Everquest II

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
For those not up to date, Echos of Faydwer (xpac #3) releases in 5 days on the TLE. The server still has a 70% xp bonus currently (reg, trade & AA), which I assume is going to disappear when EoF out. Still 16 week expansion cycles, so plenty of time, but of course it's always better at the start of an expansion.

I'm hearing rumors they completely removing set bonuses from the game, which is fucking retarded for TLE. I don't give a fuck about the slot machine called live.

It's plainly obvious this shit is on a skeleton crew though. The current devs are pretty much "we don't know fuck all about game design, but heres more loot boxes! Enjoy all your armor skins that were designed by a 3rd grade art class!"

I especially love the loot boxes that are available on TLE, but spew out worthless shit that can't be used for a year or 2, or actually never, considering what happened with last TLE. I realize some of the shit can be converted into status, its still faggoty shyster bullshit.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Live itemization is a mess

You look at an item and it has 59 million blue stats and you need 2 pages on the box to look at them all

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
For those not up to date, Echos of Faydwer (xpac #3) releases in 5 days on the TLE. The server still has a 70% xp bonus currently (reg, trade & AA), which I assume is going to disappear when EoF out. Still 16 week expansion cycles, so plenty of time, but of course it's always better at the start of an expansion.

I'm hearing rumors they completely removing set bonuses from the game, which is fucking retarded for TLE. I don't give a fuck about the slot machine called live.

It's plainly obvious this shit is on a skeleton crew though. The current devs are pretty much "we don't know fuck all about game design, but heres more loot boxes! Enjoy all your armor skins that were designed by a 3rd grade art class!"

I especially love the loot boxes that are available on TLE, but spew out worthless shit that can't be used for a year or 2, or actually never, considering what happened with last TLE. I realize some of the shit can be converted into status, its still faggoty shyster bullshit.

Sounds like absolute dogshit. Being honest I'm not all that surprised the devs don't know much about the game. It's had so much shit changed, added, removed etc over the years that the code must be a fucking nightmare. SOE pretty much said as much years ago when people were asking for less skills and stats to be toned down etc. They said someplace that they simply couldn't do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if tanks had surpassed the billion HP mark in this game.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Perfect recent example of why the current EQ2 devs are retarded, is the recent removal of levels of crafting materials on the tooltip. Supposedly it was confusing players...

Completely stupid change, everyone hates it, but devs are sitting there shaking their heads no and stamping their feet, like insolent little girls, refusing to accept it was dumb fucking change. Supposedly people get banned from their Discord for even bringing it up now.

Regarding the recent change to harvestable displayed level changes. Harvestable displayed level ranges no longer match up to how tradeskill recipes are used or implemented, and were removed due to them no longer being accurate in many cases which caused a number of bugs and players reporting issues, while we understand that the change is frustrating because many of you have gotten used to it hopefully this will solve some further issues down the road.
Horseshit, one of the retards removed it on a patch to live, while it was still working normal on the test server for a couple days more.

They also removed autoattacks being delayed by skills, yeah no more timing autoattacks. The issue however, is any skill that needs stealth is screwed up now. You can't even start combat in stealth, your autoattack fires before your skill will. The only "fix" is to turn off auto attack in character options, then set all your stealth related skills to a macro, with the /autoattack 0 command, THEN set all your non stealth attack skills to a macro as well with /autoattack 1, so you don't miss your auto firing off. It's fucking stupid. What are the devs saying about it? Not a fucking word.

I'm currently entertained enough on TLE that I'm still playing, I'm doubtful I'll stick around for the long haul. Worst case, it's easier to farm for kronos on EQ2, and I can switch back to EQ1. Shit, I've made a modest profit just flipping kronos lately, and it will be even better the first week of EoF.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Come on man, they've always had no clue how the game worked. I had to fight for like a year to get them to understand that 100% crit != 100% crit. The amount of dumb shit that made it into itemization and encounter mechanics, lol. So many avoidable mistakes if they just understood their own game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Each TLE server got slightly worse. And they just don't have any real support. First go around I was crushed when I finally finished the conjy epic (raid version) and STILL the pet was summoning the wrong one (apprentice level fire pet lol). It was never fixed in like 10 years.

