Everquest Confessions

sindaael

<Banned>
Necro pets that used daggers can attack real fast. What happened to that one. Seen one of those in action as a newbie necro back in 2000. This guy was soloing shadowed men.

Edit, lol meant to put this in the mysteries thread.

Cybsled

We used to put Tunare whips on Daine to fuck with other guilds that were trying to beat that boss lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Most fun I had was using mq2. Warping and ninja looting and somehow never getting banned. Unfortunately the better mq2 plugins only came after I quit.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
That is exactly what I did when I didnt have any invis up. That was such a commonly abused mechanic.

Yep. You just camped right next to a wall. For whatever reason, when you camped out, your actual position moved ever so slightly in the direction you were facing, and that would put you inside the wall. So next time you logged in, you were deemed in an invalid location, and moved to the safe spot, which was across the zone basically at the exit where you wanted to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Before I worked at SOE, I was in the top guild on my server, but even back then some events were a bit tough to beat without the right player makeup.. The Coirnav fight in Plane of Water was one of EQ's first timed raid events if I remember correctly. If you loaded up the zone with a lot of players, the server ticks would actually slow down giving you more time to finish the event. So when our numbers were low, we'd just tell our rival guilds we were trying Coirnav with low numbers, and ask them to stay out of the zone, which of course, they didn't. They'd pile into the zone in to 'watch' us fail, and actually make the event a lot easier for us.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first time I was kicked from the Guide program was on Saryrn. I was on there for about a year and I was pretty much like 1 out of 3 Guides from Europe among the horde of Americans. So every time i posted something on the Guide forums, people would get offended because I must've sounded like I despised Americans.

Cant imagine why
I RR'd my EQ Career by posting "AMERICA HAD IT COMING..." on Solusek Ro forums 2 days after 9/11 ;) The thread had well over a thousand replies in about a week.

Nm. Another EQ mystery solved boys

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
On boss fights that were on farm mode that people could get charmed I would intentionally save all my mana waiting for a specific warrior to get charmed so I could Mana Burn him.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
On boss fights that were on farm mode that people could get charmed I would intentionally save all my mana waiting for a specific warrior to get charmed so I could Mana Burn him.
We make applicants in our guild pull charm birds in Fire and kill them as initiation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
We make applicants in our guild pull charm birds in Fire and kill them as initiation.
I loved mana burning shitty speed bump warriors who clerics wouldn’t even bother to target to heal and would instantly start healing the 3rd tank in line because they hated him as much as I did, hi E Elidroth .

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
LOL.. What's up, Burnem!
heyas, i got a request, if you still keep in touch with Oliver Smith, please tell him Chuk from Emarr says hi. he was our server GM and for some reason we became friends during Kunark and invited me to all the expansion betas til he moved to EQ2. he was a cool dude and was always asking me about shaman stuff, some of my suggestions actually got implemented. i was pretty stoked. havent spoken to him in a long time.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
lol, first thing i did as a shaman was find the highest areas and skydive, i had levitation so i was fine. east karanas ramp up to Highhold Pass was fun as hell. just GERONIMO! and slowly float down. eventually as i got more HPs i would jump without levitation to see if i would survive, i died many times until i had enough HPs to survive. when you're a raid shaman, you die so much in EQ, death means nothing.

I used to 'feign death' as my shaman and cannibalize until my health bar was purple. Was especially funny looking in bear form.

Then either the servers got more laggy, or didn't update the HP right and I died every other time I attempted it.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I loved mana burning shitty speed bump warriors who clerics wouldn’t even bother to target to heal and would instantly start healing the 3rd tank in line because they hated him as much as I did, hi E Elidroth .
Haha. Our sk crew used to do the same, harmtouching weak links/people we didn’t like when charmed. Just watching someone drop instantly was such a treat.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Haha. Our sk crew used to do the same, harmtouching weak links/people we didn’t like when charmed. Just watching someone drop instantly was such a treat.
Buncha sociopaths in here. I wouldn't put it past some of you to go on to cripple a billion dollar company with flagrant groping. Or something.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
When I was young, I was a little shit in this game. I probably had eight accounts banned before LDoN. Most of it was just simple training and stuff but my favorite was training Velketor to zone line. I don't know if this was a glitch or an actual backdoor that existed then, but I was able to go up the spider ramps near the entrance and go inside a wall that led right to Velketor. Pulling him out was easy and then I'd just bring him to zone and watch him destroy before zoning. I only played a bard so I never got to fully enjoy watching my destruction. The reason I think it was a glitch was that later on with a different PC I couldn't get through the wall and the people seemed to have no idea how Velk could be at zone when the group at upper dogs was just fine.

Edit: Looking at the map now, it appears there is a one way tunnel but it always worked both ways for my bard before I got the new PC. I don't think I could have possibly targeted on him and cast from that range but maybe that's what I did -- like a failed lull? It's been so long I don't remember.

This was a specific situation if you had an old version of the zone file, the original from the CD, and managed to avoid letting the patcher overwrite it. I used the same bug to pull all the velks castle mobs to the Crystal Eyes camp. Good times.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I've had weird aggro from Velk a couple times in that area, never could explain it, or repeat it, pre-TLP. Just assumed the 1 way was weird with some spells, or a hole in the wall I could never find. This was later on, during PoP I think, no buggy door or anything.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
It happened to me too at some point 100% unintentionally and completely at random

Cybsled

Mistmore pathing was legendarily bad.

Kedge Keep had wonky pathing, but you could exploit it to solo pull Phingel easy. I also loved the nova fish - one time I taunted a couple and swam by a group that was being a spawn stealer not respecting our camp so their own AOE would kill the fish and they blew up and killed half the group lol

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My roommate was a guide in beta, caught/banned some guy aoe'ing KK on an exploit he used to pull the entire zone basically and get them all stuck....like where nothing would even fight back. I heard in live some people had used the tooth from Nag/Vox that summoned the uber necro pet to level to 50 in a few hours that way.