Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
DKP is the devil. Merit with priority for the main raid tanks is the way to go. Requires a very tight group and a leader who everyone trusts though. That was tough to find even during classic, probably next to impossible now.

Because most guilds had shitty leadership that merited loot to themselves and their fucking boxes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I used to like merit and its certainly more efficient, but there is a nice ease to the good ol capitalism of bid dkp.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Merit worked well on Ragefire but honestly the system we have in place on Phinny is awesome. We reward 1 alt which is predefined and cant be changed as a second main with restrictions on loot that go away after the 1/2 way point in each expansion. The only pain point in our system is that we restrict certain loot to circumvent people who raid the first 2 weeks of expacs and quit or those who like to collect toys that are class defining items for other classes. Our goal is to reward longevity and people who put in more than the normal raider which benefits the overall guild over the individual fair weather raider.

Things like Blade of Carnages would have been swallowed up and RMTd if we didn't restrict them to warriors. We took the extras and sold them for hundreds of krono. We then used that krono to buy shield of the immaculates, mana robes, and other high end items which were then openly bid on and were infinitely more valuable to our guild than a bard having a BoC to tank for his box army.

yerm yerm tons of people cried constantly about drama with her which doesn't mean much on its own. She became an officer and honestly rubbed every single person the wrong way trying to take over leadership and acting like a child when she didn't get her way. When people threaten to quit and take all the clerics it just makes their credibility worthless and told us everything we needed to know about her problem solving skills. She always claimed "im speaking for the people" and never had anything else to back her stance up or even names to provide of these people in an uproar.

• 1Like

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
The trick about dkp is to play a underplayed class. I'm playing a druid with a Rogue alt.

• 1Like

yerm

Makes sense I suppose. Generally the people I knew who were upset felt like the upper levels were a clique, eg I cant get my urn because them officers rmt it type shit. I was confided in I assume because of forum trolling fooling people into thinking I wasn't a jerk. She probably did have a lot of people complain to her though even if she didn't filter it up well.

Weird part is twice I had an issue, so I went right to gris. He either explained it immediately, or said lemme check and THEN explained it immediately. I think 90% of internal guild drama is people too beta to just address things rationally.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Makes sense I suppose. Generally the people I knew who were upset felt like the upper levels were a clique, eg I cant get my urn because them officers rmt it type shit. I was confided in I assume because of forum trolling fooling people into thinking I wasn't a jerk. She probably did have a lot of people complain to her though even if she didn't filter it up well.

Weird part is twice I had an issue, so I went right to gris. He either explained it immediately, or said lemme check and THEN explained it immediately. I think 90% of internal guild drama is people too beta to just address things rationally.

That's funny people assumed we were RMTing the urns and necks. What we actually did was sell the necks and give the urns away to people who showed up in the zone and tracked her. We got at least 20+ people their urns but we wanted them to earn it, not cry in guild about needing it and just handing them one. We probably spoiled everyone doing the entire guilds Chardok rings as a guild.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

The first raiding guild I was in was ran by two guys who had two boxes each. Claiming they were their wives/sons. One was a War/Ench/Clr and the other was a Clr/War/Brd... later a bst.

This was into the Kunark/early Velious era. It was so blatantly obvious and aggravating that merited every single Ench/Clr/War item to themselves or their "wife"/or their "son." Then let the rest of the guild /roll on items they didn't want.

I called them out on this shit and got gkicked after an incident with Zordak for the Cleric epic that just pissed me off to no end. Essentially I had received every upgrade I ever got on my own without the guild's help by not being a shitty player and getting in with some other guilds. While staking out Zordak and playing nice with the other clerics there. They were all pretty cool with the queue and I respected that. Warrior guild leader whos box Cleric finally caught up to me on the epic asked if he could have my spot in the Zordak queue because it was, "better for the guild."

Raged at him right there in gchat and got kicked rofl. Didn't stop him from going to the camp and telling the other clerics I was ceding my spot to him...

Said guild later fell to nothing on Bertoxx after the hatemail circulated on berthall.com. That was some good vindication the two leading boxxer faggots never got into another raiding guild again that actually did shit. Bertox didn't have so much drama compared to other servers in my opinion and there was a lot of mutual respect on various things.

yerm

That's funny people assumed we were RMTing the urns and necks. What we actually did was sell the necks and give the urns away to people who showed up in the zone and tracked her. We got at least 20+ people their urns but we wanted them to earn it, not cry in guild about needing it and just handing them one. We probably spoiled everyone doing the entire guilds Chardok rings as a guild.

