Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If anyone has, and it's significant, I doubt they're posting it until after their group has taken advantage of it. :)

It's sounding like Unrest, Mistmoore, Hole, Lower Guk nerfed while Blackburrow, Splitpaw, Cazic Thule, Sol A buffed.

Information is sparse.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Haven’t played EQ since i sold my account in 2002. I played a paladin and a twink necro. I’ve wanted to get into one of these TLPs for a while, and this one is starting at the perfect time for me. I just got my appendix removed and will be out of work for a week. So I’m getting in on this.

I never played a bard or enchanter, but I’m leaning toward one of those classes because of how much I loved grouping with those guys. Of course what I’ve read here talks about the difference between a good bard or chanter and a bad one. I’m hesitant but I think that’s what I’m going to do.

My characters were all Faydwer chars, so I’m going to start somewhere else. Never really did high hold or runny eye other than in passing.

I guess, are there tips or guides somewhere for playing these classes? Or something for leveling routes? I pretty much always did orc camps, crushbone, chess board, unrest, then miatmoore. Travelled over to befallen and then cazic Thule and the Guks later.

Really looking forward to this.

Err last question, I see lots of talk of Krono, and I assume that’s game time. Do I buy Krono or do I sign up for monthly sub?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Err last question, I see lots of talk of Krono, and I assume that’s game time. Do I buy Krono or do I sign up for monthly sub?

Krono is like a game currency, you buy it from Daybreak, and you can sell it to peeps for PP, or vice versa. And yes you can buy game time, each is worth a month.

EverQuest - Krono

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They are also account bound. Their existence has an immediate effect on a fresh server as people are going in with a bunch of them already.

Their secondary market value ranges fluctuates from like 8 to 13 dollars. I've never gotten burned buying them as a means of saving a couple bucks on a sub but it's kinda sketchy. I wouldn't really recommend it.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Haven’t played EQ since i sold my account in 2002.

You're going to be relearning the entire game again. It's going to be a lot of work. You may have a slight advantage in that you at least know some zones.
Play what keeps you interested and try to have fun doing it, as long as possible. Take this opportunity to "come back" as a chance to login and have fun, when you want, at your own pace. Best I got

Edit...to answer your main question.....if you can afford it, just buy a FEW krono from in game. That will more than fund you towards major success, without the chance of being banned. I'm very cautious of buying krono/accounts from people as it "usually" results in a ban. It's not worth it to get banned if you're just trying to come back and enjoy a little time in game.

If your entire income results around buying selling Kronos/plat/accounts, and you're smart enough to beat all the account flags, sure.....go all in

Lastly, just take in the game again and enjoy it at your own pace. Unless you have your own group of "shitlord" EQ friends, don't waste life trying to beat X or Y. Just Enjoy the game

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Haven’t played EQ since i sold my account in 2002. I played a paladin and a twink necro. I’ve wanted to get into one of these TLPs for a while, and this one is starting at the perfect time for me. I just got my appendix removed and will be out of work for a week. So I’m getting in on this.

I never played a bard or enchanter, but I’m leaning toward one of those classes because of how much I loved grouping with those guys. Of course what I’ve read here talks about the difference between a good bard or chanter and a bad one. I’m hesitant but I think that’s what I’m going to do.

My characters were all Faydwer chars, so I’m going to start somewhere else. Never really did high hold or runny eye other than in passing.

I guess, are there tips or guides somewhere for playing these classes? Or something for leveling routes? I pretty much always did orc camps, crushbone, chess board, unrest, then miatmoore. Travelled over to befallen and then cazic Thule and the Guks later.

Really looking forward to this.

Honestly people make it sound more complicated than it is.

Bard: Use melody (/melody 1 2 3 4 will play the first four song gems, /melody 1 5 6 7 will play slots 1, 5, 6, and 7) and be willing to use lull/mez/charm to pull/cc for groups. As a bard you're going to be pulling 90% of the time in groups, and when you aren't pulling you're probably going to be main mezzing. Your going to be pushing a lot of buttons, but its probably the strongest class in the game. The songs you need to keep up in groups will vary, but generally haste/regen/selos/dmg shield is a good setup. regen slot will vary depending on your level (hp, mana, or cantata later). Use instruments, especially since this server will have bandoleer active (i think)

Enchanter: Get comfortable using charm early. Get the level 16 AE mez (research only) and learn its range and how to use it properly. Obviously most of your time will be spent mezzing adds. Make sure you are comfortable charming, no one wants to group with an Enchanter that is too lazy to charm.

I'm no expert on either class but the above is really all you need to get started.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Positive changes to the TLP's from what I am reading. Removal of out of era potions, Runneye loot being removed, idols removed, and the healing potion changes coming are really good steps in making this more like original EQ. The power creep on these servers is silly enough as it is from spells and melee, let alone focii that didn't exist in classic and early expacs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am hoping more enchanters and worthless nuking druids get a WDC over mages/wiz/SKs this time around.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Anyone have a guide for necros? Can't find a decent one that gives must get splells, particularly at low levels

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am hoping more enchanters and worthless nuking druids get a WDC over mages/wiz/SKs this time around.

GL out there this weekend homie, keep things spicy for me ! You can prob just buy a WDC from Mabbus guild for cash after the first week, why even torture yourself raiding with plebs.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Positive changes to the TLP's from what I am reading. Removal of out of era potions, Runneye loot being removed, idols removed, and the healing potion changes coming are really good steps in making this more like original EQ. The power creep on these servers is silly enough as it is from spells and melee, let alone focii that didn't exist in classic and early expacs.

Oh wow, missed they axed the idols - finally... I'd completely forgotten about them, about damn time.

Focii is a weird conundrum now though, I'd love to see them gone aesthetically - but not sure the balance would be there now with MotM etc if they did manage something to turn off focii until Luclin/late Velious. (Since it technically was a pre-Luclin, but close to Luclin addition the timing would be weird)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Every server gets a bit better, closer to classic. Maybe for the 20th anniversary server they'll add old Freeport.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every server gets a bit better, closer to classic. Maybe for the 20th anniversary server they'll add old Freeport.

At least aesthetically I'd agree and with MOTMish stuff they're at least TRYING to emulate raid difficulty.

Would be more interesting and classic if they ever figured out a means to roll back the core formula changes over the years though.