Everquest Confessions

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I very first started playing about a month after EQ launched was with my cousin. We rolled dark elfs (I was a warrior he was a wizard) and every time we leveled we would buy brandy and get drunk on the newbie log. We did this until about level 16 or so which took us like a month back then.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
man, i never intentionally griefed any one person. i got fucked with a lot. got scammed a few times too. i wouldnt do that shit to anyone. my rep in this game was spotless. though my guild set out to destroy another guild. like we collaborated with other guilds to help us destroy this particular guild. we took all their mobs and kept every progression raid encounter on the server locked out from them.we tried to steal their good members too. we succeeded in all these things and we ended up looking like villains for a while, but we had a good reason for doing all this. they tried to do the same to us. so from that moment it was on! though we probably did take it way too far, because we could.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I remember rolling an Iksar and my gf at the time rolled one too to hang out with me. We were in Cabilis bank I was saying all this stupid shit to her in /g and emotes and then I got a message from the guild leader of my random invite guild asking if I was being inappropriate in the bank. We didn't realize 50% of the shit we were saying was public and someone narced.

• 2Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate elves in basically every fantasy setting but my longest-played eq character was a wood elf druid on tallon zek. I would whirling wind people off the platforms. I ended up making friends with people in the top guilds (they probably thought I was a funny autistic child more than a friend but whatever) and we would coordinate our pushes and could get people from the banker off the edge in a second. (Gfay was the trade hub on tz - no idea why morons still use ec, which has no god damn bank)

I think I'm the most critical of bad druids more than any other class because it was my first real one, and I think a lot of people are the same with regards to whatever was their first serious one.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
my original morrell Thule character was a female wood elf Druid. I made it a female to check it out whenever I wanted to but then ended up getting favors from people for being a wood elf hunny and I let it ride

it got a little out of hand because before I knew it I was picking up sugar daddies and even got married once or twice for the platinum rings and then dipped out within a week or two. I dont know what the fuck I was thinking but it sure was easier than having to farm shit or do ports. After a pretty short while I had to nope the fuck out on it cause it got weird quick.

I guess word never got out that much because I was so autistic at that age I pretty much just quadded spirocs alone. wood elf druids are the original thots -- change my mind

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Mine is WAYYYY too juicy for this thread and I realize how gay I am for just dangling that out there, but I encourage those of you with more balls to post yours this is a fun read.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I used to take my enchanter to SolB, invis, and illusion ogre at the zone line. Then my buddy would pull a fucking monster train on his monk, FD, and we'd watch in laughter as people couldn't zone out due to the invis ogre blocking the zoneline. I also remember telling my buddy (we were 14 at the time) to ninja loot a Sacrificial Blade when it dropped in MM one time. I told him I'd beat the shit out of him if he didn't. So, he snagged it and then I immediately pulled the plug on the modem.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Mine is WAYYYY too juicy for this thread and I realize how gay I am for just dangling that out there, but I encourage those of you with more balls to post yours this is a fun read.

That is literally the point of the thread. Nothing too juicy. It sounds like there is something you need to get off your chest? Confess!

confess.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I have a reverse confession where FoH trolled me and said they'd let me see ToV, but summoned me directly on top of Sontalak lmao. I mentioned in another thread about how I was exploring outward into Velious as early as possible. I had the most fun finding new zones and seeing that I was the first person in a zone. After finally getting across Siren's Grotto and binding myself in West Wastes on the other side (that'd be a mistake later due to an ice burrower getting stuck in tunnel). And desperately trying to explore Westwastes, I saw the FoH had made it into a zone called templeofveeshan. I begged to just see it, they said sure! And CoTH me ontop of Sontalak, only for me to respawn with an ice burrower in the cave lmao. Died about 15x. Although the bind spawns weren't their fault, and they did eventually res me and let me leave, although I didn't get to see ToV till a bit later. #2 guild and beyond were months behind FoH at the time.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
(Gfay was the trade hub on tz - no idea why morons still use ec, which has no god damn bank)

21 years later, here I am wondering this same exact thing. Each new TLE server still uses EC until the bazaar unlocks. Maybe because it's friendlier for evil chars, or more central? /boggle

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Because there's a parcel vendor that is neutral to everyone, also centralized location meaning more people can reach there by running from origin. Who actually needs to use a banker with 50 parcel slots, 40 slot bags, and coin not having weight?

