Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
wonder if this will launch with mage fire pets as they currently are on agnarr, with them nuking for 400 at level 4

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Leveling up Necromancers just aren't awesome in that kind of configuration. Two or three of those should just be Magicians. Last time around the group I was in had Druid/Enchanter/SK with three Necros and even making one of those a Magician would have cut a ton of time off leveling. The pets really can't tank until leveling is over.

I fully understand. On agnarr my first box crew was ench/cleric + 4 mages. While the leveling was super fast, and i hit 50 about a day and half or so after Zaide's group, it's just not ideal for farming what I want to farm. You can be easily trained out of the camps, especially efreeti. That box crew is also not ideal for going against raids, and guilds will bring raids. So after the first week of Agnarr, I had to spend an entire week leveling up a new box crew. The way the math works out for efreeti's HP and the named giants, you need precisely 4 necros, 1 wizard, 1 bard, to ensure you get the kill when vs anything from 1 to 4 groups. (changes depending on how many necros/sk's are in those groups). That setup means it only takes slightly over 3 seconds for you to secure efreeti or named giants. I also don't think Efreeti is the biggest money maker in the first 2 weeks of the launch, there are better ones. So I don't mind the slower leveling, while starting at lvl 30 I can level up while farming things that in the first week or two are more lucrative than efreeti. Efreeti doesn't become the most lucrative camp until after the first 2 weeks.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cit said the same thing about Agnarr.

Honestly though I need to see a lot more pals interested before I commit. I typically need a long cooldown period between TLPs.

Question do you ever just one box relaxed just anon it up with some noobs in blackburtow for some nostalgia? That is what I did on Agnarr and it was great.

Minus the trains.

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I always do that. Maybe do a little bit of planey stuff and then when kunark hits remember that I don't like it and leave.

Maybe I'm the target for these relaunches. I like classic and the first few days of being broke and tons of people leveling up.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have done every generation of TLP and always just do Classic/Kunark then burn out, Agnarr is the first time I've made it to Velious and then Luclin. I just don't have any interest in ever doing Classic/Kunark at a serious level again. I have kinda wanted to do the later expansions, so maybe I could casually keep a char leveled up on Coirnav until it's past all the early expansions I don't want to revisit for the 5th time.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ll be a batchelor for the better part of the first two weeks including the starting weekend, tempting except for the crappy xp. But yeah, I’ll likely burnout in Kunark.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I fully understand. On agnarr my first box crew was ench/cleric + 4 mages. While the leveling was super fast, and i hit 50 about a day and half or so after Zaide's group, it's just not ideal for farming what I want to farm. You can be easily trained out of the camps, especially efreeti. That box crew is also not ideal for going against raids, and guilds will bring raids. So after the first week of Agnarr, I had to spend an entire week leveling up a new box crew. The way the math works out for efreeti's HP and the named giants, you need precisely 4 necros, 1 wizard, 1 bard, to ensure you get the kill when vs anything from 1 to 4 groups. (changes depending on how many necros/sk's are in those groups). That setup means it only takes slightly over 3 seconds for you to secure efreeti or named giants. I also don't think Efreeti is the biggest money maker in the first 2 weeks of the launch, there are better ones. So I don't mind the slower leveling, while starting at lvl 30 I can level up while farming things that in the first week or two are more lucrative than efreeti. Efreeti doesn't become the most lucrative camp until after the first 2 weeks.

I don't understand the draw of paying 180$ ish dollars a month just to out compete specific camps in an 18 year old game.

Also, and this is just me being curious and nothing else, how does one pull off 6 or 12 boxing when they make the server a truebox one, where only one EQ client can be run on one computer? I sometimes 2 box on Agnarr, but one is a pet class, or it would annoy me too much =)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand the draw of paying 180$ ish dollars a month just to out compete specific camps in an 18 year old game.

Also, and this is just me being curious and nothing else, how does one pull off 6 or 12 boxing when they make the server a truebox one, where only one EQ client can be run on one computer? I sometimes 2 box on Agnarr, but one is a pet class, or it would annoy me too much =)

I'm not sure if it was him or someone else, but there's folks that basically have arrays set up looking like a panel of monitors out of Wargames (or insert other movie) with a couple tiers of tabletops for KB/M.

