Everquest II

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Yes just CoE.

I didn't mind DoV, it had great progression for heroic players.
Dov was not bad when they have all that was Promised done, However DoV does not get pass amoung the raiders and casuals or hell myself like most cause Sillus is the Derek Smart of SOE fucked up Itemization so badly.

ixian_sl

shitlord
I thought DoV's heroic progression was pretty crappy because you could pretty much skip ToFS thanks to public quest gear, and with the way the gear tiering worked out there was no reason to run anything but the Kael dungeons once you were able to complete them -- at least until they added the rare spawn mobs.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
That's what progression is. My group (trio) cleared tofs, then spire, then kael, then drunder. 12 different dungeons to run through progressively. By the time we were working on Drunder we could also go to tofs x2 and 3 man about 5-6 of the bosses for raid quality drops with red adorn slots, and get raid shards to buy red adorns with.

In CoE on the other hand I duoed dreadcutter, throne and temple which gave me the best possible heroic gear for the xpac and were also the easiest zones in the xpac... there was nothing to do after that so I cancelled and quit EQ2.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The Chronoportals Have Returned: March 21, 2013, through March 28, 2013!
The EQII Team has created this fun event as an homage to EverQuest in honor of the anniversary of the EverQuest franchise, and although the lore doesn't exactly fit the current story of EQII, they decided to make it extra enjoyable for those who were around for the first iteration of Norrath. Adventurers who take part in this journey through time will find some silly nods to EQ and moments of nostalgia as we reminisce about our heritage.

quillmane_th.jpg
Is this the first year they've done this, and if not, is it any good?

quillmane_th.jpg

ixian_sl

shitlord
No, it's not the first year. They were okay, you zone into modified EQ2 instances that have some EQ1 callbacks in them. At the time they introduced them the rewards were decent, but I'm not sure if they've been updated since then.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yea let's create these portal things to fight things from EQ1 and pay homage to like we should have just originally did when creating this game.
fucking soe

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
They probably made it to where you fight Fippy Darkpaw, Quillmane, etc. That's cool and all but I want to see 2-3 raid encounters. Exact replicas of Vox, Naggy, and at least one plane between PoF or PoH.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Shard of Fear was the worst; hated going there for the Defiler epic quest since there was some funky vision stuff going on as well.

90Proof_sl

shitlord
... Of course, with .5 second cast times and no GCD, you'll find that you are machine gunning the fuck out of that button until you get everything on cooldown. I therefore recommend a simple autohotkey key repeater script. Turn off ability queuing and just hold the button down.
Well now .... no GCD you say?
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It has ability cooldown it just works differently than most MMOs. Most of them do it the wow way which is there's a minimum amount of time that each ability must take (usually around 1.5 seconds), and if you use an ability that takes less than that you have to wait until you can use another one. So if you use an instant ability then you have to wait 1.5 seconds before you can start casting your next spell, but if you cast a 1.5 second cast time spell then you can immediately queue another ability.

In EQ2, there is a 0.5 second gap after each ability regardless of how long the cast time was, and this can be reduced (to a minimum of 0.25 seconds) by items/AA etc.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
That leads to whack a mole combat and 10 hot bars. Seriously, ability bloat in EQ2 sucks bad on all classes except beastlord

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
If anyone cares, there is a 5k SC (yes 5,000 SC) pink meatbeast mount up on the marketplace for today only. lol

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's not that bad, there's a whole lot to like. You've missed the boat now though, population isn't good enough to enjoy the journey, youll be stuck solo questing which is a weak part of the game.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
If you have 1-2 friends to play with you can have a hell of a good time levelling through the seriously immense amount of content in the game.