Everquest II

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
KOS had a few challenges like Matron? bitch with all the adds (harder than the instanced raids because FRAMERATE) but the rest of the contested were kinda easy I thought. Hell I think we were world #2 on that and several others.

WoW is starting to wear on me again so I'm really hoping to get a good guild on Stormhold. Right now there doesn't seem to be any one contender.

But I can only take the grind for so long. I tend to get drunk instead. Like now. I have the Rocky marathon keeping me going at 35...

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
KOS had a few challenges like Matron? bitch with all the adds (harder than the instanced raids because FRAMERATE) but the rest of the contested were kinda easy I thought. Hell I think we were world #2 on that and several others.

WoW is starting to wear on me again so I'm really hoping to get a good guild on Stormhold. Right now there doesn't seem to be any one contender.

But I can only take the grind for so long. I tend to get drunk instead. Like now. I have the Rocky marathon keeping me going at 35...
I fucking hated the matron. Was so based around luck and then it would take another 15 minutes to get to her after the first two mobs all to have your MT or something ported once she spawns.

Princes was a fun contested fight, Hurricanus was pretty easy, and MO was fucking dumb because it was just a fight against lag

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
God, I forgot how mind-numbingly earnest and stupid the population of EQ2 is. It's been fun and I'm enjoying the content but both my fury and zerker are getting close to 50 and I feel like I'm running out of things to do that are actually worthwhile.
Maybe it's just me but it's horrible on the PvP server. You had some morons that constantly ran and hide hoping to protect their precious titles and maintain their stats but the server is a ghost town at times. A lot of people playing the PvP server as a PvE game. I know you'll find some of that as you have to progress but it's like the B-Team PvE server with a few gankers. No one defends or competes for anything. It's really frustrating at times as I would think there would be 200 people fighting in a zone 24/7. Maybe it will line out later but so far i've went from high hopes to disappointed.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
There was never good PvP in this game. Games like WHO did it way better. All EQ2 ever was was gank. What the fuck is the point of that?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Depends what you mean by good. A lot of people had fun PvPing on Nagafen in the early days (myself included) which makes it good imo. It was definitely far from perfect but there was entertainment to be had.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm

Gambit (my guild) has the most amount of people who have raided in high end guilds, calaglin is leading it now so i think we will start to get some steam. The issue at the moment is there aren't any mobs to decide if someone is good. I can't speak about vision of vox because i haven't even attempted to pull it but i would assume its difficult if the bads couldn't kill it

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
Maybe it's just me but it's horrible on the PvP server. You had some morons that constantly ran and hide hoping to protect their precious titles and maintain their stats but the server is a ghost town at times. A lot of people playing the PvP server as a PvE game. I know you'll find some of that as you have to progress but it's like the B-Team PvE server with a few gankers. No one defends or competes for anything. It's really frustrating at times as I would think there would be 200 people fighting in a zone 24/7. Maybe it will line out later but so far i've went from high hopes to disappointed.
theres been alot of competition on deathtoll for contested raid mobs. last night darkhand ( who has like an X4 and an X3 block group) duked it out with an X4 of exiles. There was alot of lag though.

The best thing you can do for a fair fight is log onto an alt in the other faction and set up a 1v1-6v6.

and yes pvp is broken as fuck as its always been.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Man I used to raid as a defiler (healer right?) back when the top boss was the one with all the falling floors that you could do different difficults depending how you started the fight. Was actually one of the harder and fun raids of any MMO in the last 16 years. Think we were 7th or 8th world wide to finish, so many attempts trying to perfect that bitch.

I enjoyed EQ2 raiding but man as the main tank healer in that game combined with the insane amount of cure OR wipe bosses, it wore on a person. Almost wouldn't mind firing it up again.....god I made like 1500 dollars off my main and 1000 off my alt wizard account when I quit. Daddy was a happy camper.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I guess I sold at the right time. I made almost $2k off my guardian and brigand and our guild had long since suffered our slide into mediocrity, so my toons were geared like shit. Maybe full relic, shit out of Laboratory of Lord Vyemm?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh, auto-granted adventure pack spell, but can't upgrade it. Thanks anyway?

