Everquest II

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yea, 1440 at max settings.

I had to get it from another player I could send you the file if you want it. It was on some other website that took some digging and I just hung on to it.

Meh, sounds like too much effort =p

I'll just go for the true vanilla experience I guess, thanks though. More concerned with the crashing now, guess that will be today's project.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Log in see a guy start fighting him. He runs to the docks. Able to zone out even though he engaged. Once he zones out a group zones in they jump me I die I exit the game and go play something not awful

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Still having fun but man they really just made the game way too easy. Didn’t Vox stay up for quite some time on FG? She dead today.

Still good times tho Alting is fun.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Still having fun but man they really just made the game way too easy. Didn’t Vox stay up for quite some time on FG? She dead today.

Still good times tho Alting is fun.
Yeah because her adds were stupidly hard and like 10 would spawn

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
How is this TLE overall? I noticed most of the PtW stuff like mounts/familiars ect seems to be restricted, spells are restricted to Masters?

KoS and Kunark/TSO were my favorite times, I never got into the game much before KoS. Might give it a whirl since I have subs active for EQ1.

SK still solid choice? Might try boxing a defiler with one if so, although going gnome monk + something else is tempting.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game def has a few weeks of entertainment to it. I just got my 4th char to lvl 50 and today is the first day that boredom started to set in.

Basically get to 50, get prismatic weapon, do a few icy dig runs. Takes about a week, less if you have pots and friends.

Sadly theres not much to do at end game. Basically broker quest at this point for me. I'll prolly hit up the new grim dawn though and fade away from this.

They really should have launched this shit at KoS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I feel like this game doesn't really get "good" until Faydwer expansion, having that be ?9? months out seems like a bad idea. Do we really need 3 months of Shattered Lands and Desert of Flames, there's not THAT much to do.

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Its funny because during KoS in 2006 everyone was wishing they had vanilla back. Of course it took a lot longer than 2 hours to hit level 50.

Also bobbybick the pvp server is releasing xpac every month. So DoF i think next week then KoS but idk if theyre going to server reset or continue to EoF I dont think they decided yet

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ugh yea DoF isnt going to add anything meaningful. Might be time to join the Mangler boys.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wait, you can buy and use xp pots on Kaladim? I just started dicking around over the weekend but the xp seems slow going so far. Also, any guild recommendations? Have just been soloing shit enjoying the member berries, but eventually i'm gonna wanna raid some.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I feel like this game doesn't really get "good" until Faydwer expansion, having that be ?9? months out seems like a bad idea. Do we really need 3 months of Shattered Lands and Desert of Flames, there's not THAT much to do.
When you put it like that, I don't even want to play. I didn't play it in era, but I really didn't like the DoF content, other than the questlines for Nasty Sul, and that was added much later. I never got into the group stuff though, I think I just did poets for mythics or something like that. I remember doing the epics solo on my SK later on though, and making some decent coin from the masters.

I still have a little interest for classic though, what I've always heard is the group content was enjoyable enough, and I never did get to make use of those two mini xpacs I bought ages ago.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Actually surprised I'm having some fun with this. I figured it was going to be a pain in the ass to 2 box, but the follow pathing is tight, and EQ2 targeting makes it easy to heal and cast offensive spells without swapping.

I dunno, see how I feel in a couple days, and if I find an active guild that doesn't have any of the whiny cunts I see in general chat. I'll likely main the defiler later on if I stay interested, keep the SK around for soloing or group tank in a pinch, 2 boxing all the time would get annoying quick in this game I imagine.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Hah ended up playing this over EQ1, haven't played it in days. I'm entertained, it's a little more rewarding to play in bursts.

Kinda thinking I should have gone with Brig+Defiler, but SK will have to do, DPS is just low for now. Reading up on DoF, it looks more interesting in era, I always hated it while leveling, but the first 2 zones were good xp from all the quests. Vanilla EQ2 will just give me extra time to level a few alts and some tradeskills.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I really liked Desert of Flames, the peacock questline is probably the best in the game. Lots of epic mobs and contested plus a couple of the best designed zones in Living Tombs and Silent City.

That was designed when the quests were actually tied to the lore and really good.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Kaladim server seems to be doing fine, but has the PvP one eaten itself yet? It's usually super toxic, and most of the player base jut fucks off and plays an actual fun game.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I couldn't imagine doing PvP in this game, I'd have to be a bard if I did. I know there was some love for an old PvP server here years ago, but I just can't see the fun the way EQ2 combat is setup.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I played this from launch and for about 6 years, i hear it calling me...pve , nek castle, argg
downloading vanguard, maybe that will quell my thirst.