Everquest II

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Fuck. That is more or less everything you could ask for. Kind of wish DBG would pace themselves. They pull their collective heads out of their asses too fast and someone is liable to get hurt.

If the EQ TLP servers show this kind of initiative I don't know WTF I'm going to do. Too much eq glory to try to reclaim. Its DBG though so we'll see how it pans out

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It has character wipes after every season.

Information only got posted on discord.

CaithToday at 9:24 PM
Seasonal pvp characters will not be persistent once that season is over.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider

Well there we go already ruining shit.
Unless they meant the titles kills etc and used bad wording

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't understand people railing about the impermanence of characters on BETA server. It is a beta that they said they are looking for feedback for what works and what doesn't. Not all games keep people's progression from beta in fact most still do not. This is a BETA it is not the final server that they will be charging for. This server is free for everyone to play on because it is a BETA. They have said dependent upon the amount of people and the feedback then they will make changes to a more permanent server.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah if it's seasonal they will wipe when they put a new expac in or something. That's not really a big deal to me, in fact i like it in poe - new economy everyone's on an even footing etc. Keeps things fresh and makes it interesting. I never thought I would like it but I do.

Whatever the case you'll have a few months of what sounds like pretty decent play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess maybe I am reading it wrong because it seems to me all it says is that the beta is set up with seasons for the first three expansions as part of the test. I don't see anywhere it says that the full launch live monthly price server is going to have seasons with wipes. Maybe my reading comprehension skill needs some work or I missed something.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was also wondering if there was going to be a FoH guild if enough folks are playing or will most be joining Onyx/old guildmates?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Can I get a hell yeah. Other games have followed suit.

Seasonal PvP is what we've been looking for.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah if it's seasonal they will wipe when they put a new expac in or something. That's not really a big deal to me, in fact i like it in poe - new economy everyone's on an even footing etc. Keeps things fresh and makes it interesting. I never thought I would like it but I do.

Whatever the case you'll have a few months of what sounds like pretty decent play.

Its just the way gaming is now. People will have to adjust to the times. The gameplay is being given a facelift and that includes seasonal play.

• 1Like

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everyone unable to patch complaining in eq2 discord while devs desperatly try to fix the patcher. Sure feels like a DBG launch alright.

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Everyone unable to patch complaining in eq2 discord while devs desperatly try to fix the patcher. Sure feels like a DBG launch alright.
For real its a beta and people bitching like its the end of the world. Im no dbg fan but the other progression server launches went amazing so if they fuck up a beta launch give them a break

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
According to a dev on discord the technical issues have been resolved. They're just waiting on the go-ahead from management to launch beta

EDIT: 10AM PST confirmed for beta launch

Last edited:

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hello Murderous Rapscallions.

First, thank you for participating in the Nagafen PvP Beta, which will be unlocking at 10AM Pacific time today!

BETA CHARACTER CREATION
Nagafen PvP servers are event servers, so when you create a character, make sure you select the Event server type in the character creation flow. While beta is open to all, live event servers will require membership.

LEVEL PROGRESSION
This is a PvP server, and the majority of the progression should come from PvP. When you defeat an opponent, you will be given an XP reward, with unique kills giving much more than players you have killed previously. During beta we’ll be going through a variety of different experience values for NPC encounters and quests to locate the best progression balance. As the server ages, the PvE balance will be adjusted to make catching up easier.

ITEMIZATION
Low level itemization is going through a full update and will coincide with an encounter balance update. While this update is designed with Time Locked servers in mind, it coincides with an encounter difficulty pass to verify that progression meets expected standards, and will affect all servers. Current plans are to have the full itemization balance completed for original launch content up through The Shadow Odyssey expansion, and it will touch all items that fall within those level ranges. Additionally, we have custom item rulesets that allow us to further modify specific servers to give us more flexibility when it comes to special rules servers, such as a PvP ruleset. As every EverQuest 2 player knows, normal NPC encounters and players just do not scale the same.

During the beta, the itemization and balance passes are still very much in process. This means you will likely find some encounters that are balanced oddly, or item rewards that are out of progression/difficulty. Please /bug these issues in game so that we can make sure it gets corrected.

PVP DEATH
Characters that are killed in PvP will drop up to 70% of the coin they are carrying with them. Coin kept in the bank is not affected. There is also a chance that they will drop one of the tradeable items that they are carrying in their bags.

ABILITY BALANCE
Like itemization, this is an ongoing process as we step into the beta. Each profession and AA ability will be getting a full review in the next couple months both from internal data as well as feedback from the beta. PvP specific templates are being updated on abilities over this first few days of beta, so you will see a lot of things like control effects and taunts get updated before the weekend.

LEADERBOARD
You will find a PvP leaderboard within both Freeport and Qeynos which will display a sortable list of the PvP leaderboards. Once we get a bit further along in beta, we’ll be introducing bounty boards as well as PvP bounties which will reward you for hunting down leaderboard targets.

FREE FOR ALL PVP
Every player is a potential target, and every player is a potential group mate. PvP Combat will be free for all, where anyone outside of your group or raid will be considered a hostile target. Finally a way to stop them from stealing your shinies...

SAFE ZONES
The only non-PvP zones will be Freeport and Qeynos. All other zones are open for business. Halas may be nice and all, but the neighbors can be a real pain.
Note: The PvP flagging and level ranges are still ongoing for zones as we start the Beta process.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit level 10 then an illy ran up and charmed me, hes had me charmed for over 10 minutes now and he just runs around killing me into guards and what not. LOL. Guess I'm rerolling.

• 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Rolled paladin to start, was a terrible choice. For right now it seems like you need to play a scout or a pet class / chanter. Unless you have a group of course.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol Charm lasting 10 minutes in pvp is such a hilarious miscue rofl. This better be the first thing they patch like immediately hehe.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
No doubt about it. The forums are rough too because you have whiny pve people infesting the pvp threads.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
EQ2 PvP has always had one of the most immature toxic communities.

I found the whole "EQ2flames" extremely childish and just fostering more of that culture, but people here love it.