Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Fadaar

That guy
I just wanted to pop in and say fuck whoever named this server and fuck that faggot boss

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user
Would people playing Phinny now, play Coirnav? I can't see why they would.

Would people playing Agnarr now, play it? Why would you willingly go back to classic/kunark for 12 weeks?

So who actually ends up playing this for more than a month? People who missed phiny and agnarr launch? Some kr farmers?

I just don't get the logic here by DBG. This feels so lazy / stupid that it is actually confusing.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I imagine it's because the highest spending of Krono occurs during Classic > Velious, and drops off substantially after that. They're just chasing the money. Lot of people just love the leveling in EQ as well and just show up for that portion and fail to even step foot in raids.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Plot twist

Coirnav gets project M back.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Plot twist

Coirnav gets project M back.

Something like that would be some of the most hilarious shit ever. I didn't get to play anywhere near as much Project M as I wanted. It really is too bad they abandoned it so quickly and never revisited it. It had legs.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My life was complete when I got a kill as a fire beetle. It's all been coasting downhill since then.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got it.

Make the exp rate 3x higher than live, then also make all bosses twice as hard so its literally like 150 dudes taking on AoW on velious launch, hellll yeah

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope, probably done with EQ myself. Unless there is something starts in PoR and beyond, as that's all I have ever done up too. I don't think I could ever force myself to do the first 3 expansions again.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Classic: Pure EQ nostalgia. Lguk etc. Good once.
Kunark: Dragons. Okay. Good once.
Velious: Cool Loots! Decent. Could do it twice maybe.
Luclin: Awesome! I can do AA's and specialize! VT loot is insane and fun! Can do it multiple times.
PoP: See Luclin
Beyond PoP: Not real Everquest.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
No one will play on this server if it goes past LDoN. That's the draw of Agnarr. The TLP die-hards/Krono farmers will be on Coirnav and good riddance to them.

And after Daybreak inevitably dies due to their cash cow drying up (H1Z1 got absolutely fucked by PUBG) everyone will flee to TAKProject / P99.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
Classic: Pure EQ nostalgia. Lguk etc. Good once.
Kunark: Dragons. Okay. Good once.
Velious: Cool Loots! Decent. Could do it twice maybe.
Luclin: Awesome! I can do AA's and specialize! VT loot is insane and fun! Can do it multiple times.
PoP: See Luclin
Beyond PoP: Not real Everquest.
I'd argue DoN and OoW are both excellent expansions, as is DoDH. With OoW you have to ignore the space aliens though.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No one will play on this server if it goes past LDoN. That's the draw of Agnarr. The TLP die-hards/Krono farmers will be on Coirnav and good riddance to them.

And after Daybreak inevitably dies due to their cash cow drying up (H1Z1 got absolutely fucked by PUBG) everyone will flee to TAKProject / P99.

What's our timeline with Agnarr and other MMO's? End of April is PoP? Let's say people make hang around for a couple of months before it begins declining. That is going to put you June to early July? Those are low play months anyway with vacations and such. What's happening after that? Pantheon is what...? End of 2019 at best? WoW: BoA is Sept. 21st? I will probably always pop in and out of Agnarr but in terms of what is really out there, it sounds to me we better just really enjoy Agnarr. I don't think there will even be another server that captures the population quite like it has for the time being. I think PoP will be insane those first few weeks.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread is an exact copy of every TLP they have ever launched, I still think it will be successful, shit happens and people for one reason or another stopped playing on agnarr/phini and will give this a shot with the hopes of being able to play through.

A lot of people just like the fresh start experience, even if they have no intentions of playing past classic.

So I don't think it will flop right out of the gate but by the time the server sees a significant drop off another TLP will be on the horizon and the treadmill starts again.

I'm just thankful in these bleak times of MMOs that somebody is doing something, anything.

• 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Haven't people explained in earlier threads how easy it is for them to throw up a server these days? How low the costs are to maintain them? They provide minimal customer service in game anyways, so it's not like they need to engage additional employees. Why the fuck would they not poop these out like candy and reap whatever revenue for whatever amount of time?

We were talking about FV rules earlier and i don't understand how they haven't yet implemented a TLP with FV rules yet. That shit would be such a huge boon to their Krono selling revenue that it's not even funny.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Occam's razor...

As a business, they must have detailed information on what makes the most return on their money.

It most likely, based on these releases, comes from sales during fresh TLP starts as packaged.

Stop buying in to these fresh starts and maybe we will see a FV ruleset server and/or other creative rulesets

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Occam's razor...

As a business, they must have detailed information on what makes the most return on their money.

It most likely, based on these releases, comes from sales during fresh TLP starts as packaged.

Stop buying in to these fresh starts and maybe we will see a FV ruleset server and/or other creative rulesets

Occam's razor is more like "We like to do a special server each year with the anniversary - TLP seems to fit for this year (since Agnarr is more of an "event server" limited lifespan and all), and we're fucking lazy, so C&P Phinny"

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This thread is an exact copy of every TLP they have ever launched, I still think it will be successful, shit happens and people for one reason or another stopped playing on agnarr/phini and will give this a shot with the hopes of being able to play through.

A lot of people just like the fresh start experience, even if they have no intentions of playing past classic.

So I don't think it will flop right out of the gate but by the time the server sees a significant drop off another TLP will be on the horizon and the treadmill starts again.

I'm just thankful in these bleak times of MMOs that somebody is doing something, anything.

I recall the old TLP threads being full of hype, tons of people saying they'd play etc. This thread is mostly people saying no.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did that happen?

Why did it crash the server?

It was a tactic used by unscrupulous people to crash PoWater during the Corinav event to cockblock lower tier guilds from getting Time access. And I think you had to charm a PoWater mob to do it, when the pet proc'd the OT hammer it would crash the zone. Doing so would blow the open world Corinav event.

It's been patched, it crashed because the OT zone didn't have a model for the PoWater charm pet.

• 1Like