Everquest II

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
THat will all change once you get to velious and on content.
What will change? Not the amount of content they can do. A warden and beastlord w/ mercs can duo just about everything in the game through DoV/AoD. I know people that are 3-manning w/ boxing some of the latest raid content, CoE.

Vithe once you start doing raids that have chests with plat in them dismiss the merc before you open the chest. Assuming it still lets you do that.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Dicking around on an Inq named Zraa if you want someone to run around with.

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
What will change? Not the amount of content they can do. A warden and beastlord w/ mercs can duo just about everything in the game through DoV/AoD. I know people that are 3-manning w/ boxing some of the latest raid content, CoE.

Vithe once you start doing raids that have chests with plat in them dismiss the merc before you open the chest. Assuming it still lets you do that.
Thanks for the tip bro
smile.png

Lodor_sl

shitlord

If all they do is duo with mercs they will not be doing anything besides solo quests and a few the easier groups unless they spend tons of plat buying loot rights to get strong enough to do the harder zones which at that time would be pointless to do for loot at least sicne all their raid bought loot would be way better than it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
If all they do is duo with mercs they will not be doing anything besides solo quests and a few the easier groups unless they spend tons of plat buying loot rights to get strong enough to do the harder zones which at that time would be pointless to do for loot at least sicne all their raid bought loot would be way better than it.
Probably not true. While not exactly the same thing, me (Coercer), plus my friend (dualbox Warden+SK) and 3 mercs cleared all of the CoE heroic content except for the last 3 bosses of Harrow's End, and even farmed x4 trash when they dropped an Obol from every mob. Some of the bosses were hard, particularly in Wurmbone's End.

We didn't use SLR at all, our characters are all wearing heroic stuff (mostly the token gear) and some of the rare drops from solo zones.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
THey sure must of gimped down every zone since i last logged in 1 month or so ago.
No this was at launch of CoE. I was one of the most vocal posters on the official EQ2 forums at CoE launch about all the ways they ruined the heroic players game with this xpac. Velious was a lot better, and SF was better still. My friend & I quit EQ2 in Jan and went back to SWTOR.

Throne, Temple and Dreadcutter are all incredibly easy and could definitely be duoed with 2 mercs. Chelsith too once they fixed the 2nd boss who was bugged and practically unkillable for ages. The first 4 bosses in Harrow's End aren't too hard either, but we never managed to kill the 5th (Fitzpitzle) due to lack of DPS in a trio.

Wurmbone's End, Crag and Sleeper's Tomb are all a step up in difficulty and some of the bosses involved a lot of dying before we managed to kill them in our two person trio. Merglok the Slasher was really really painful.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
One thing I always liked about EQ2 was the fact that any race can be any class. Stuff like Ogre mages and halfing bruisers were really cool.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

bieniewienie_sl

shitlord
If I haven't played since the "Sentinel's Fate" expansion, and I would like to get back into EQ2, will purchasing the latest expansion catch me up an all the content and unlock all the features? (With a 14.99 Membership that is). Thanks for the info!