Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Kiting specs, guess how it was? Fucking thing sucked. But god I love killing those nasty pieces of shit. Hur dur, how'd he get there? and don't worry about the XP, it claims everyone, even the almighty loses some xps from time to time. Giant anus, eternally satisfying. First fatty dead. He had 2 gold on him. TRUE EVERQUEST EXPERIENCE.
View attachment 164499

View attachment 164500

View attachment 164501

View attachment 164503

Was expecting your surname to be deck.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hurray for the druid that opened the basement door for me!
TipsyStuff.jpg

ShirtLore.jpg

None of that stuff works with old models. I think I'll turn on luclins briefly just to see what stuff looks like.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I use two laptops while playing, but my Shaman keeps getting ahead of my Druid, Anath. Picture is from the Froglok Scryer room in Upper Guk, where I xp'd the Druid for awhile.

UpperGukScryer.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
decided i'm going to go max old school / nostalgia and quest out all the Armor of Ro quests on my paladin. bound in Ak Anon today so i can hole up in Mistmoore and get all the Mistmoore Granite i need to start.

feeling pretty under the weather tho and expect that i won't be on much this week.

@Jysin i think you just went to hardcore too early bro

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I might be done here. The very slow xp grind is getting to me. Level 42 now and I can only take so much LGuk and Hole. I was begrudgingly logging in occasionally and grinding it away anyway, but today I used a race change potion to move my Origin bind over to Freeport. Apparently, there is a known bug that is deleting all spells in your spell book upon use. Instead of hotfixing it, they are waiting for this month's patch. You'd think they would remove the race change potion from the DB store, but no.

Their answer is:

So now I am supposed to waste hours of my time buying spells from all over the damn world. It's quite time consuming, even using shared bank and a level 1 mule plus the runs to Highkeep.

Thinking about it, I honestly just can't be bothered. Ideally, I want to run through xpacs that I have never seen before and the thought of the AA grind with this abysmal xp rate is enough for me to just call it quits now. Oh well, it was a fun / quick Classic nostalgia run.

As an aside, I think DBG would make an absolute killing making a reduced difficulty server. Lots of people just want to sight see and nostalgia trip. Make a server where all content can be handled with 2-3 groups. They would be tripping over their piles of money for people signing up for that. Not everyone wants to have raid schedules and rely on a few dozen+ people to see content these days.
27cbk8.jpg

• 1Worf

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
No idea how it went over my head, but MANY have asked about Whiskey Dick. Except...whiskey muscles is when you have a bit a the ole water of life and you GROW STRONGER. whiskey DICK is just awful and best not spoken of.

whiskey deck.png

• 1Worf

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I just had a somewhat lengthy conversation with Daybreak on boxing setups. They confirmed to me that you are NOT allowed to box on True-Box servers, period. You are only allowed to play 1 character at a time. I even copy and pasted the phinny announcement post by DBG that stated "If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old fashioned way. Phinigel is a TRUE box server, which means in order to multi-box you’ll need a set-up that looks something like this:" and they re-confirmed every character is required to have it's own person controlling it.

This makes no sense to me as even on their own site, it states that you can multi-box with multiple computers. Regardless, just thought I'd let you guys know and I guess I will be switching to only 1 character.

This makes sense why Roxyy on the official forums refused to correct herself and kept calling for people to petition boxers.

Last edited:

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Okay have fun with that.

Lol exactly my point. Was posting that because it makes absolutely no sense that they originally said you were allowed to box on these servers, and now with the launch of Coirnav they have completely changed to no boxing, without really even telling anyone. They are obviously not enforcing it. Seems more of a "if you are boxing and we don't like you, we now have reason to ban you" type thing.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I might be done here. The very slow xp grind is getting to me. Level 42 now and I can only take so much LGuk and Hole. I was begrudgingly logging in occasionally and grinding it away anyway, but today I used a race change potion to move my Origin bind over to Freeport. Apparently, there is a known bug that is deleting all spells in your spell book upon use. Instead of hotfixing it, they are waiting for this month's patch. You'd think they would remove the race change potion from the DB store, but no.

