Everquest II

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Still don't understand the hotbar complaints, especially with ascension now, you really don't press very many buttons. I push more buttons on my TLE assassin than I do on my live one because of how they balanced assassin's at later game.

I also just put all my buffs into one knowledge book page so i can just open k and see if i'm missing a buff.

Plus one hotbar for shit like, signets, pots, pre fight clickies (which are all bundled into one macro /use_equipeditem# is really good if you didn't know you could do this!). I have a macro with all the plane of war clickies, all the old reactant clickies, the trigger chance book from TSO.

As far as fallen gate goes, beta opens for kingdom of sky I believe tomorrow? Excited to hop in and play that expansion as it is one of my favorites.

Itemization has been decent, mob difficulty is a little bit too easy but it's desert of flames sooo.

I'm thinking KoS will be perfect, so much of it was super difficult/unkillable on stormhold due to how hard mobs hit, but this time we have much more hp, channelers, potency, mod, itemization that makes sense, etc etc.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking KoS will be perfect, so much of it was super difficult/unkillable on stormhold due to how hard mobs hit, but this time we have much more hp, channelers, potency, mod, itemization that makes sense, etc etc.

I'm really looking forward to it as well, and channeler has been my favorite class on the TLE so far.

My one complaint about KoS was that I felt AA exp was a tad on the fast side. I always thought of AA as something to reward you for doing things at level cap, but my last playthrough I capped my AA before I hit level cap.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm really looking forward to it as well, and channeler has been my favorite class on the TLE so far.

My one complaint about KoS was that I felt AA exp was a tad on the fast side. I always thought of AA as something to reward you for doing things at level cap, but my last playthrough I capped my AA before I hit level cap.
Well, originally it was that way but they made it super easy to cap AA through grinding. I know on the last TLE, due to coding of live. They couldn't modify the actual rate at which the xp was earned in hopes to not mess with the live code so it should be super easy once again.

I personally really dislike channelers, I had to play one instead of my assassin last night in raids and I ended up outhealing every other class just by pressing two buttons and a few debuffs, compared to my shaman where i have twice as many debuffs, and many more heals.

The class also kinda ruined raid compositions, you'd have to be crazy to not run two channelers and two shamans for debuffs and the raw amount of healing that channelers do. It basically makes wardens and templars a useless class unless you really need a third healer on a fight.

I'm curious to see how mage vs scout dps will go, i'm close or beating a lot of our mages on most fights (sans aoe, but yeah assassins) and I don't have an inquisitor for all those delicious auto attack stats, i'm thinking once I get capped haste/dps mod and MA i'll be topping most parses.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Assassin DPS was fun. The first time I came back to the game, I betrayed my main Ranger to an Assassin, back when Rangers still couldn't keep up with the big dogs reliably. Played Assassin, Ranger, Brigand, and Dirge at whatever the cap was at the time. Had a farming machine max SK, a Berserker, and capped either a Warden or Fury, but hated healing so much, he got shelved maybe a week after I capped him. I could never play any of the mage classes. I got carried to the mid 50's as a Coercer, during Rise of Kunark, but they needed my Brigand more, and I didn't feel any attachment to the character or class. Ranger and Shadow Knight are my favorite classes, followed closely by Brigand.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Forgot about my Bruiser, another fun class, another farming machine, feign death boss hopping through dungeons solo.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Why did people hate this game again? It didn't really scratch the nostalgia itch for me but I thought it was pretty to look at and I enjoyed the reimagining of classic EQ zones.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Why did people hate this game again? It didn't really scratch the nostalgia itch for me but I thought it was pretty to look at and I enjoyed the reimagining of classic EQ zones.
Because it wasn't EQ1. Also it was a broken mess early on

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't EQ at all. It was a completely different game in every aspect outside of zone and item names.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

I hated the reimagining of classic EQ zones. I wanted a sequel to EQ, not a completely different game with nothing in common. I think a lot of people had the same issue. The world was completely unrecognizable, and the only way you would have even known that it was connected to EQ was the names of zones. It easily could have been a completely new IP if they had simply changed a handful of zone names.

Plus it ran like dogshit on most computers and the game design was full of bad choices.

• 2Like

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
It's in sort of a downward spiral. Less subs = less development money, and their latest 'expansion' shows it. A mess of copy/paste stuff, and you hit your first mandatory repeatable quest like 10 minutes in! Not so fun.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Plus it ran like dogshit on most computers and the game design was full of bad choices.

I remember distinctly how terrible it ran, and I had a decent machine... definitely above median -- I played a Defiler and it's mandatory self-cast buff crushed my FPS down to sub 20. Meanwhile, they decided to launch in direct competition with WoW which had both a flawless frame rate and an art style that lent itself well to underperforming computers.

• 2Like

tarb

Trakanon Raider
I hated the reimagining of classic EQ zones. I wanted a sequel to EQ, not a completely different game with nothing in common. I think a lot of people had the same issue. The world was completely unrecognizable, and the only way you would have even known that it was connected to EQ was the names of zones. It easily could have been a completely new IP if they had simply changed a handful of zone names.

This x 1000!!
I think people who did not play EQ1 don't understand but this is the perfect statement. In the end, EQ2 was never a sequel to EQ1.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, some friends want me to come join them on the TLP servers for this. I quit around the EoF era, but I'm interested for some of that sweet, sweet nostalgia.

I need something that I can solo decently well with, but will absolutely make my pals look like scrubs in a group setting. I'm torn between Zerker, Bruiser, and Beastlord, but in all honesty, I really just want whatever is going to be overpowered as fuck for the current era.

• 1Barf

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So, some friends want me to come join them on the TLP servers for this. I quit around the EoF era, but I'm interested for some of that sweet, sweet nostalgia.

I need something that I can solo decently well with, but will absolutely make my pals look like scrubs in a group setting. I'm torn between Zerker, Bruiser, and Beastlord, but in all honesty, I really just want whatever is going to be overpowered as fuck for the current era.

Unless they got nerfed, BL are OP as hell in old content.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Unless they got nerfed, BL are OP as hell in old content.

They aren't too shabby! My 60 channeler on Fallen Gate is stupid OP as well, but keep in mind they absolutely blow leveling up until either 15 or 20 or so. I was raiding last night, and noticed my main nuke hit almost as hard as Harm Touch. Except there's no cool down. Or power cost. We use a neat overheat bar type mechanic. It's actually a fun class to play, and channelers always top the heal parse with little to no effort because of the tank absorb/reheal mechanic.

I gave the live expansion a stab. But even with the free gear reset, there's just too many things to grind/achieve. And they got rid of the tithe leveling too, it was kind of like AA. But if you didn't grind it up, they changed how it works. I'm now short a ton of potency and stamina compared to people who did. So I literally cannot catch up even if I wanted to because the system is no longer in place, but people kept the buffs they got from spending points.

I hate feeling overwhelmed when I return to an MMO. It's probably why I'm happiest on the time locked servers ;)

• 1Barf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They aren't too shabby! My 60 channeler on Fallen Gate is stupid OP as well, but keep in mind they absolutely blow leveling up until either 15 or 20 or so. I was raiding last night, and noticed my main nuke hit almost as hard as Harm Touch. Except there's no cool down. Or power cost. We use a neat overheat bar type mechanic. It's actually a fun class to play, and channelers always top the heal parse with little to no effort because of the tank absorb/reheal mechanic.

I gave the live expansion a stab. But even with the free gear reset, there's just too many things to grind/achieve. And they got rid of the tithe leveling too, it was kind of like AA. But if you didn't grind it up, they changed how it works. I'm now short a ton of potency and stamina compared to people who did. So I literally cannot catch up even if I wanted to because the system is no longer in place, but people kept the buffs they got from spending points.

I hate feeling overwhelmed when I return to an MMO. It's probably why I'm happiest on the time locked servers ;)

Eh, I don't want to play a healer after years of doing Mystic, so that's out.

When do 'Zerkers get better/not shit? Mine is level 12 and I was told it's a great class, but it seems stupid underwhelming at the moment.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Eh, I don't want to play a healer after years of doing Mystic, so that's out.

When do 'Zerkers get better/not shit? Mine is level 12 and I was told it's a great class, but it seems stupid underwhelming at the moment.

55+

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Still don't understand the hotbar complaints, especially with ascension now, you really don't press very many buttons. I push more buttons on my TLE assassin than I do on my live one because of how they balanced assassin's at later game.

I also just put all my buffs into one knowledge book page so i can just open k and see if i'm missing a buff.

Plus one hotbar for shit like, signets, pots, pre fight clickies (which are all bundled into one macro /use_equipeditem# is really good if you didn't know you could do this!). I have a macro with all the plane of war clickies, all the old reactant clickies, the trigger chance book from TSO.

As far as fallen gate goes, beta opens for kingdom of sky I believe tomorrow? Excited to hop in and play that expansion as it is one of my favorites.

Itemization has been decent, mob difficulty is a little bit too easy but it's desert of flames sooo.

What is ascension and how does it work? Last time I tried playing was when they were doing the free heroic characters or something and I just remember reading through all the abilities, going "lol whatever", and logging.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
What is ascension and how does it work? Last time I tried playing was when they were doing the free heroic characters or something and I just remember reading through all the abilities, going "lol whatever", and logging.

It's basically just a few additional abilities that usually hit hard and have a high cooldown. And leveling it is gated mobile game style (only so much exp per day allowed), though the new expansion does give you a few 'ascension level up' tokens to help people catch up some. Not a fan of ascension at all.