Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would like to thank all the salty people shitting up the thread with their negativity :\

Stay on Agnarr or Phini, if that's your cup of tea but chill with pantheoning all over the new server.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would like to thank all the salty people shitting up the thread with their negativity :\

Stay on Agnarr or Phini, if that's your cup of tea but chill with pantheoning all over the new server.

It’s called denial bro. They know they cannot resist.

giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tevinter

Lord Nagafen Raider
gonna roll an SK/druid and take it somewhat casual with some friends and family. where the SK mafia at to teach me??

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
gonna roll an SK/druid and take it somewhat casual with some friends and family. where the SK mafia at to teach me??

@Korrupt generally has the good advice for would-be sks, and for him writing paragraphs about lifetap dps and shit is better than sex.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Nothing wrong with pantheoning the server duting the pre-launch stage. Once it's go live time and people are trying to form groups and shit by all means tell us haters to fuck off.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Test patch notes
- Vex Thal - Bosses will now tether in the Agent of Change instances.
- Vex Thal - Akhevan Warders will again banish people.

Druid - Reduced mana costs on most DoT spells to better reflect the damage they do.

Shaman - Lowered mana costs on most spells in the combined DoT lines. Fast DoTs are all more efficient than their parent spells.

The following NPCs are no longer flagged as rare:
- - Grandmaster R`tal, Mistress of Scorn, Lord of Ire, Lord of Loathing, Avatar of Abhorrence, High Priest M`kari, Coercer T`vala, Magi P`tasa, Ashenbone Broodmaster, Master of Spite, Muramite Commander, Ulga the Elfeater, Ogoruk the Charming, Nendor the Daunting, Zurul the Bonecruncher, Korizar the Neckbreaker, Death Fang Teraz, Alassh the Cannibal, Katazz the Twisted, Nentassh the Blade Queen, Iross the Sledge, The Steel Serpent, Akazz the Blood Goddess, a glade guardian controller, Thunderstone, a rotting warchest, a Malgrin Legion warchest, a Xillsfar Legion warchest, Kael Militia Captain, an Imperial Gravemaster, Wraith of a Di`Zok Hero, Vrex High Priest, Secrets of Faydwer faction vendors, thick boned skeleton, thick tailed skeleton, thick skulled skeleton, Barkley, Bloodmaw, a froglok hunter, a froglok forager, Nosja (the common version), and Daman (the common version)

** Progression Servers ***

- Fixed an issue where the game was not properly allowing /blockspell commands and would clear itself upon zoning.
- Progression Server Instances - Added instance for Theater of Blood. An agent of change can be found in Arcstone (once the Prophecy of Ro expansion is open). The Twisted Harmonic Chime will be needed to obtain and enter the zone.
- Some doors in Unrest will be locked on servers that have not yet unlocked Ruins of Kunark. You may need to find the key, or bring a rogue proficient with lock picks.
- - These keys will no longer drop on servers that have unlocked Ruins of Kunark.

- Many original EverQuest zones have had their experience modifier adjusted for balance reasons and/or to encourage variety in leveling.
- Bristlebane was here.

ill be curious to see the exp modifiers once patch goes in

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
So $6000 in 6 months grinding 10+ hours a day? Risking a ban here or there that may destroy the stock.
Let's also add in the deficit you will run in take out food, energy drinks, coffee, etc to stay awake and grind. Let's completely ignore the massive negative health benefits this accomplishment will set you back in the long haul of your entire life.

I mean break that down into minimum wage terms and let's see the numbers working 40 hours a week at minimum wage.

I know the majority of you are grown up now and probably pull decent numbers per hour by now??

So many people really underestimate how lucrative RMT'ing on games can be. EQ is just not the greatest example because it's only lucrative in small windows and despite popular EQ forum belief, it's not viable to AFK farm for long periods of time without getting banned like other games. On a TLP launch, if you are actually trying and are efficient, you can make about 10-15k in the first month, and about 7-8k each month for the rest of classic. It's perfectly viable to make around 5k a month each month after that all the way through luclin.

I've never RMT'd professionally as the only means of living, but I know a lot of people who have or still do. They do it across several games and make a very good living doing it. For example, I have a friend who runs an afk crafting/farming/market script on the final fantasy online game. He runs it 24 hours a day and barely has to touch it, and consistently pulls in about 4-8k a month for the last 2 years on there. He runs similar script programs across several other games. All in all he averages about 15-20k a month and the only actual work he has to do is the actual RMT'ing of the stuff which is minimal hours per day.

For a few years on LoL before they shut all the scripting companies down, I ran AFK script bots on there and sold botted lvl 30 accounts. I didn't have to do any work with it other than keep the computers on with the script running, and do an account info dump once a week to the site I sold them to that took only a few minutes. You could make 3-4k a month doing this which is pretty nice on top of my military pay.

Point is, there is a ridiculous amount of people who make six figures a year RMT'ing in games. There's dozens of examples of people who have made in the millions from RMT'ing.

If you only want to talk about EQ RMT though, I would estimate that if you did it year around, and assuming they launch 1 TLP a year, you could easily make 60k-70k a year which isn't terrible especially if you live in states where cost of living is super low.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yep most people wont talk about their RMTing cause it would bring attention to their niche spots etc. 60-70k is feasible, depends how much work you put in and how you spread out your farms. and yeah TLP launch first week I know people make 200-300 krono first week but the guys i know that do that play like all day every day the first week to get that leveling edge/first to farm

Ultimately I think RMT is a great addition to a real life job. You can pull in an extra 500-1000 a week with your off time ontop of a job its not bad spending cash.