Their answer is:

So now I am supposed to waste hours of my time buying spells from all over the damn world. It's quite time consuming, even using shared bank and a level 1 mule plus the runs to Highkeep.

Thinking about it, I honestly just can't be bothered. Ideally, I want to run through xpacs that I have never seen before and the thought of the AA grind with this abysmal xp rate is enough for me to just call it quits now. Oh well, it was a fun / quick Classic nostalgia run.

As an aside, I think DBG would make an absolute killing making a reduced difficulty server. Lots of people just want to sight see and nostalgia trip. Make a server where all content can be handled with 2-3 groups. They would be tripping over their piles of money for people signing up for that. Not everyone wants to have raid schedules and rely on a few dozen+ people to see content these days.

Did you petition about this? I'm hearing GMs gave people 75-150k plat to "reimburse" for spells. Fucking idiots.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Did you petition about this? I'm hearing GMs gave people 75-150k plat to "reimburse" for spells. Fucking idiots.
This is likely an oversight as it's a known bug for Live. Buying new spells from 1-110 costs roughly that amount.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya but I've heard they're not going to revert that and some RI did it. I mean thats worth it.. 25 dollar race change for 75 kronos (150k/2k per krono)? YES PLEASE!

Vicious

<Banned>
Ya but I've heard they're not going to revert that and some RI did it. I mean thats worth it.. 25 dollar race change for 75 kronos (150k/2k per krono)? YES PLEASE!

I mean, where did you hear that? Because the first time I heard it the reckless guild leader came to me "asking for a friend" what he should do about the 150k he had mysteriously appear in his friends inventory. Then as we were talking he looked at his petition history and saw that a GM said basically "Sorry you lost your spells during your race change, here is some plat to replace them" boom 150k.

No idea what he did with it though. but our own guild mates in RI were reporting they requested 900pp and 2000pp in their petitions and they got it... those who didn't specify an amount it seemed like the sky was the limit up to 150k. But by the time we figured that out it was Monday and the top dogs were back in the office and shut it down/fixed the spell bug within 2 hours of the office opening. It had the potential to be a lot worse. But we know at least Emari in Reckless got 150k, I wonder how many peopel who petitioned over the weekend got handed 150k and never said anything. It 100% expalins the sharp rise in krono prices that weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean, where did you hear that? Because the first time I heard it the reckless guild leader came to me "asking for a friend" what he should do about the 150k he had mysteriously appear in his friends inventory. Then as we were talking he looked at his petition history and saw that a GM said basically "Sorry you lost your spells during your race change, here is some plat to replace them" boom 150k.

I told him to buy 150k worth of rubies and take the 30-40% loss to launder it lol.. No idea what he did with it though. but our own guild mates in RI were reporting they requested 900pp and 2000pp in their petitions and they got it... those who didn't specify an amount it seemed like the sky was the limit up to 150k. But by the time we figured that out it was Monday and the top dogs were back in the office and shut it down/fixed the spell bug within 2 hours of the office opening. It had the potential to be a lot worse. But we know at least Emari in Reckless got 150k, I wonder how many peopel who petitioned over the weekend got handed 150k and never said anything. It 100% expalins the sharp rise in krono prices that weekend.

I heard it through the RI and boxer grapevine which is basically anyone who knows anyone. I heard there was a post on the official forums but got deleted. This is very disappointing but go figure, the community manager cant even properly define true box rules.

And yeah we wondered why krono jumped so fast. Rubies good idea sure. How much are those parcel tokens?

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought true box meant you needed actual 2+ computers to box. Instead of running multiple instances from one box.I mean if they dont want you to box at all, why not just call it a no box server (not like they could even enforce something like this anyway)and be done with the stupid re-definitions? It just confirms that daybreak devs are retarded.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
true box is supposed to be one account per computer yes. but people are using VMs and multiple have posted how to make them work past the generic detection that they havent tried to update since. if they would do that i bet see lot less boxers. i have computers since i bought them for phinigel before we knew which VMs worked.