Everquest II

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Quick update for anyone who didnt play.
They said there would be no xp pots but they ninja put them on a dbc merchant in game [nagafen atleast] and the best xp was running around zones getting disco xp. Youd literally get a full level in your 40s if you had an xp pot and went to ferrott and ran passed somewhere for the first time

Haha that's so old school cause thats' exactly how it was when the game released.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Mixxelpix i will be playing this weekend for sure

I'll add you as well, so if I see you on I can get you an invite.

Penalty Penalty I'm ready to poopsock this weekend, sucks you pulled off on us like that. The dungeons in this game are incredible after coming from themepark MMOs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
My only gripe so far is the people who join group then have to log 45 minutes later. Fucking filthy casuals make my eyes bleed. At least eq1 players know how to poopsock.

Having a blast so far though.
Because these servers arent worth poop socking. I did that on stormhold and then found out everything is easy and 98% of the player base is bad

Hekotat

Because these servers arent worth poop socking. I did that on stormhold and then found out everything is easy and 98% of the player base is bad

This shit is way harder than the live servers, however, it may stay the same at max level. This type of games makes me hope something like Pantheon makes it to market.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Getting to max level in 3 hours by around getting poi discoveries and then killing shit with level 2 or missing gear at max level isnt really hard at all. The only reason things may seem hard is because like I said 98% of the player base is awful.

Hekotat

Getting to max level in 3 hours by around getting poi discoveries and then killing shit with level 2 or missing gear at max level isnt really hard at all. The only reason things may seem hard is because like I said 98% of the player base is awful.

Oh I'm still using starter gear for the most part, however, go play on live. It is night and day difference in how difficult things are. I'm not saying it's hard, but it's more difficult than most.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I can't believe after so many TLE servers, you guys still went back...

Yeah, I did but this time super casual. (After PL the last two TLE's)

I thought about giving it one more full time go...but when the first group hit 50 in 5 hours I realized I didn't have the time or energy.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Looking to do a nek castle run tonight, levels 30-37 ish, if anyone wants to join. doing HQ also.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Its amazing how bad eq2 combat even compared to other tab target games.. all I do is stare at my hot bars when I care . Lol

Here is their update how they are re-enabling an exploit from nagafen.... shit shows R us

Greetings Nagafen,

So we have been striving to make the best PvP situation for Nagafen. We want there to be fun PvP. That is why we launched the seasonal server. The exploit of using the exploration experience to level, and keep in mind we do consider this an exploit, was fixed quickly because that is what we do. However, Nagafen is a different beast and fluid situation. The idea is that everyone wants to be on even footing and get out there and fight each other for glory and fun. The key word here is "fun." That being said, we have decided that on Tuesday, March 26th, rather than just buffing people to 50 and leaving them without gear and afraid, we are going to temporarily turn the exploration experience back on. We feel that at the very least, people will be out getting experience and playing and have a chance to advance as quickly, or as slowly as they are comfortable with.

Obviously, the exploration experience will be greatly reduced once Desert of Flames is activated and when we launch Season Two of Nagafen. The idea here is to make each season better and more fun. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope the PvP will get better and better.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Lol they call it an exploit but turn it back on. And then tell people to exploit. Would be funny if they ban everyone who does it.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Heard on the EQ2 subreddit that they basically didn't actually do anything to address the shitty classic itemization and it may be worse than it was on Stormhold? Any of you that played on both iterations of TLEs that can chime in, I was considering patching this last night cause I do have a lot of nice EQ2 memories but Stormhold was a shitshow once you got close to level cap (at least in shattered lands).

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Heard on the EQ2 subreddit that they basically didn't actually do anything to address the shitty classic itemization and it may be worse than it was on Stormhold? Any of you that played on both iterations of TLEs that can chime in, I was considering patching this last night cause I do have a lot of nice EQ2 memories but Stormhold was a shitshow once you got close to level cap (at least in shattered lands).

I am level 37 and have run ROV, RE, FG, nek castle stormhold and wailing caves so far. RE loot has been the worst I have seen ( run 3 times ) of all of them, other than that there are level 40 things dropping in lower level dungeons ( ROV which is 26-35 ). Most of the loot is without any special stats at all, just +whatever your main stats are.

I have heard things on forums saying level 50 loot has issues, i have heard it sucks and is very "uninspired" but what sounds worse is supposedly the raids are super easy and a laugher. I have not run eq2 in such a long time its good for the memories and nastalgia however I don't think i will stick long, i almost think they released these servers earlier than planned to get ahead of WoW classic.

I mean eq2 couldn't compete with WoW and took on some shitty design decisions over the years and to expect whats left @ Daybreak to really do this right is a joke,.

The funny thing is so many people in game are still potting and running dungeons over and over to get to 50 as fast as possible even given what people are saying about end game.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Yeah itemization is bad. I mean idk how its hard since there is just attributes and sta but yeah still fucked it up

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I am level 37 and have run ROV, RE, FG, nek castle stormhold and wailing caves so far. RE loot has been the worst I have seen ( run 3 times ) of all of them, other than that there are level 40 things dropping in lower level dungeons ( ROV which is 26-35 ). Most of the loot is without any special stats at all, just +whatever your main stats are.

I have heard things on forums saying level 50 loot has issues, i have heard it sucks and is very "uninspired" but what sounds worse is supposedly the raids are super easy and a laugher. I have not run eq2 in such a long time its good for the memories and nastalgia however I don't think i will stick long, i almost think they released these servers earlier than planned to get ahead of WoW classic.

I mean eq2 couldn't compete with WoW and took on some shitty design decisions over the years and to expect whats left @ Daybreak to really do this right is a joke,.

The funny thing is so many people in game are still potting and running dungeons over and over to get to 50 as fast as possible even given what people are saying about end game.

I'm jealous that you'll be running permafrost and sol's eye soon.

Those zones were fucking amazing.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I hated sol's eye back in 2005 because I didnt have enough ram for it until a little later when dof came out.
Would crash there so much