TLE servers seem to die an expansion or two earlier each time. Dont get me wrong I had a ton of fun on EQ2 TLE, and raided there more than any other game (Vindicate on Stormhold / Fallen Gate, avoided Kaladim). But it's absolutely mismanaged.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
That sucks to hear, I was hoping they had worked out the issues on TLE. (Didn't care about live as much)

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Completely stupid change, everyone hates it, but devs are sitting there shaking their heads no and stamping their feet, like insolent little girls, refusing to accept it was dumb fucking change. Supposedly people get banned from their Discord for even bringing it up now.
I feel like this kind of mindset is the root of like 99% of issues with companies in general. People just can't fucking handle being wrong

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I played the last expansion on live and the itemization and number inflation are supremely fucked. At max level you get an item that is +384849303848393 <horseshit stat> and during combat your pushing out numbers in the billions range that I swear slows down my gaming computer.

If the devs keep up with this we are going to be in year 2340 with mega advanced technology that will be used to (a) support space travel and (b) run the latest EQ2 expansion.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
EQ2 could really use some tender loving care to a lot of their abilities and numbers, maybe they need to take a queue from Blizz and do a stat squish, trim the massive ability bloat, and certainly lower XP needed to level. I honestly love the look of EQ2, the world, and the lore surrounding it but the game play is just such a damn drag. But it is quite obvious DBG is just marching around the corpse of the game not much into the numbers and deep workings of the game and more into just slapping new art in from time to time and calling it good.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I picked up new expansion. I know, I got abused wife syndrome with this fucking game, I'm a filthy, dirty boy.

First zone I do(Intro Signature quest for the entire expansion) trash dies super slow, and the first named fight was 5 minutes long. 5 minutes of whittling down HP while mine stayed at 100% the whole time, yeah I'm a zerker, whatever, point stands. I've experienced this before at start of PoP, so clearly the 110 boost character I got with the expansion doesn't have the potency/resolve to actually do the expansion. I guess 77, 000% potency is really low, what was I thinking! I found it amusing my 110 boost character got lvl 90 food/drink/consumables, and only adept level spells.

I already know how to deal with the problem, as shitty as I play these days, I'm still an above average type gamer. Theres a few things I can do, including putting noob gear on before I do the zone to get a mega buff (lol) I already had done the days of summer shit too, which most new/returning players aren't even aware of.

How the hell do they expect to get and keep new/returning players, if each expansion just says "HAHAHA FUCK YOU SCRUB!" when you try to play?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I picked up new expansion. I know, I got abused wife syndrome with this fucking game, I'm a filthy, dirty boy.

First zone I do(Intro Signature quest for the entire expansion) trash dies super slow, and the first named fight was 5 minutes long. 5 minutes of whittling down HP while mine stayed at 100% the whole time, yeah I'm a zerker, whatever, point stands. I've experienced this before at start of PoP, so clearly the 110 boost character I got with the expansion doesn't have the potency/resolve to actually do the expansion. I guess 77, 000% potency is really low, what was I thinking! I found it amusing my 110 boost character got lvl 90 food/drink/consumables, and only adept level spells.

I already know how to deal with the problem, as shitty as I play these days, I'm still an above average type gamer. Theres a few things I can do, including putting noob gear on before I do the zone to get a mega buff (lol) I already had done the days of summer shit too, which most new/returning players aren't even aware of.

How the hell do they expect to get and keep new/returning players, if each expansion just says "HAHAHA FUCK YOU SCRUB!" when you try to play?

Yep, I learned after the last time I bought an expansion.

When I first started from scratch after the last expansion, stuff died just as slow as it did for you, and my mana would randomly go from full to ZERO in one hit. I couldn't figure it out, veteran players couldn't, nobody on the forums. After troubleshooting for WAY too long (lol abused wife syndrome here too!) it was one of the top tier/ Heritage quest items I was using that I unlocked by doing the heritage quest on one of the TLE servers. It would completely empty my mana pool as a sort of mana ward, even though I wasn't taking much damage, oddest thing. On paper the 50 listed stats were double what the boost gear was.

Too hard to restart as a returning player or, god have mercy on your soul, a new player.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Last was SF/Velious? Who knows with this current one, a crystal ball would likely give a correct answer.