Nah bro. You guys were totally rmting. You bought shields for like 25kr but charged the bank 100kr and shit. Grizvok totally isn't a real attorney because he missed my passing reference to some 1850s case I just googled. In fact ever noticed raids are only called when someone able to call raids is calling them - you can't explain that!

It was even worse in ROI.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Bertox had some good stuff going. I didn't go hard on EQ at that time, but one of my good friends IRL was one of the top bards in Glory's Path so I got the inside scoop on drama and was allowed to go on some raids that I had no business attending at the time. Didnt move to Bertox until around PoP, I was like 16 and more worried about getting pussy than pixels. Still though, I can remember the names of a lot of the top players on that server. Good times

rad

Lord of Guk
As far as I'm concerned officers should get a cut, shits work. I would rather be a preschool teacher than try and rein some of these fools in, at least the children have an excuse.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know thinking back to Velious we did have one evil officer. Kyrax / Radien / Darksong / Pokedex who was the only one we ever caught RMTing while he was playing. We monitored Redguides pretty heavily and caught him selling an SoD and Gnome Mask right after Sleepers launch. Luckily Dannin bought them both with his own money and got them back into the guild. We also caught quite a few others and have their IPs tracked now to ensure they don't rip off the guild again. The shit that came after though was the boggling stuff. Radien threatened to quit and took a bunch of our bank hostage unless we changed something he wanted. He was done with EQ but he kept DDOSing our website and TS for no reason. Then because he made our website originally he took ownership of it randomly and held it ransom. We finally convinced him to give it back but then he used a voice changer with an IP mask to rejoin as Pokedex. Basically he was using us to gear end game toons to sell for 1-2k and was mad we cut him off from RMTing.

Radien is also the one who posted the youtube video here and on DBG's forums of us using MESEQ to track open world mobs.

We did have almost 1k krono banked but we kept a tight leash on it so only Grisvok and Shelston who did all of our selling had access. We paid for literally everything for you guys from all reagents to potions including cloudy gate pots and STILL had a close to 1k krono bank to buy anything anyone wanted.

rad rad we didn't need a cut bruh, we all personally have hundreds of krono each. We actually got the bank started in classic with 40 of our own krono.

• 1Like

yerm

You know thinking back to Velious we did have one evil officer. Kyrax / Radien / Darksong / Pokedex who was the only one we ever caught RMTing while he was playing. We monitored Redguides pretty heavily and caught him selling an SoD and Gnome Mask right after Sleepers launch. Luckily Dannin bought them both with his own money and got them back into the guild. We also caught quite a few others and have their IPs tracked now to ensure they don't rip off the guild again. The shit that came after though was the boggling stuff. Radien threatened to quit and took a bunch of our bank hostage unless we changed something he wanted. He was done with EQ but he kept DDOSing our website and TS for no reason. Then because he made our website originally he took ownership of it randomly and held it ransom. We finally convinced him to give it back but then he used a voice changer with an IP mask to rejoin as Pokedex. Basically he was using us to gear end game toons to sell for 1-2k and was mad we cut him off from RMTing.

Radien is also the one who posted the youtube video here and on DBG's forums of us using MESEQ to track open world mobs.

We did have almost 1k krono banked but we kept a tight leash on it so only Grisvok and Shelston who did all of our selling had access. We paid for literally everything for you guys from all reagents to potions including cloudy gate pots and STILL had a close to 1k krono bank to buy anything anyone wanted.

rad rad we didn't need a cut bruh, we all personally have hundreds of krono each. We actually got the bank started in classic with 40 of our own krono.

You had the most transparency of any mmo guild I've ever been in. Didn't matter. People don't really want truth, they want to excuse their own shit tier inadequacy.

rad

Lord of Guk
No doubt, I can only imagine the success some of you had on your own. I farmed over 100 krono soloing, can only dream what is possible with a box crew and knowledge. Chaos thrives in the face of doubt, I always took most of the drama as what you've described Korrupt Korrupt yerm yerm - betas with no balls who had concerns but were too pussy to address them with the parties involved.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
At least when IS broke up they were nice enough to ship a few kronos out from the RMTing of the guild bank! I think I have about 4-8 friends that havn't played since original classic era that will be coming back to try this out, so I'll probably stay casual till I get the itch to get some loots.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Top guilds always get a lot of shit, but normally they are the most organized and well run. Otherwise they just explode into drama.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So does TLP have a reavamped tradeskill system? Are tinkering items like the invisibility lantern thing and the rebreather in?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So does TLP have a reavamped tradeskill system? Are tinkering items like the invisibility lantern thing and the rebreather in?

No idea about the lantern but rebreathers were def in, that's how we did the phinny raid with our box mage armies.