Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

m0ve

Trakanon Raider
Well, we're just taking a small piece of the cake, that's why i was surprised about the harsh reaction.
I mean KT and other mid-level stuff is nice, but not on a level with AoW or Vulak.
What's up with TFC? Aren't they contesting them?

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Itd be cool if RI actually got some competition. Literally everytime Ive been to a ToV raid or similar and theres another guild up there attempting to kill something or attempting to form up, they just gate out when we zone in. Krassus over here painting pictures of take no prisoners on the competition and then I start raiding and 1. - krassus doesnt actually even play EQ and B. - no one dares contest RI on anything so its no different than having another instance to run every wtfever amount of days. COOL

There hasn't been real competition in EQ in years. The best you can get is racing against the clock.

Fact is, people dont like getting griefed, especially when instances deliver uncontested loot.

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Itd be cool if RI actually got some competition. Literally everytime Ive been to a ToV raid or similar and theres another guild up there attempting to kill something or attempting to form up, they just gate out when we zone in. Krassus over here painting pictures of take no prisoners on the competition and then I start raiding and 1. - krassus doesnt actually even play EQ and B. - no one dares contest RI on anything so its no different than having another instance to run every wtfever amount of days. COOL

I really think that there just aren't enough players with that kind of free time to compete with the guilds that recruit all the no lifers for open world content. I don't know that it's been different for really any progression server ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well I assume most of those guilds leave when RI shows up because mabbu just trains guilds on raid targets and your warriors taunt VS off other guilds to wipe them, and nothing ever happens to RI, until recently. Plus it's been said that even fallen council is teaming up with RI to keep other guilds away from open world targets. But yeah I assume most guilds dont want to be trained in TOV.

And yeah most people rather just pile into one open world guild it seems. There is plenty of loot anyway when youre doing tov 3-4 times a week and same with pog.

So what it took from classic until half way through velious for a gm to do something about RI griefing competition.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

You're a few servers too late for competition, it was fun for a few servers when people raced like on live. We came to Coirnav to raid casually but without anyone to bully its not fun enough for me to raid. You're not going to find people like your old WoW guild NCA or people who are good at games here homie. Honestly the fact is TLP guilds are complete and utter jokes anyway and you will never see them in any real MMO or competitive landscape, this is for fun and nostalgia only.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Medium quality drama atm.
After losing some batphones to Reckless, Vicious seems to have melted down.
Word on the street is some ppl from RI got a vacation for training.
He has started a smear campaign, deletes posts on reddit/discord and bans ppl from there.
Not that it bothers much, but it made taking KT from them even more fun tonight.
Hes always deleted posts and such. Nothing really new there.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
just prove hes mabbu and that'll seal the deal. competition died when instances were put in the game. that was obvious on phinigel.

Sterling

El Presidente
You're a few servers too late for competition, it was fun for a few servers when people raced like on live. We came to Coirnav to raid casually but without anyone to bully its not fun enough for me to raid. You're not going to find people like your old WoW guild NCA or people who are good at games here homie. Honestly the fact is TLP guilds are complete and utter jokes anyway and you will never see them in any real MMO or competitive landscape, this is for fun and nostalgia only.
Catherding is 90 percent of early EQ success. A core of half decent players can carry people through the early expansions 100 percent. No hard enrage timers or mechanics that can wipe the raid until you're awhile into the expansions so it takes a decent amount for 1 person to hose a raid. Killing Vulak isn't exactly like pushing Mythic raids in WoW.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
kronos bugged since patch, cant pick em up. no posts yet on official forums

• 1Like

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
I remember some decent fun, griefing and 'competition' on Vulak, hehe. Jesus, that was six years ago, or was it seven? I dunno what feels worse, it being years ago or that I'm so fucking old now I can't actually remember how many years it was.

with that said.. Anyone have a swirling sphere of color for MQ?

Sterling

El Presidente
kronos bugged since patch, cant pick em up. no posts yet on official forums
Krono are doing some weird stuff. Can't consume them on some characters, other characters getting A LOT more than 30 days when consuming them.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
sounds to me like they bugged out you tried to consume at least twice and when it worked it took twice or however many times you clicked, had that happen to me lol. sometimes the kronos just go poof when u try to pick them up too much during a bug

Sterling

El Presidente
sounds to me like they bugged out you tried to consume at least twice and when it worked it took twice or however many times you clicked, had that happen to me lol. sometimes the kronos just go poof when u try to pick them up too much during a bug
Don't think so, I just clicked it once and went from 1 day to 120 on one of my characters and it was the only krono on the character.

• 1Like