Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
So does this recent news on true boxing apply to Agnarr too? i.e. if you run two computers and two accounts you can get banned?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
So does this recent news on true boxing apply to Agnarr too? i.e. if you run two computers and two accounts you can get banned?

You can get banned for anything they want to ban you for. The "rules" have almost never applied on either side of the table. I'd almost guarantee though this new "rule" is only being enforced on specific people, not everyone.

Vanquish22

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nothing has changed with boxing. They are just reserving the right to ban annoying boxers like Lost / Atabishi. Haven't heard of anyone else getting banned such as Authority, or anyone who boxes a bunch of characters. The thing is, Lost as well as Atabishi both go straight to Solusek B and make huge asses out of themselves, getting reported on a daily basis most likely. You actually thought Sol B farming efreeti boots and giants was a lucrative farm? I guarantee you would make more money farming the hole, but you guys use 3rd party means of aiding your gameplay. Legit boxers who are actually good at the game and play nice, don't get reported, blatantly RMT in Solusek B etc don't get banned. Serves you right in my opinion, also Lost was just going to go straight back to Sebilis and farm that on a daily basis with his automated macros as soon as kunark hits. Have fun with that slow xp grind and leveling up the new crew Penny/Dime/Nickel etc. You're so obvious dude...

Also, Atabishi - You post on the forums with an account called "UnjustbannedAtabishi"

UnjustBannedAtabishi | EverQuest Forums

Lol.

Lost, maybe if you would play the game legitimately, actually playing your boxes, you know hitting the keys on all 6 keyboards etc, you wouldn't get targeted for illegal boxing. You illegally boxed on Agnarr as well. You'll get banned again here if you try coming back, but good luck!

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most guildleaders talk to devs and GMs often. Sometimes their RL friends are in our guilds.

Im pretty sure Dima knows one he had one of my accounts suspended within 2 minutes of something. Could be coincidence I was being watched on an alt too.

YHO

Trakanon Raider
If he’s bank and penny etc. he’s obvious sure but def not an ass in comparison to some of these box armies I’ve run into at efreeti, but maybe it’s just easier to be friendly to the sketchy necro bouncing between picks...Regardless DBG is terribly inconsistent across the board in how they handle things probably based around some spurious element we can’t account for dealing with their krono sales. Or they’re run by a bunch of amateur schmucks...maybe both.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I know it, its that hate which is why I specifically dont start fights or take camps or train people, I mind my own business. Now vanquish is a bit beyond that hate though, its okay vanquish is the proud president of the LFG, the lost fan group.

time to hit the gym!

Last edited:

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think basically what it boils down to is this:

Anyone who DBG has deemed a "problem boxer" is not allowed to box anymore on servers labeled True-Box servers. What the criteria of a "problem boxer" is, I'm not sure. There are definitely far more toxic 6-12-18 boxers than myself or Lost. I'm not sure of what kind of setup Lost uses, but I know for myself I use 6 computers, with 6 monitors. I do not use MQ, ISboxer, or any type of broadcast software. There are many other boxers who harass players far harder and more often than I ever have. I have not stepped foot in SolB, the Hole, or any kind of krono camp in Lguk on Coirnav (I had only farmed the live side for exp in the low 30's). I think they were just preemptively striking me because of their prior experience with me on Agnarr and Phinny.

Roxxy's last post on the matter basically said boxing is allowed as long as it's one account per pc. My petitions get answered saying otherwise, telling me that I am not allowed to box on Phinny or Coirnav. (apparently Agnarr is labeled as a PoP-Locked server, and although they mention True-Box in the FAQ, for some reason I'm allowed to box there).

These bans are not ban waves. I had 11 accounts on phinny, 10 on Agnarr, and 15 on Coirnav that went untouched despite all sharing my primary email address and IP.

It's evident that boxing is allowed on these servers, but they are enforcing a no-box rule for certain individuals.

tl;dr don't cause problems and you can box all you want =)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Why complain when any character gets banned when you are boxing, on a no boxing server? Just the risk you take.

facepalm, please review the rules of the server. I mean clearly I need to myself but I know enough that its not a no box server.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
why is that obviously true? I have three groups on agnarr that never got banned, well now two cause one of those i carried over to coirnav =p. i have another group on coirnav and its not banned. y'all on a witch hunt.

i mean, wait and see compadre, but seems like the writing is on the wall to me. maybe things will change in a month or three (lol that DBG policies change that quickly), but i'd be willing to place a wager that you're just going to get banned again.

not pitching forks or lighting torches here, i don't know you well enough to have decided whether or not i like you. just giving you my honest opinion based on the current trends that people are reporting in this thread.

conspiracy theory -- they watch this forum and specifically ban FoH boxers.

clearly it was wrong place wrong time and nothing to do with my identity as a whole, so heads up to anyone else.

^^ you said it yourself. wrong place wrong time. might change in the future, who knows which way the wind will be blowing come summer.

if they banned 5 of my 6 characters when all 6 were there, the 6th wasnt casting just had a charm pet, so the only logical thing is nuking at the same time

was your cleric nuking? i guess maybe heals can flag it too. but it sounds to me like this wasn't an automated thing at all, so i don't think it has anything to do with the simulcast thing. my guess is he left you a character (potentially at random) just so he didn't fuck you over completely.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i mean, wait and see compadre, but seems like the writing is on the wall to me. maybe things will change in a month or three (lol that DBG policies change that quickly), but i'd be willing to place a wager that you're just going to get banned again.

not pitching forks or lighting torches here, i don't know you well enough to have decided whether or not i like you. just giving you my honest opinion based on the current trends that people are reporting in this thread.

conspiracy theory -- they watch this thread and specifically ban FoH boxers.

^^ you said it yourself. wrong place wrong time. might change in the future, who knows which way the wind will be blowing come summer.

Thanks I appreciate your honest opinion. I think we played together on kegz server, or maybe sleeper, name is familiar. They do watch this thread.

Last edited: