Everquest II

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This game needs like, a classic emu server similar to P99 or something. There's just too many bloody hotbars for this to be fun right now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I stopped playing EQII some time before the first expansion released. For the players that have returned for the TLP, how has that been? Not too much hotbar bloat etc? Never thought I'd be interested in EQ II again in any fashion, but a TLP could be interesting.

• 1Barf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I stopped playing EQII some time before the first expansion released. For the players that have returned for the TLP, how has that been? Not too much hotbar bloat etc? Never thought I'd be interested in EQ II again in any fashion, but a TLP could be interesting.

Did the pvp tlp a while back. Had a lot of fun for about a month. Probably worth checking it if you're into it. For me at least it wasn't worth sticking around. Too many bugs and imbalances

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game needs like, a classic emu server similar to P99 or something. There's just too many bloody hotbars for this to be fun right now.
The game was barely fun in 2004. That Heroic opportunity mechanic got old within like 30 minutes. I didn't even last long enough to remember more.

Oh wait, WoW was released. That's why I stopped.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Did the pvp tlp a while back. Had a lot of fun for about a month. Probably worth checking it if you're into it. For me at least it wasn't worth sticking around. Too many bugs and imbalances

Gotcha. I figure if the game wasn't entertaining enough to keep my attention when it first released, it probably hasn't improved enough today to change that.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Really the game had 2 good expansions. EoF and SF. Other than that it pretty much sucked

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
TLP this time around was 100% p2w. Haven't played it since vanilla but I remember people were spending over $1000 on vitality potions and little buff pets so yeah

• 1Barf

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
This new expansion on both live and TLE are a complete joke.

On live you basically farm solo instances/pqs for weeks to hopefully get one orange adorn for your new gear, you also have to pay hundreds of dollars to get your ascension abilites updated through the pay to win markets or you wait until the unfinished (lol) tradeskill timeline gets done.

On TLE the new expansion is about to be cleared in under a week of its launch, I really don't get what they do all day.

The new expansion is just the older zones reskinned, the first zone is klak'anon, second is phantom sea, third is kael drakkel, forth is vasty deep, the final zone is deep forge and najenas tower reworked.

I really feel stupid for continuing to play this.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yup not much effort on live at all, I dropped out of that one quick. I think it takes like 30 days to research one spell at this point. Without your wallet I mean, and the time/cost keeps going up each expansion. I honestly have no idea why people play EQ2 on live.

On TLE the AA cap is 50, and I got 6 within the first 2 minutes of logging in. Regular exp is of course broken in the new expansion (Kingdom of Sky). Kill a tough group mob triple up arrow and get 0.01%. Kill a green con solo trash mob in the previous expansion zone? 5x the exp !

Also, my avatar is perfectly lined up with the candy cane. =D

• 1Like

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Logged in for first time since 6-7 years with my beta character. Was still in my guild. Cool nostalgia trip for a few solo levels. The 12 year vet rewards came in handy. What got me though is the most recent guildie had not logged on since 2334 some days. Was a weird feeling, could feel the tumbleweed in the background. Ah and I can finally max it having bought specifically a dual core cpu for this game which didnt do jack shit at launch. good times.

Ah, and i can't praise Nek Castle enough, first time through that was the best. So much fun figuring it out when not many had gone through it, well designed zone.

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Logged in for first time since 6-7 years with my beta character. Was still in my guild. Cool nostalgia trip for a few solo levels. The 12 year vet rewards came in handy. What got me though is the most recent guildie had not logged on since 2334 some days. Was a weird feeling, could feel the tumbleweed in the background. Ah and I can finally max it having bought specifically a dual core cpu for this game which didnt do jack shit at launch. good times.

Ah, and i can't praise Nek Castle enough, first time through that was the best. So much fun figuring it out when not many had gone through it, well designed zone.
SOE was consistent with their good ideas being poorly executed. Hartsman proved that even a fundamentally flawed game like EQ2 can be redeemed. It "only" takes an effective, competent director and/or producer. I'm sure it's exhausting to continuously work with creative people year after year though.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Isn't that a weird feeling, seeing in a guild tool thousands of days since a person you knew logged in? Doubly so when the person passes away and is still in guild o_O

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
Isn't that a weird feeling, seeing in a guild tool thousands of days since a person you knew logged in? Doubly so when the person passes away and is still in guild o_O
One time a guild member who hadn't been on in 1000+ days logged on and then quit the guild. When I asked someone who also used to be in the guild about it, they were confused because the person had died a couple of years ago. :x

• 1Worf