Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any particular insight on deciding between SK and Pally? Especially long term looking to endgame with PoP? That's some great info though! I really appreciate it.

One other question. I'm not quite grasping the Kronos farming. I have some max level characters hanging around on other servers. Is there an easy way to get some Kronos for a subscription? I'd also like to encourage my friends by giving them a first month incentive to get them back into it.
Would live the insight here as well for paladins vs SKs.

Sterling

El Presidente
SKs will do a lot more dps, Paladins offer group heals and have DA hammer so make for better rampage tanks, SKs also increase the group's mana regen. SKs are also one of the strongest pulling classes in the game. Paladins have a group hp buff that stacks with cleric/druid buffs so you'll want at least one on your raid. There's a reason that there's probably 4 or 5 SKs for every paladin on Phinny and it isn't all just RP flavor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Paladins don't offer much until brells, in pop. Sk has feign death. They both are great snap aggro tanks. I'd say the biggest difference between them is paladins can't be big races so the health pools will be different for a while. Big races can slam when using 2handers, while paladins have stuns so it's a wash.

I would say it's more of a personal choice but I would rather have feign death to save myself in situations with a bigger health pool.

You also might factor in whether getting your epic is important to you, the difference between these two for epics is insane.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Paladins don't offer much until brells, in pop. Sk has feign death. They both are great snap aggro tanks. I'd say the biggest difference between them is paladins can't be big races so the health pools will be different for a while. Big races can slam when using 2handers, while paladins have stuns so it's a wash.

I would say it's more of a personal choice but I would rather have feign death to save myself in situations with a bigger health pool.

You also might factor in whether getting your epic is important to you, the difference between these two for epics is insane.

Paladin epic is a f'n nightmare...

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This is incorrect. They are low popularity, but probably at very similar numbers to Paladins, Beastlords and Necros at this point. And for the 2nd part, they offer a buff most mana classes will want over Virtue since their skin buffs offer additional stacking mana regen. Seasons is obvious, they also offer a group HoT which can be MGB much like clerics and beastlords, and they also offer unique debuffs not available from other classes.

Not disagreeing, just saying for our raids no one really bothers to Pot9/Symbol over Virtue. Mana really isn't an issue for most.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not disagreeing, just saying for our raids no one really bothers to Pot9/Symbol over Virtue. Mana really isn't an issue for most.
Even aside from that, they still offer fire/cold and ac debuffs not offered by other classes. Not suggesting you should stack druids, but the first one is important.

Phinny exp cap rises with # in group. That's why soloing on phinny = teh suck. You get very little on phinny if soloing.

I have not seen that penalty mentioned in regard to agnarr, and anyway, they have said exp rate will be similar to ragefire, which was ridiculous easy.

Maybe they will find their sweetspot, eventually. But agnarr gonna be a fast exp server.

Sterling

El Presidente
Way easier now with instanced raid targets.
Between instances and pickzones etc almost all epics are really easy now with a few exceptions.

Enchanter epic is the worst in that it has 2 2+ day spawns that happen inside cities so no pickzones or instances, these tend to be very highly contested.

Enchanter and Wizard both also have a multi day spawned mob in PoFear that can't spawn inside instances because the beginning of the spawn window is well after the 6 hour instance. These can be highly contested and due to the nature of the zone often end up being trainfests.

Shadowknights have to visit Marl twice. He's on a ~ 36 hour or whatever spawn and he despawns once used. He does spawn in pickzones, the way pickzones work there's almost no chance that they'll stay up long enough to matter.

You might have to end up spending hours farming something like Pearl shards or one of the various embers for Mage epic or whatever, but those 3 classes epics are orders of magnitude worse than the rest.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
The paladin epic can be completed 99% in Classic. There aren't many epic quests out there easier than the Pally epic. The hardest part is getting to the final turn-in guy in fear alive! DA run and hope for no fear imo =p.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can you forage ranger epic items and get sky and hate drops in classic?

I can't recall if she got the forages in classic, but the planar drops absolutely are available in classic. (The forages take like 5-10 min a piece with max forage anyhow)

Sterling

El Presidente
The 3 epics I mentioned are literally the only ones that aren't retardedly easy. Most people had their epics in the first week or 2 of kunark on phinny that weren't one of those 3 classes. Well and bard, but they fixed the bottleneck on that one.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Using a lvl 1 halfling rogue in misty thicket.

Phinny xp:/ yellow 8% / white 3% / Yellow 9% / yellow 8% / white 3%

Ragefire xp:/ yellow 9% / yellow 8% / white 5% / yellow 8% / white 5%

For whatever reason, I was not able to get more than 9% for a yellow kill on either server, while there was obviously a slight difference in white con mobs in ragefire's favor.

I said I would do more tests and here it is, there is in fact an XP cap per kill and there isnt a difference between phinny and ragefire in that regard.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
The 3 epics I mentioned are literally the only ones that aren't retardedly easy. Most people had their epics in the first week or 2 of kunark on phinny that weren't one of those 3 classes. Well and bard, but they fixed the bottleneck on that one.

Oh man, those UDB races. Having guts from day 1 on agnarr is going to be strange. Going to have more guts than bards, even with the boxes...