Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
pickup groups during peak hours -- great

pickup groups during off hours -- awful

guy playing a cleric and his dad playing a warrior / shaman two box. dad didn't type a word, barely paid attention to what i was typing, pretty sure he didn't even have a second chat window started. he definitely didn't know what an assist hotkey was. didn't see his shaman box sit and meditate once. tried adding a wizard to the group for more DPS, wizard trains us instead letting us know he needed us to clear. wiped. then two higher level monks, one 18, one 30, show up and start KSing stuff we're fighting, even lower level stuff that didn't drop the Skins they must have been trying to get for their headband quests.

wasted 45 minutes of an EXP potion because the first 10 minutes of the group seemed like it was actually going to go well.

i know i should expect shit like this but it still gets to me. like said higher up on this page, i can handle noobs if they're teachable, but fuck bads! ugh.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, what did the email say? Must have been woebot I see him online. they banned ur first group too?

or wait is it only suspensions that give emails.. been awhile since i got a ban lol. were u using a VM? U saw that true box thread where the guy outlined how to make vmware work. wonder if they are cracking down on vmware.

did you use same ip from your last set of banned accnts

I've never had a set of accounts banned on EQ before this. The only account that I've ever had banned on EQ was my original 1999 accnt the day that I came back to EQ. I did receive an email and it said "Cheating". I was running 6 individual pc's with no type of 3rd party automation software. So I'm unsure as to why they think I'm doing something fishy.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah unless you have more to lose then dont appeal the ban =p im sure youll deal with remdag and he likes to go down the rabbit hole

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah unless you have more to lose then dont appeal the ban =p im sure youll deal with remdag and he likes to go down the rabbit hole

Talked to some friends, they all had their box crews banned as well in the last couple hours. Only thing consistent is that we were all in Lguk. I think some GM was just on a rampage running around there looking for box crews.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yep here comes the kneejerk remdag bans, maybe you guys got banned for VM detection or casting at the same time, some stupid shit that they havent cared about until now. no one i know got hit yet.

when they did bans on agnarr it was always on thursdays then you wouldnt get a reply until monday. i got banned on my first two groups cause my friend i bought krono from got banned and they traced it to me, so maybe theyre focusing on krono movement again.

Last edited:

rad

Lord of Guk
yep here comes the kneejerk remdag bans

thZ5XPQ.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Remdag does like him some bannings. I couldn't muster the desire to fire up on another server, someone let me afk leech for 50 levels!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
It would be incredibly depressing to slug through shit exp grind on coirnav to get banned and lose your chars on other servers too.

I love cabdru to death, but his trio necro setup is casting dots/nukes in unison, all while seeing on stream that he is only watching one screen. I fear for his luck to run out soon

• 1Worf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean they never cared before, we dont know why ata was banned but can just speculate they're kneejerking like agnarr then they calm down half way thru classic

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I mean they never cared before, we dont know why ata was banned but can just speculate they're kneejerking like agnarr then they calm down half way thru classic

If by calm down, you mean completely abandon...

Then likely.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Might throw a guild flag up for forum casuals and alts ... central timezone ... pm me here if interested.

edit: <Rue Morgue>

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
pickup groups during peak hours -- great

pickup groups during off hours -- awful

guy playing a cleric and his dad playing a warrior / shaman two box. dad didn't type a word, barely paid attention to what i was typing, pretty sure he didn't even have a second chat window started. he definitely didn't know what an assist hotkey was. didn't see his shaman box sit and meditate once. tried adding a wizard to the group for more DPS, wizard trains us instead letting us know he needed us to clear. wiped. then two higher level monks, one 18, one 30, show up and start KSing stuff we're fighting, even lower level stuff that didn't drop the Skins they must have been trying to get for their headband quests.

wasted 45 minutes of an EXP potion because the first 10 minutes of the group seemed like it was actually going to go well.

i know i should expect shit like this but it still gets to me. like said higher up on this page, i can handle noobs if they're teachable, but fuck bads! ugh.

came back hours later, right as i started recruiting people in BB for a PUG another /pick opened, so i figured things were going to start working out. started working towards spike pit, no one claiming it in OOC, but half way there those same bads (the father / son duo) /picked over with a full group and claimed it before we got there. asked them why they /picked over, and its because those same monks were still there KSing them. got a tell from that wizard from earlier begging me to take him so he could get away from them. right after he asks, they wipe, so we could have taken spike pit, but by this point i'm so fed up with BB i decide to take my group out to WK to kill bandits.

and then finally saw the EXP rates everyone is talking about. i had been in Blackburrow since level 3, and BB must have gotten a huge ZEM boost after all. EXP in WK was easily 1/2 the speed. Bandit Sashes were great for platinum, tho, made 40 plat off of turning them in, two hours worth or so.

things were going well there otherwise, tho. this weird dude Cupie even showed up:

EQ000001.jpg

he was pretty casual for a twink, tho, only stuck around for 15 minutes before he logged off.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Might throw a guild flag up for forum casuals and alts ... central timezone ... pm me here if interested.

yeah man, we should do it at least while we're all still levelling. no hard feelings if we split up into whatever raid guilds once we're done, if we don't have the critical mass to do instanced raids.