And yeah if youre manually farming its different but having scripts to do it for you which leads to very little time spent each day managing it, why not.

If they hadnt been so bitchy about account sales I'd say make even more, I made a killing buying level 40 chars for cheap and leveling them in my farm groups and reselling at 60 for 3-5 times what I paid 2 weeks later ontop of my farming during phinigel.

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i think that is very hard to believe

one isn't competing with the chinese and other low wage participants, and they don't quite manage price levels that will generate anything near such an income

running scripts when competing with actual companies that have specific hardware setups and low energy costs seems very hard also

if your script generates more then a few $ every 24 hours, its probably more profitable to use cheap / free manual labor

• 1Picard

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
i think that is very hard to believe

one isn't competing with the chinese and other low wage participants, and they don't quite manage price levels that will generate anything near such an income

running scripts when competing with actual companies that have specific hardware setups and low energy costs seems very hard also

if your script generates more then a few $ every 24 hours, its probably more profitable to use cheap / free manual labor

what in my post is hard to believe? lol i could easily break it down for you if you want

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
yea i bet the future billionaires are dudes running an RMT tradeskill script on their laptop

let us know when u buy a veyron 3

the market in any mainstream game is cornered by the chinese, anything below that is hardly worth bothering, because there are some random nolife neckbeards leading guilds and doing far more business then you could dream off (example: p1999), and i'm not even involving staff being corrupt

stating you farm 7-8k / month during classic, thats based on what exceptional skill you have?

you don't have more disposable time then 2 chinamen, and you sure don't want to compete in a market where people with a 0.3$ / day wage are competing, so?

show us the paypal overview pls, 7-8 month during classic lets go

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Considering I made about 2k just farming BAMs in classic with one toon and no scripts. All while competing against one of the largest botters on the server, I would say Atabashi and Lost who run team's probably could put up those numbers.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Farm it up boys my baby cleric needs his Geb$ day 1.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
true that, i guess perspectives differ

i bought a lot of stuff over the years, the only thing i ever sold was to a member of this board :)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ah I see the asians all the time, they farm fungi staff, COS, and hiero cloaks. they're terrible players and they've never even tried to bully me. they lost hard at efreeti on agnarr classic too, they dont mind training you for 4-5 hours but thats why you have all necros.

but again they're terrible players, cant dps race worth a crap. i have seem them level some massive amount of characters though i wonder where they all went. like 20 at a time. sometimes youll see 12 of them at one king camp.

they are definitely doing work but quietly. nothing like the asians from lineage 2 days LOL man they were fun as fuck to mess with cause they'd bring in a big boy with a $500 bow to rape every "american" then he'd end up getting killed by a mob of americans and dropping it, then he'd come back again with same bow or better rofl. oh those days

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea i bet the future billionaires are dudes running an RMT tradeskill script on their laptop

let us know when u buy a veyron 3

the market in any mainstream game is cornered by the chinese, anything below that is hardly worth bothering, because there are some random nolife neckbeards leading guilds and doing far more business then you could dream off (example: p1999), and i'm not even involving staff being corrupt

stating you farm 7-8k / month during classic, thats based on what exceptional skill you have?

you don't have more disposable time then 2 chinamen, and you sure don't want to compete in a market where people with a 0.3$ / day wage are competing, so?

show us the paypal overview pls, 7-8 month during classic lets go

What year do you think this is? 2005? lol

The market in any mainstream game is cornered by the chinese? False. The companies with the largest sales in League of Legends were all US and Europe based companies, mainly ran by 1 or 2 people in their house. The companies with the largest sales in CS:GO again were American and European. Let's not forget 2 of the largest RMT companies during WoW's time, including one of the largest chinese gold farming companies were led by Americans. All of the most lucrative RMT market games now days have their markets separated to begin with by region, where it's not even viable to be paying people over in asia to do things on accounts in america.
Even when the largest RMT company for a game is led by people over in Asia, it doesn't mean you still can't make 6 figures in that game in America.

If you want to talk about EQ RMT, guild leaders are not doing more business than single player farmers lol. We can break it down by krono amount if you want to.
To make 60k in one year on EQ you would have to farm 6,000 krono in a year at $10 each. 25-30k of that you are making in classic on a TLP, which means in 3 months you would have to farm 2500-3000 krono. That equates to 33 krono a day. You are making 1500 krono in the first month of classic, which is 50 krono a day. There are several camps in the first month of classic, where you will average 50-80 krono a day. That means you only need to farm another 1500 krono in the remaining 2 months, which is only 25 krono a day. Which is again, extremely easy to do. That means for the remaining 9 months of the year, you only need to farm another 3000 krono, which is only 11 krono a day. 11 krono a day even towards the end of each expansion is pretty easy to do. At the beginning of kunark, velious, and luclin you can easily make 20-50 krono a day in the first few weeks, lowering to about 10 krono a day for the remaining time. Me saying you can make 60k in one year if you actually tried as an individual person is actually a low estimate, taking in to account that you would not play every day and take breaks for weeks at a time.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
true that, i guess perspectives differ

i bought a lot of stuff over the years, the only thing i ever sold was to a member of this board :)

Lol I remember I bought a SoD from @ham and cheese for my lvl 1 monk.

Still waiting on that god damn Snuggie...