My bank is exclusively for dumb quest shit that I'm never gonna actually use, armor ornaments from heritage crates im never gonna use, and old gear that for some reason I don't want to delete but don't feel like selling or giving away.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Because there's a parcel vendor that is neutral to everyone, also centralized location meaning more people can reach there by running from origin. Who actually needs to use a banker with 50 parcel slots, 40 slot bags, and coin not having weight?

My bank is exclusively for dumb quest shit that I'm never gonna actually use, armor ornaments from heritage crates im never gonna use, and old gear that for some reason I don't want to delete but don't feel like selling or giving away.
Lol try playing on live, parcel and full 44 slot bags fills up fast cuh.

Sadly like Bobby I can’t really divulge my worst stuff, maybe when I fully retire from EQ.

I will say so far most of these toxic confessions are still inside the game world; I know of a half dozen or so incidents that spilled outside to real life.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
21 years later, here I am wondering this same exact thing. Each new TLE server still uses EC until the bazaar unlocks. Maybe because it's friendlier for evil chars, or more central? /boggle
Lol gfay is as moronic as ec.

North Freeport is the only way. Only Veeshan and maybe 1 other server was smart enough to use North Freeport for trading. I feel bad for all the scrubs that traded in EC back in the day. How awful.

North freeport was vibrant and amazing. It felt like a real city. You had all the evils in the sewers, and they'd crawl through to north freeport from the sewer entrance in west freeport. People loved killing orcs in commonlands for Knights of Truth faction.

There were tons of hangout areas in North Freeport, and there were several static spawn camps for leveling while you were trading too. I got rich while camping the Barb shaman epic spawn in NFP for weeks. Several lowbie/mid level camps as well.

You'd have cliques in back of the Jade Inn, you'd have cliques near the halfling merchant grass area. You'd have Enchanters working in the Jewelcrafting building. You'd have people killing guards and other npc's. You had the cool kids that found ways onto the roofs. You had edgelords training the bankers. And west freeport was super vibrant as a result as well, and you'd have people fighting in the arena all day. It was beautiful. A truly, vibrant city and wonderful trading hub.

Commons and gfay are pure absolute unadulterated trash in comparison. People have nostalgia and fond memories for them for obvious reasons, but you really have no idea how inferior your experience was to trading in North Freeport.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Back with more.

So if you look at the spell list for a pally up to like 60 or so it is pretty much a copy / paste of what clerics got only several levels later other than some stuns and a few unique buffs like nife. Not a lot useful for gameplay but plenty useful for fucking around.

Gonna number these since I got a few more:

1) I used to have a real problem with kiters like druids, necros, and wizzys. Root Rot? Bullshit. Snare Kiting? Lame. Dot Rot? Super lame. Just lay there and the mob just has to sit there and die? No fair.

So in my younger years I would live outside / inside Kranors Castle. I would constantly see kiters inside the castle / outside and it would piss me off since I was just super jealous. So I decided to deliver Mith Marr's righteous justice upon them.

I would do 1 of 2 things.

See when kiting I knew that normally one of the first buffs was either a magic debuff or root/snare. So I had 2 different tactics I would use.

Tactic 1: I would use nullify / cancel magic, nullifying the debuffs. Oh you were quad kiting 4 mobs? Yea suddenly 2 of them broke root/snare within short order of each other and they were running on you and pounding your cloth ass. Meanwhile I was zoning into / out of KC since they hated you more than me. Cancel magic just doesn't work on beneficial buffs..it works on debuffs too.

