Everquest II

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He wasn't kidding, the raid progress page for eq2 is a sad sight. Are they having a hard time clicking cure fast enough?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I left in DoV, that's all the game had devolved to. Reaction speed for cures = win. Is that still the state of the game?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
When I left in DoV, that's all the game had devolved to. Reaction speed for cures = win. Is that still the state of the game?
When I stopped playing in Chains of Eternity it was that and "x number of deaths allowed" fail conditions.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was DoV itemization that made me leave. Raid hard mode for 0.2% betterer stats generic cut and paste items! /snooze

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
It was DoV itemization that made me leave. Raid hard mode for 0.2% betterer stats generic cut and paste items! /snooze
Supposedly that's a bit better with the team not being afraid to put procs on items anymore, however, there's some grind similar to that with adornments now from what I understand. Something like different colored adornments like DoV, except they increase the power of the item you're wearing as opposed to a different item. Dunno how I feel about that, but hey, procs!

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
The game hit an all time low around dov-early CoE, once end of COE content happened (pirates etc) and forth the game has come back a bit; its still not great but its not as bad as everyone says it is.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Sounds like a project. Need 23 other people to form the ultimate EQ2 steamroll guild. Must be adept at watching icons to cast cures.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like a project. Need 23 other people to form the ultimate EQ2 steamroll guild. Must be adept at watching icons to cast cures.
I know you say this in jest, but it was always a problem I had with EQ2. The 24 man raid cap. It is pretty fucking limiting excluding so many. You either ran a super tight ship with strict attendance requirements to get the same people raiding every night, or you were a normal guild and had spares of key classes and you had to force people to sit out on their ass all of the time.

It was par for the course with EQ2 though. Far too many restrictions put on the playerbase.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I seem to recall an absolutely retarded instance lockout system being the culprit there. I don't know if that was ever fixed, but it was extremely Fuck You.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Lockouts pre-persistent instancing were dumb (if you left the instance you were done), but lockout timers for persistent instances are generous to the point of being exploitable.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
The lockout exploit got fixed (lol @ exploiting it and running a zone 5 times a night but whatever) the game is dumb because i need 1/3 of my raid to be bards/chanters/ another 1/3 healers and 1/5 tanks, leaving hardly any room for dps and you have to run specific scouts because of max hp debuffs.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I actually downloaded this and looked at my characters, and did about three quests in Halas on a conj before uninstalling. Probably a new personal record in ratio of time spent downloading/installing vs playing. (I was playing Bloodborne so, at least no cpu cycles were wasted in this experiment)

I think my options were 90 illusionist on freeport or 70 brigand, 70 paladin on, uh, permafrost? And I guess they just straight up give you a lv90 if you really want to be fucking lost so at least I wouldn't be re-leveling through all that shit again. But christ, is this game clunky.

Also, I read that the game STILL stalls out with server lag on raids, throwing auto-attack damage all out of proportion and the wack-a-mole curing becomes impossible. They've had what, 10 years to fix this?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I actually downloaded this and looked at my characters, and did about three quests in Halas on a conj before uninstalling. Probably a new personal record in ratio of time spent downloading/installing vs playing. (I was playing Bloodborne so, at least no cpu cycles were wasted in this experiment)

I think my options were 90 illusionist on freeport or 70 brigand, 70 paladin on, uh, permafrost? And I guess they just straight up give you a lv90 if you really want to be fucking lost so at least I wouldn't be re-leveling through all that shit again. But christ, is this game clunky.

Also, I read that the game STILL stalls out with server lag on raids, throwing auto-attack damage all out of proportion and the wack-a-mole curing becomes impossible. They've had what, 10 years to fix this?
This has been my biggest gripe about the game for years. Why do they continue to add to this game and ignore core issues? Seriously? Is it so they can show forward progress to management? Does them make them feel better about themselves? Are they in denial? Are they hoping if they pile enough crap on top of the already existing issues it will go unnoticed? This game had some life left in it and had some real promise years ago and they simply looked away. I would give anything to spend about a hour with their dev team and just ask questions and/or rant for awhile. The only time anyone even acted like they cared about this game was when Scott was involved. Ponytail dug its grave and then these guys kicked the corpse in. I thought Holly might possibly change things but no dice.

Where's our resident SoE guy? I forgot his username already but get someone in here so I can complain and make myself feel better. That way we can all feel good about ourselves and continue to accomplish nothing.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I remember when I first joined EQ2 Alloria-FoH we were going for server first (world second?) Matron I think it was - outdoor mob in KOS. And the server lag was so bad that all combat responsiveness went completely away. You were just mashing your buttons and hoping things were happening. HP bars would update in giant chunks. And no one else seemed to notice because for them it was totally normal.

NadikOne_sl

shitlord
The Rum Cellar Campaign and class changes are now live on Beta! We appreciate everyone that's able to join us on the beta to help test this upcoming content.

While we'll continue to be reviewing reports we get in-game sent via /bug and /feedback, we'll also using Reddit as a place to collect feedback and bug reports from the Rum Cellar Campaign beta. If you haven't used this before, you can find it here:Everquest 2. The devs will be will be using Reddit as one of their primary ways to discuss and review Beta issues so we can stay current and have the community up-vote and down-vote relevant or irrelevant issues.

Please use the Full Download setting in the patcher for Beta. The streaming client is choking on some assets at the moment. You can use our Beta Copy feature by typing /beta on a character you want to copy.

We'll also be doing some performance testing on Beta and any help you can provide here is greatly appreciated!

We look forward to hearing what you think about the Rum Cellar Campaign! Your feedback on the upcoming campaign and other game content helps us make EverQuest II better!

Using reddit for feedback lol this could get good.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
tFH24VR.gif

Baby needs its bottle.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So they have an All Access sub, plus cash shop, plus pay for expansion and now pay for more DLC and no upcoming expansions in the future? Sounds legit. Daybreak is fucking nuts.