It's funny when I cast my temp proc buff, then pbaoe 5 encounters worth of runnyeye goblin packs and my maintained spells list fills up with dozens of dots and my damage spikes to apeshit. The filter they added is only for the buff window, right?

I finally got around to making a spam window so I can actually read chat. Man, these people talk about some seriously stupid shit. And naturally every few minutes someone talks about how superior it is to WoW. I can't help but eyeroll. It's all the same shit.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
There was never good PvP in this game. Games like WHO did it way better. All EQ2 ever was was gank. What the fuck is the point of that?
Gotta disagree. When PvP released in eq2 during the first push it was amazing. The shit we did on Venekor was incredible with contested raids. We were raiding contested mobs with 24 raiders and a raid for raid defense.. It was PvP at its finest... add in the fact that group mechanics still existed in PvP and the stat differences it was great, i am finding pvp to suck now because of the stat changes tbh and i stopped playing at 14... may try again.

One time we were in KOS fighting some mob that had not been killed yet and we announced it on the forums to encourage PvP it was mass fighting for over an hour as we attempted to bring down the drake on one of the islands... at the end they broke through pvp defense just has we killed the mob. OUr pvp defense rezzed and cleaned them out, rezzed us and we looted our server first kill. Best time in MMOs for me evar.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Break the rules, go to a new "prison" server?

403 Forbidden

Later this week we plan to release a server we are calling "Drunder," which is a "prison server." What does that mean, exactly? Ultimately, players who are caught breaking our rules and disrupting EQ2 live server gameplay will be flagged for this server, and no others -- ever. Characters on these accounts will be copied to Drunder (the "prison server") and can never leave or transfer to another server.

This is a server our Customer Service Game Masters have requested over the years in order to manage disruptive players. They will determine who goes there. As gamers, we recognize there are some players who like to step outside our rules.

Drunder will get no customer service support and it will require a maintained membership to access and play. Rather than disrupt live servers in an attempt to join the "prison server," players can use our /petition system and ask to join Drunder. To be clear: You won't be able to move individual characters to this server, while maintaining characters from the same account on another server. This is a ONE-WAY trip for an entire account forever.

Ultimately, players who break the rules - or want to - will have a world of their own to do. whatever they will.

As I said, this is an experiment. We wanted to see what happens given it's not a very common option.

Let's see where this takes us.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
One time we were in KOS fighting some mob that had not been killed yet and we announced it on the forums to encourage PvP it was mass fighting for over an hour as we attempted to bring down the drake on one of the islands... at the end they broke through pvp defense just has we killed the mob. OUr pvp defense rezzed and cleaned them out, rezzed us and we looted our server first kill. Best time in MMOs for me evar.
And then you realized you weren't actually playing a game but moving through a slideshow presentation.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Break the rules, go to a new "prison" server?

403 Forbidden

Later this week we plan to release a server we are calling ?Drunder,? which is a ?prison server.? What does that mean, exactly? Ultimately, players who are caught breaking our rules and disrupting EQ2 live server gameplay will be flagged for this server, and no others -- ever. Characters on these accounts will be copied to Drunder (the ?prison server?) and can never leave or transfer to another server.

This is a server our Customer Service Game Masters have requested over the years in order to manage disruptive players. They will determine who goes there. As gamers, we recognize there are some players who like to step outside our rules.

Drunder will get no customer service support and it will require a maintained membership to access and play. Rather than disrupt live servers in an attempt to join the ?prison server,? players can use our /petition system and ask to join Drunder. To be clear: You won?t be able to move individual characters to this server, while maintaining characters from the same account on another server. This is a ONE-WAY trip for an entire account forever.

Ultimately, players who break the rules ? or want to ? will have a world of their own to do? whatever they will.

As I said, this is an experiment. We wanted to see what happens given it's not a very common option.

Let's see where this takes us?
Yeah saw this seems pretty cool lol