But yea, as a fellow "2-boxer that finds it annoying" - I can't imagine going past 3 legitimately, even with a setup like that, seems more work than fun.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

They don't pay cash, they use the krono they make. Multiple pcs, with input director or synergy or a whole lot of numpads

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I did 5 necros/1 shaman it was fun but once kunark launched I havent touched them, I've got a full group of 60s unsubscribed since kunark (thanks dbg for cracking down on account sales) and i made 4 mage/ench/clr its just better for me. My necros were good for efreeti but I didnt like them on FG's, my enchanter group was better for that. But I guess if I have assholes dps racing me with EB's when I'm the first to engage so I tank then Ill have to make some necros too.

Ill probably 12 box again as well. That fire mage pet is pretty lulzy if it's in I'm rolling mages for sure

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider

I've never actually paid for a sub since the first month I came to EQ on phinny. I've always used krono.

Boxing is all about how you set it up and the classes you run. Two boxing or 3 boxing can be more annoying than 6 or 12 boxing if you have a bad setup. I originally only 3 box'd and my setup at the time was terrible and annoying. I have 6 PC's, with a 6 monitor mount. I already had a lot of experience having to control dozens of pc's and monitors at the same time from working at a missile defense training base for a long time where my workstation alone had 42 monitors on a large U shape desk (18 in front, 18 behind, 6 to the side) and three 90inch mounted TV displays. You'd often have to control this entire workstation solo, at most you'd have 1 other person with you.

Basically how mine is set up is my main character is the bottom center monitor, with the 5 surrounding monitors as my boxes. They are all the same monitor size with very thin monitor frames so all of the screens touch as close as possible, making it look like just 1 giant monitor. I use a pay program, similar to synergy but 100x better, that allows you to control every PC from 1 mouse 1 keyboard instantly. All my boxes only have 2 in-game macro bars full of macros on their screen, everything else minimized. All of my macro's essentially play off my main character, as far as follow/assist/spell combo's etc, which is probably the most annoying part if anything ever happens to my main character or he isn't there, and is something I haven't quite figured out a better way around it. The reason I'm able to do everything so fast and make it appear as if I'm broadcasting by casting spells or doing actions on all 6 of my characters at the same time, is because how fast the program I use is. I basically just rotate my mouse in a counter-clock wise rotation around my monitors, basically like taking your cursor and making a really fast circle. For example when I want all boxes to /target atabishi /pause 3 /follow, I make a really fast circle while pressing the 1 button. For assist and send pets in, /assist atabishi /pause 3 /pet attack, fast circle while pressing 2. For spell combos it's the same thing. I just continuously make fast circles around my monitors while pressing 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc.

As far as if I really do decide to do 12, there is a way to do VM's that makes EQ think all of your VM's are individual mac computers. So even if a real GM comes to investigate you, it appears that all your boxes being ran on virtual machines are being played on individual iMac's. There's a button on the "synergy" program I use that will instantly switch all your pc's from it's main window, to the VM window. So you can easily switch between the two groups as if you are only 6 boxing.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya everything you post here gets read by lurkers and the juicy stuff posted on official forums for them to cry about btw

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
ya everything you post here gets read by lurkers and the juicy stuff posted on official forums for them to cry about btw

Oh I know they do. There is nothing against the rules on how I run my 6 box crew. I have even posted the program I use to run all 6 pc's on the DBG eq forums in the past, it's not against any rules. As far as the VM thing, the only way they can fix that is by not allowing anyone with a mac to play EQ, and I doubt they will do that.

• 1Barf

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think most people are aware of Multiplicity. I use it and I just run two characters at once. It's pretty amazing, except I operate off wifi and occasionally my mouse gets "lost" at really inopportune moments.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think most people are aware of Multiplicity. I use it and I just run two characters at once. It's pretty amazing, except I operate off wifi and occasionally my mouse gets "lost" at really inopportune moments.

you say that but I'm surprised how few people actually know about it. All my box pc's run off wifi and I get the occasional mouse bug as well, maybe once a month. Always seems to happen when im pulling or something is happening !

lost

<Bronze Donator>
it says only supports up to 9 computers. seems cool though, would probably need VMs then to get over 9