Everquest II

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Im deff gonna check out the pvp server. Most likely its gonna be a cash grab with p2w shit.
But im betting its gonna be fun for a little while for some random reason and then they change shit and completely destroy it

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Let us know how it all plays out when you keep getting decked cause some kid bought a billion hitting ascendancy skill for 100 bucks by mistake.

That said pvp was fun, and one other thing they did pretty well was flying mounts, I miss flying fucking mounts.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Classic was a blast on the last pvp prog server. I don't see why it would be any worse this time. Worth the month or two if you have the time and will IMO

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Let us know how it all plays out when you keep getting decked cause some kid bought a billion hitting ascendancy skill for 100 bucks by mistake.

That said pvp was fun, and one other thing they did pretty well was flying mounts, I miss flying fucking mounts.
Flying mounts imo ruin MMOs. They pretty much make the world feel so much smaller and you just fly over 90% of the content

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I miss this game, I miss the Eq2flames drama too. Too bad SOE is the literal worst (Or whoever they are called now).

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I miss this game, I miss the Eq2flames drama too. Too bad SOE is the literal worst (Or whoever they are called now).
SOE was amazing compared to DBG. Yes soe was aids but maybe that can give you a picture of how awful DBG is

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The p2w cash store ZERO customer service etc is more what makes them awful

p2w cash store is likely the investors' fault and is pretty much the only thing you can fault the name change on.

Customer support... Didn't SOE drop phone support near the end anyways? That's pretty standard for most companies that aren't Blizzard to not have phone support. Every other F2P company I know of dropped their customer support for non-paying customers or at least prioritized lower / treated them differently as well, including the one I worked at.

Not defending SOE/Daybreak, though most of what you have an issue with is standard cost cutting in the modern age of live operations.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
There isnt even email support anymore. Can't remember if it was dbg or soe but yeah there is literally no way at all to contact a person. Its ONLY the default automated responses they send you.
Just so pathetic for a company with like what 10 online games

Fucker

Log Wizard
There isnt even email support anymore. Can't remember if it was dbg or soe but yeah there is literally no way at all to contact a person. Its ONLY the default automated responses they send you.

10 online games with like 18 players total.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

And people thought I was bullshitting when I said the EQ1 Mac server was closed because of the cost of CSR for the server, despite SOE official statements and community posts indicating that was indeed the reason.

Even 1 GM checking in on EQ Mac broke the balance sheet for that particular server.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Also no xp pots familiars etc. No beastlords at launch etc
Love the no xp/familiar part the most

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Could this be true? They have a month to mess this up..... could they really make PvP great again?

• 2Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'm excited. Kander seems like he really nailed on the head what the PvP community wants.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Posting this for anyone to lazy to go to link. This looks amazing, it is like they are doing everything everyone could possible want lo.

We have been working to bring PvP back to EverQuest II with renewed excitement! In approaching Nagefen, we wanted to improve on and make changes based on what we learned from the Deathtoll PvP server. We're looking for feedback and testers in a beta before we make any moves towards a full launch, so here's a look at what we to expect right out of the gate.

NAGAFEN

To get started, Nagefen is a seasonal PvP server that will require membership. Seasons are planned to last three months: the first month featuring vanilla EverQuest II, the second unlocking Deserts of Flame, and the third unlocking Kingdom of Sky, followed by a short break. Future seasons may unlock different expansions.

During a season, everyone will be able to earn unique titles and a special set of Nagafen appearance armor if they complete certain season-specific objectives. For season one, that means racking up enough kills to earn The Dreadnaught appearance armor. Plus, the character with the most unique kills will earn a unique title - the only one on the entire server. When a season ends, these rewards will carry over to future seasons so you can display your PvP prowess.

Perhaps most importantly, Nagafen will be a free-for-all PvP server. That’s right, factionless PvP. If you are a Qeynosian and you want to take out other Norrathians from your city, feel free! Grouped characters will be able to avoid the friendly fire of PvP combat.

Just remember, your actions will be remembered. Your reputation will follow you on Nagafen. That's because you can only create one character, and you will be known for both your victories and your crimes! Your choices in this world will matter.

Also, Nagafen is all about the PvP. Keeping that in mind, experience will best be gained through direct PvP combat. Want to level up fast? Get out there and fight! But also, be careful. Nagefen will also be a Free-Trade server. This means items can be looted from fallen foes, so make sure you attune your items so you don't drop them when someone ganks you!

About your items, we are rebalancing early game itemization and implementing custom rulesets that will allow for tailored itemization on unique servers. This means we can tune the content to more closely resemble original PvE and PvP combat. We are bringing the stats closer to how they were at launch so that items complement PvP and do not “make or break” anyone's experience.

Plus, Marketplace items will be very limited. We expect bags, ground mounts, and expendables to be available, but not much more.

Finally, in the spirit of competition, we also have built all new in-game Scoreboards! There will be scoreboards for total kills, unique kills, and more. Keep track of who's after who on the server... and who needs to have a bounty issued for their head!

BETA

We are looking forward to getting this beta started, and we’ll be asking for lots of feedback from those who participate to help us make it even better. Our goal is to relive as much of the glory days of EverQuest II PvP as possible, and bring back the rakish spirit of the Nagafen community. It’s something we have really wanted to do for a while, and hope everyone will be on board.

So just to recap:

• Nagafen is a seasonal, free-for-all PvP server.
  • Nagafen is a Free-Trade server, where most items are tradeable.
  • Beta access is free, but live will require membership.
  • In-game scoreboards will keep track of the top killers.
  • Only one character is allowed per account.
  • Stats will be customized and updated for PvP and balance.

Answers to some of your questions before you ask:

• Channelers and Beastlords will not be available for this season of PvP.
  • Spell research will not be available on Nagafen.
  • Familiars will not be available on Nagafen.
  • Experience potions will not be available on Nagafen.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
OK, that sounds pretty good. I'm loathe as fuck to renew my membership with DB. But this sounds like it could be a few months of fun.