Tactic 2: Same scenario but pallys get root and for some reason it felt like pally roots would either A) Break Instantly or B) Hold forever. There wasn't really an in between.

So what I would do is root kited mobs. They would stop moving instead of walking slowly and this had 2 effects sometimes. It would overwrite the existing root since it was a newer buff and usually break instantly or it would sit there for a long time and when the caster looped back around in their circle they wouldn't notice and would get pounded.

I was a bane to casters back in my earlier days but they didn't know it. It wasn't obvious like breaking Mez on a chanty.

2) How I found out the above was playing around early on in Highkeep. I was KOS with the guards since I helped some people take them down in Highpass Hold. I got invited to a picklaw group in the basement accidentally trained one of the guards down there but I had SoW . I rooted one (level 19 spell root) near the entrance with my level 19 root spell and used an invis pot to get down to the bank area. A few minutes later like 6 guards showed up and we had a druid / wizzy in our group and we rooted them and cycled over each other's root spells to kill them down while dealing with respawns from goblins. We did live but it was touch and go for awhile. I let them believe that someone must've trained them on us since there was such a delay due to root / pathing.

3) Ah Lower Guk. I am probably responsible for so many deaths down in that zone it isn't funny due to pathing/ warping. So I used to try and solo down in the safe hallway, undead side. Just grab an undead frog and kill it. Heal up, grab an undead frog, kill it. This was probably around level 40.

Looking through my spellbook I found the spell "Spook the Dead" spell. Never really used it much since befallen and who knew if it would work on higher levels, so I tried it out . This was an undead fear for 3 ticks. (1 tick = 6 seconds) so 18 seconds of a mob walking / running away. Sometimes if I got an add I would fear it and it would wander off down the hallway and sometimes......it would warp to who knows where.

Many times it would disappear for awhile and then it would come back later....with friends..many friends. The mob tended to wander up the wall sometimes into the Assup room and chain aggro all the mobs on the way down. Anyone at the executioner / tactician hallway would certainly have died as when the mob came back it would bring like 50 knights with him. Sometimes if I knew it got away and didn't come back within 10 seconds I would just camp out in the safe hallway because I knew I would be dead otherwise. I never did this to intentionally kill any group or anything but I know it happened because people would accuse other groups of training them in /ooc zonewide to steal their camps. .....and I knew it was me but said nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
In Velious, I was in Vex Thal running around invis seeing the outdoor area. I went up the steps and jumped off to the right and ended up falling below the castle.

I could run under most of VT and see the mobs etc. I discovered I could summon my bear pet (I was a Druid) and send it to attack one of the mobs and they would run around creating a huge train. As long as I never let the mobs stand above me they would never port down to me. Eventually I would succor/ gate out.

I eventually used this trick to train one of our rival guilds and wipe their raid. They never had a clue as by the time they’d thought to /who, I had gated out.

they eventually fixed the bug as I couldn’t ever get back down there.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
In Velious, I was in Vex Thal running around invis seeing the outdoor area. I went up the steps and jumped off to the right and ended up falling below the castle.

I could run under most of VT and see the mobs etc. I discovered I could summon my bear pet (I was a Druid) and send it to attack one of the mobs and they would run around creating a huge train. As long as I never let the mobs stand above me they would never port down to me. Eventually I would succor/ gate out.

I eventually used this trick to train one of our rival guilds and wipe their raid. They never had a clue as by the time they’d thought to /who, I had gated out.

they eventually fixed the bug as I couldn’t ever get back down there.
Dude it's crazy they you guys were so advanced you were in VT in Velious. I'm jealous.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol try playing on live, parcel and full 44 slot bags fills up fast cuh.

Sadly like Bobby I can’t really divulge my worst stuff, maybe when I fully retire from EQ.

I will say so far most of these toxic confessions are still inside the game world; I know of a half dozen or so incidents that spilled outside to real life.
Don't worry Sieger, I won't release the photos.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Listen, I like sieger, I really do, but I don't really wanna see those photos either.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity