Everquest II

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I entertained the thought of going back to kaladim now that KoS is out, still gotta get level from 50 though, ugh. If I was a smarter man I would have at least gone from 50-60 in DoF but I couldnt do it. I just couldnt fucking play DoF.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I always loved the next expansion though, Kingdom of Sky. Lot of fun, gathering was organized better and there were long epic quest chains involving dungeon groups.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I entertained the thought of going back to kaladim now that KoS is out, still gotta get level from 50 though, ugh. If I was a smarter man I would have at least gone from 50-60 in DoF but I couldnt do it. I just couldnt fucking play DoF.

Just kill some cyclops in DoF and at 55 hit TT and join a Sanctum of Scaleborn xp group then at 62 go and get a Palace of Awakening group. I take it that it's pre the XP nerf cause PoA was the best levelling xp in the game for a really really long time (long after Kos).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just kill some cyclops in DoF and at 55 hit TT and join a Sanctum of Scaleborn xp group then at 62 go and get a Palace of Awakening group. I take it that it's pre the XP nerf cause PoA was the best levelling xp in the game for a really really long time (long after Kos).

PoA XP groups, damn, you are taking me back lol. I'm not gonna come back anymore, the fond memories need to stay just that. I'd kill for a new Everquest game, even a Champions of Norrath ARPG... Especially a Champions of Norrath ARPG, and now I'm sad, because it's not gonna happen.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So since we last posted about this game there's been a new expansion which sounds like a load of rubbish. I think it's the moon shit but i'm not 100% sure.

I spoke to someone still playing over Christmas, he told me that the economy is totally shot as there was a plat dupe in the game that was used initially by a select few but that filtered into the wild later and was being used by shitloads of people.

Sounds like things are pretty fucked up in eq2 right now.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought the expac but havent touched it yet lmao.

I really miss old eq2. They had something special with vanilla

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I mean they've pretty much given up if they're willing to abandon the whole "Luclin blew up and crashed into Norrath causing The Shattering, AKA our whole plot/history" in order to put out another expansion due to being out of ideas. AFAIK Drinal is still intact but that doesn't draw in nostalgia boners.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Doesn't the Luclin stuff essentially boil down to "timetravel lol"? That's what I get from muddling through the more recent lore. I had the understanding it was reformed as a prison for Kerafyrm & the disco inferno boss from SF, which would pretty much mean nothing survived, even if anything survived the original explosion.

Trying the TLE out, I have the EQ itch, but EQ1 sucks to solo on TLP. Least I can solo when I need to with EQ2, and I like the game better after KoS is out.

If anyone playing on Kaladim, would appreciate a little newbie starter cash to make the first 30ish levels a bit easier, I'll even toss it back to ya later on if ya like. Even handcrafted shit is pricey as hell, compared to my actual tiny cashflow. No big deal though, no where near as bad as it originally was, since Halas & Darklight are active.
Damned if I remember where to play solo in the lower levels, mostly remember playing alts in later expansions, when stuff was a lot faster & easier.

Got loads of free time, so I'll likely stick around for this a good while if I can get leveled and eventually start raiding. Nothing hardcore, active casual raiding guild would be perfect. I remember the next few expansions being mostly fun all around, I even enjoyed TSO.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ended up staying interested long enough that I bought some krono to make leveling a little easier, and have some coin for later. I see Dirge are in big demand, but I'm not playing that shit ever again. Warlock is a good fit so far, never played one.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was taking a shower and I remembered they raised the level cap from 90 to 92 when they added Skyshrine. What a stupid idea

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Fucked around with a few different classes, couldn't stand how they played.

Made a dirge just to fuck around, and almost 50 in no time. Damn class just feels natural to me, all these years later. I just got sick of being battlerez bitch for ages, and having multiple dps arguing with me for battlecry like crackheads before a raid. Years later that stuff doesn't seem as big a deal to me vs shit I've had to do in other games since. It's also good to be a useful class that hardly anyone actually likes playing at endgame.

I have 4 fucking hotbars going already though, wonder if all/some of my old macros on old dirge will still work. Finding current info on this game requires a fucking google archaeology degree though, I miss EQ2Flames, the last time I was there, the site owner found jesus or some shit.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I miss EQ2Flames, the last time I was there, the site owner found jesus or some shit.

That was just a cover because he was revealed to be a complete dirtbag IRL. He made the jesus thing up so he could have that associated with his name or something.

• 1Worf

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
That was just a cover because he was revealed to be a complete dirtbag IRL. He made the jesus thing up so he could have that associated with his name or something.

Also miss Eq2 Flames... so much drama I loved it.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
No I played on Butcherblock at Launch, can't remember where after, Played with Malice and then Second Dawn and then some no name guilds when I came back for SF.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was on Butcherblock at launch and then moved to Lucan after a lot of my friends moved over due to raid guild drama. Might be why your name looked familiar. I might be remembering the name wrong, but thought you were a high end raid guild ranger that I knew mostly vicariously and envied/respected from afar. One of the nice things about having friends in better raid guilds was getting hand me down advice and play tactics from the ones pushing the classes to their best. Always felt like I was a better than average player because of it and places like this forum.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I played on Innothule originally but moved to LDL briefly in (DoF) with a load of other people, and then eventually moved to RE/Splitpaw in late DoF and stayed moving between the 2 euro servers for the rest of my time in the game.

The Euro servers had boatloads of drama over the years, it never really got posted to flames though.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I was on Butcherblock at launch and then moved to Lucan after a lot of my friends moved over due to raid guild drama. Might be why your name looked familiar. I might be remembering the name wrong, but thought you were a high end raid guild ranger that I knew mostly vicariously and envied/respected from afar. One of the nice things about having friends in better raid guilds was getting hand me down advice and play tactics from the ones pushing the classes to their best. Always felt like I was a better than average player because of it and places like this forum.

OH I was one of the top raid rangers, World First to 60 and I think 70, raided in some guilds that got world firsts, matron, turtle dude, avatars, djinn master etc.... Wrote a lot of stuff on the EQ forums with feedback during launch regarding bugs etc. I did raid primarily on my Ranger and then Inquistor later on. But yeah it was probably me :)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity