system is kinda fun for a few days and the grouping zones are decent.

Oh and the itemization is complete shit till PoP and doesnt start to get good till LDoN+. Theres just vastly more to do in the game later on. More AAs, more fun raids, your class has more unique stuff it can do.

So, you leveled from 50 to 60, got all VP key drops including traks tooth, epic completed AND managed to max chardok faction in 3 days, not 3 days /played but 72 hours from server launch.

This isn't an expansion problem, this is a personal problem.

You're all missing a very important aspect when weighing all your opinions... instances. You're no lifing a server with fucking instances and then wonder why you're bored sitting in chardok on day 4 waiting for something to do.

I don't want to be a hater when everyones got their rose tinted glasses on dreaming of manastones and guises but if you keep playing the same way you did WoW, you're gonna have a bad time. The raid content is not based on every guild getting their own uncontested pinata(often with a 2x multiplier) all the while playing all day every day.

When all you have to look forward to is augments in LDoN and call that "good itemization" you've completely lost touch with the only good thing about EQ, the social aspect and instead are playing the loot game with a server that hands you loot by the truckload.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
So, you leveled from 50 to 60, got all VP key drops including traks tooth, epic completed AND managed to max chardok faction in 3 days, not 3 days /played but 72 hours from server launch.

This isn't an expansion problem, this is a personal problem.

You're all missing a very important aspect when weighing all your opinions... instances. You're no lifing a server with fucking instances and then wonder why you're bored sitting in chardok on day 4 waiting for something to do.

I don't want to be a hater when everyones got their rose tinted glasses on dreaming of manastones and guises but if you keep playing the same way you did WoW, you're gonna have a bad time. The raid content is not based on every guild getting their own uncontested pinata(often with a 2x multiplier) all the while playing all day every day.

When all you have to look forward to is augments in LDoN and call that "good itemization" you've completely lost touch with the only good thing about EQ, the social aspect and instead are playing the loot game with a server that hands you loot by the truckload.
Because you can't possibly enjoy the social aspects and still want actual content?

Noahx

N00b
Wish I had a little more context of what is Post POP as various classes. OoW and on are just a mystery to me except the few times I molo'd up some toons to 70s in zones I didn't even understand or probably appreciate. Gris is probably right in that POP+ is when loot gets fun - and if we quit around POP, that incentive in POP leaves fond memories for us to nnnggg all over that expansion.

Any more clarity about "Whats great about the next few expansions" on Phinny would be awesome. Class roles, character progression, events etc. Velious killed me as an enchanter - and my impression for later expansions is it just got worse from there.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Wish I had a little more context of what is Post POP as various classes. OoW and on are just a mystery to me except the few times I molo'd up some toons to 70s in zones I didn't even understand or probably appreciate. Gris is probably right in that POP+ is when loot gets fun - and if we quit around POP, that incentive in POP leaves fond memories for us to nnnggg all over that expansion.

Any more clarity about "Whats great about the next few expansions" on Phinny would be awesome. Class roles, character progression, events etc. Velious killed me as an enchanter - and my impression for later expansions is it just got worse from there.

Pretty much after Planes of Power it becomes a different game, the fact that almost all raid content became instanced only meant that encounters could become increasingly complex and difficult. Some encounters from later expansions (like Performer in DoDH) would be potentially impossible in open world since one random outsider could wipe raids all day. Likewise this means that guilds get to trim the fat because one retard who spent the last 5 expansions playing auto attack quest can start wiping your raids when he misses emotes on OMM or Vish or Mayong etc.

There is also the fact that as we approach later expansion the character buffs we've all received over the years become less glaring, and content slowly ramps up in difficulty. In reality gear barely matters in most early EQ expansions but once you get into GoD+ (GoD is really a lot easier than people think it is though) you finally need to start gearing your raid out to have a chance at success.

The reality is (unfortunately) that early EQ is mostly won by warm bodies, but once we get into the non nostalgia expansions it actually matters who you're raiding with beyond their ability to play 18 hours a day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
after kunark i dont see why you wouldnt box all monks in your melee dps 6 man group.. warrior, clr, ench, bard, monk, monk (monks with epic)

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
Trying to figure out if I want to start as a wizard or a mage. Seems like mage is way better for the initial leveling and camping shit @ 50. Wizard is dope on raids, but not sure how many raids I will be on, are they common? Or is wizard almost as good as mage for level up groups?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah ill be leveling mages, get that yellow water pet every 4 levels, of course some youll have to research but its yellow up until 33 i believe, box a few of those you wont need gear just malachite and bam.

saw it on phinigel after they nerfed the water pets in the beginning it was still wrecking shit their DD's are good they just had halved the HP they had on ragefire it seemed. they nerfed necro pets then too, they werent as good as mages but still got hit. the necro pet hp was so low after that nerf that the level 1 necro pet would get low hp aggro at full health, lmao. but i think they fixed that.

but mages are boring in raids, plus the pets get you aggro easily. wizards will be raid dps.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Will SK's really be dime a dozen? Was considering rolling a tank as it seems to always be a need. Wouldn't mind a Pally or a SK. My first go at EQ was a Pally before moving to a cleric.... for the rest of my life in every game I've played since lol

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will SK's really be dime a dozen? Was considering rolling a tank as it seems to always be a need. Wouldn't mind a Pally or a SK. My first go at EQ was a Pally before moving to a cleric.... for the rest of my life in every game I've played since lol

Nobody knows for sure how big the sk population will be, it's just a fact that with no gear the hybrid classes are just plain better.

I wouldn't put off playing them because of it though. This board gives a slight bump to them but as a whole, there's a lot more incentive to play other op classes for a myriad of reasons, Krono farming being the biggest, that's where your necros mages and shaman come in.

The way I see it, playing any tank is never going to be a bad decision. With improved XP, the majority will hit max lvl and disappear from the world outside their guilds and the rest of us plebs need you to be our tank.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user