Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

lost

<Bronze Donator>
He's a random EQ streamer who put out how to videos of playing a top of the line Enchanter. He would hilariously always die or say the kind of nonsense you can hear in those videos on demand. Basically he is the TLP's version of Searyx with a touch more of the downs. I don't know how the training started but our guildleaders and another servers guildleaders made level 1 clerics named after pop stars they would train people who RMT'd or in this case Dandin. Dandin would always freak TF out like he does in that clip going on about paging lead GM Holly Windstalker.

The best though was his woman joined our guild with either his or someones bastard child. She was a thicc'un like your typical EQ behemoth of a woman and yet still managed to cuck like 3 dudes in our guild. They all bought her multiple 40 slot bags and paid her bills and her kids.

100% normal in EQ

not sure if these are the same people (mathias) but this came to mind
tenor.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Salshun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to play a Druid again because I loved the independence of the class, but I remember getting a group wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Would I be looking at more of the same this time? I like healing in a group, and wouldn't mind trying a Cleric, but I wouldn't want to be dependent on a group. Are Druid a good secondary healer, or am I going to constantly get "Eh, we'll wait for a Cleric."?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I want to play a Druid again because I loved the independence of the class, but I remember getting a group wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Would I be looking at more of the same this time? I like healing in a group, and wouldn't mind trying a Cleric, but I wouldn't want to be dependent on a group. Are Druid a good secondary healer, or am I going to constantly get "Eh, we'll wait for a Cleric."?

For group healing Druids are fine. They get Superior Healing at level 44 these days. The days of spamming Greater Healing until level 52 are over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
From what I've seen there are for sure some people that won't invite a druid. Generally speaking though you are totally capable healer and for most groups it won't matter. There is some stigma however

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
What time do these servers usually come up? Is it Midnight EST, PST, or later in the day? I'm pretty pumped.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone have a guide for necros? Can't find a decent one that gives must get splells, particularly at low levels

I was thinking about this a bit more and while the class isn't especially difficult on a TLP there's a couple small things that can really hinder your enjoyment.

The first thing is your defense skill. It's really easy for all the casters to let this atrophy if you are leveling primarily in groups which is likely as grouping is the best way to level. Store bought cloth armor is a couple gold per item. Fill out all the slots as quickly as you can. If you're about to ding level six and your defense isn't capped stop what you are doing and go AFK with a Fire Beetle attacking you until it is. Go out of you way to take some hits as you level. The higher level you get the slower you are going to skill up and you only have a chance at a skill up on a miss. Casters with single digit defense scores and empty armor slots just randomly explode as you get into the 30s and beyond and especially so if you're using Charm. You're going to see zero armor slot 7 defense skill Enchanters get goddamn executed.

Another thing to be mindful of is your spell skills. You get Feign Death at level 16 and it uses Abjuration. If you didn't make a point to skill it up you'll just fizzle a bunch of times trying to cast FD and die. When there's not much going on cast Minor Shielding a couple of times. Get a couple of skill points per level and you'll be good to go. The same is true of Evocation. The only spells in that school you'll cast are the line of undead nukes. It's really easy to show up in Lower Guk in the 30s with zero skill and just be unable to take advantage of highest level super efficient undead nuke.

Lastly a bunch of spells are research only. It can be a pain, especially early on, actually getting them. Sometimes you just gotta power through a couple levels with a crappy pet. For example you can buy the level 39 pet in Lesser Faydark but the level 33 pet is research only. Depending on how fast you level in relation to the bulk of the server you may just have to suck it up and use the 29 pet the whole goddamn time. The same is true for the Lich line of spells (the health to mana conversions) and the pet haste buffs. Until the market takes shape it's just the way it is.

I personally despise spending money but the 40 slot bag really is great. It costs 35 bucks and like I said I hate spending money and especially hate spending money on that kind of shit but it's worth it. You can trade it around to your other characters as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Lmao is Dandin coming to coirnav to save eq?

@Korrupt so story time I have reeses email from our static group and she legit emailed me back we tried to get her to come static with us on agnarr resilient was freaking out lmao

We spent quite a few hours with that lady on kunark launch shared some good laughs and got some good stories, especially the one night when she got drunk and we got her to do some karaoke for us

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Valorath Valorath you donated $25 to Big D bro lol

Say what? I have never donated to a streamer. Someone must have the same character name as I do.

I made it popular back in 1999 on Cazic-Thule I guess. People saw how bad ass I was and stole my name.

Feel the wrath, Valorath!

Edit: lol it’s Valoroth. Saw that name back on CT I believe, or it might have been Kil’Jaeden in WoW. Volorath, Valoroth, Volrath. Lots of different variants that I’ve see out there.

Edit 2: While I’m posting anyway, I wanted to ask about putting points into stats. Is that still a thing? My buddy said he didn’t remember that, but I could have sworn I put 5 points into stats each time I leveled back in vanilla.