Everquest II

ixian_sl

shitlord
Yeah, you still need Age of Discovery for Beastlord. Maybe try an offense-oriented healer class (Fury, Warden, Inquisitor, Mystic).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Most classes you can just macro all of the attack abilities into one button and mash that if you want to. On my bruiser I have one single target button, one AE button, one temp buff button. It's good enough to do most things.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
And from the free classes? Maybe wizard/warlocK?
I haven't played since the Odus expansion, so this may no longer be the case, but I recall having had four hotbars on my wizard: two for combat spells, one for buffs, and one for clickies and utility.

Your call if that's few enough, but there you go.

bieniewienie_sl

shitlord
Going to be returning to EQ2 with a few friends. Our intentions are to burn through all the levels and run dungeons with mercs. I am looking for the absolute sickest AoE Dps class. (like pull entire dungeon in one pull type of group). I'm assuming its going to be Warlock, but its been almost 6 years away from this game. We will be on AB. Thanks for any info.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just play SK then you can tank, AE DPS and self heal all at the same time in reckless stance.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I don't know anything about Warlocks, but my well geared L95 SK alt is pretty good as mass murder AoE. That's pretty much how I P/Led myself leveling; scoop up have the zone, burn them down. Would be cake now with mercs, too.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Can't comment on high level content, but my Lvl 45 Berserker is OP as fuck and does 8-10x more damage than an equally geared Warlock. It has to do with his 45 percent chance to auto-attack EVERTHING around him combined with the ridiculous mudflation on items. Naturally, melee will scale harder than casters.

Add in the built-in "get hit, heal yourself" Berserker healing (plus a healer merc) and I can AE down more mobs than is feasible for me to even try to clump together. Its hilarious but makes me feel bad for those sharing the dungeon with me.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Can't comment on high level content, but my Lvl 45 Berserker is OP as fuck and does 8-10x more damage than an equally geared Warlock. It has to do with his 45 percent chance to auto-attack EVERTHING around him combined with the ridiculous mudflation on items. Naturally, melee will scale harder than casters.
AE Auto does have a target limit, though (I think it's Primary Target + 4 Additional Targets?). PLing on Berserker was so much fun!

SK is also a good suggestion. They can get 40% AE Auto through AAs (and more through gear/procs later on), plus they have a lot of blue AEs, the hardest hitting of which (Grave Sacrament) does not have a target limit. To clarify for those who don't know: EverQuest 2 has "linked" encounters. If you target a mob, you'll see a targeting circle under them and their nameplates highlight as well. If there is more than one mob linked to an encounter, you will see the same thing happen to the linked mobs. Green AEs only apply to linked encounters, whereas blue AEs will hit any mob, linked or otherwise. Green/blue is determined by the background color of the icon ability.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how bad are the f2p restrictions in eq2? does not being able to equip higher tiers of gear limit characters badly?