Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like I might give this a shot. Don't know what to play. Maybe another necro since ill be starting with nothing.

I was thinking that? But I started to reason with myself that with the server moving forward every 3 months and me not being able to neck beard - will a Necro or Mage really make that much of a difference? So I think Ill just stick to a Bard. Something easy to group with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Link a post where I say doing something with small numbers makes you a shitter. I sware you crazies we hurt on Phinigel follow me around everywhere stalking me.

Ill explain though, guilds like yours are shitters because they try to be something they arent. You tried to be some top guild in open world, bringing raids to key camps, and constantly training raids which isnt the same as staying in a instance quietly with friends.

That really poor history of failed attempts at being a big guild are probably why AoS just had to absorb and take in your guild on Phinigel, your guild died bro FYI

First - wasn't my guild, was the #1 guild from Vazaelle back in the day up through PoP which my guild at the time was #2 to, but I got along with a good number of them.
Second - I'd wager in my hardcore days I was in more top guilds than you if we want to talk about pre-TLP times (#1 on two servers, Top 3 on another two) - I've been in EQ retirement home mentality since the TLPs though.
Third - You can't even seem to hack it once content actually gets challenging with GoD/OoW/etc actually enacting challenging mechanics versus AFK-faceroll while a handful of healers need to worry about anything of importance. Show me you're not a "shitter" on content that actually requires more than a pulse to be part of and we'll talk.
Fourth - Already know, part of why I went a different direction when I returned to Phinny. [And mind you, only 2 people I care about even stuck with WT and even they sound like they're looking for a better fit...]

Also, the only time I saw training involving raids was shortly before I said screw it - and it was AoS training us, not the other way around. I had 100% raid attendance, so while I can't quote non-raid - I can't have much sympathy if some of your raids got trained in return when you literally cast the first stone in such regards.

• 3Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was thinking that? But I started to reason with myself that with the server moving forward every 3 months and me not being able to neck beard - will a Necro or Mage really make that much of a difference? So I think Ill just stick to a Bard. Something easy to group with.

Necro dude, they can charm here and solo to 50 it your going that route. It’s also a plus being one of the classess that solos their planar armor like SKs or Enc’s.

I don’t even think there’s a neck beard guild on the server but who knows?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Necro dude, they can charm here and solo to 50 it your going that route. It’s also a plus being one of the classess that solos their planar armor like SKs or Enc’s.

I don’t even think there’s a neck beard guild on the server but who knows?
How do I do this...

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I logged off because of the amount of people earlier, but good god.. I wish I would have known about /pick sooner.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do I do this...

As a Necro or? leveling or soloing planar armor? Would be glad to write out the detail. I just recently learned the Necro way my first time and it was pretty fucking awesome to be able to do full planar alone.

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
As a Necro or? leveling or soloing planar armor? Would be glad to write out the detail. I just recently learned the Necro way my first time and it was pretty fucking awesome to be able to do full planar alone.
As a necro. Even soloing to 50 lol

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm

They're a really fun class if you don't ever want to worry and don't care about keeping up with the status quo in Luclin/PoP-TSS or so. Then they should be good again. Sucks that Crypt Spec got nerfed, there was loads of fun to be had in Kunark.

Grats to you guys on the 50s. Your raid plans sound heavenly..

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're a really fun class if you don't ever want to worry and don't care about keeping up with the status quo in Luclin/PoP-TSS or so. Then they should be good again. Sucks that Crypt Spec got nerfed, there was loads of fun to be had in Kunark.

Grats to you guys on the 50s. Your raid plans sound heavenly..

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy ^^^ This is one of our Necro masters who is a monster with the class, he might be able to add more but TLDR you get charm, lull, and mezz here. The main thing that's changed is Necro pets are wet paper now tanking but they are our most effecient dots while agro kiting. You get charm pretty early and then its cruise control up to your late 40s in the Guk's. Also the necro dots were boosted by the shaman DoT revamp meaning it stacks versions of the spells together so you dont have to cast 2 poisons now.

M Mwapo hello?????mwapo???? are you coming child

Tarmie

Golden Squire
Every server I tell myself I will not start smithing. Every server I see those Rusty Broadswords on a vendor and think, "well, maybe just a little, you know... get some banded to help level" now I'm only level 15 and have four smiths breaking down rustys and selling sets of plate while my paladin is standing around in cloth.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy ^^^ This is one of our Necro masters who is a monster with the class, he might be able to add more but TLDR you get charm, lull, and mezz here. The main thing that's changed is Necro pets are wet paper now tanking but they are our most effecient dots while agro kiting. You get charm pretty early and then its cruise control up to your late 40s in the Guk's. Also the necro dots were boosted by the shaman DoT revamp meaning it stacks versions of the spells together so you dont have to cast 2 poisons now.

M Mwapo hello?????mwapo???? are you coming child
Any suggestions for solo camps to charn level at? 23 atm.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just shy of level 10 after 5 hours and 39 minutes /played. been leading PUGs since my first kill at level 1. EXP really isn't so bad as long as you're willing to put in the effort to make good full groups.

Madriax in game, paladino

/autojoin FOH

• 1Barf

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Necro's are just too much damn fun, and absolutely destroy basically every single parse in kunark by a wide margin. Everytime I play one of these servers I try to talk myself into playing something else but end up maxing it out then switching back to necro main in time for Kunark.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i wanted to play necro, but i want an iksar.... and i'm too cheap to level a different race now and buy a race change potion later

• 1Solidarity

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya plus with the store clarity pots can help starting out on necro too

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Isnt necro all about those pets leveling up? I played one for a short time on live and I remeber those pets fucking destroying like lv1-30ish Plus they have their own charm too dont they?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That was the case during the RF/LJ era and before but on current TLPs Necro pets are very poor tanks aside from the 48 pet and the 59.