Everquest II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys remember when items had a con system. Like you could wear an orange item but you wouldn't unlock its max stats?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
DOF->EOF was the best for me. Our guild world firsted Djinn Master in DOF and at the time it was crazy hard, took so many wipes and I still have chills from when it went down. Those fucking instruments. Fighting other guilds for KOS contested, and Avatars in EOF was also awesome. Same with Turtle/Matron fights.

I came back and played SF for a bit and that was super fun but I couldnt ever go back now.
you knew you were in a raiding guild when you logged into your 5 toons parked at avatars first b4 you logged into your main.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm getting an EQ2 itch. But I know I'll just resub, log on the TLE, run around for 10 minutes LFG and never play again

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who here remembers the Station Launcher?

That was the best (no sarcasm)

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
since its memories time again...

#1 /pizza

#2 curt schilling mob boss

curtschilling.jpg

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it was his pre-green monster phase, he used to be a big eq2 player. Also /pizza popped up dominos or something.

Also station launcher was good.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Curt and I played on the same server. He played a Troll Defiler named Ngruk on Unrest. Also he was in Drow.

• 1Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think the Curt mob was part of a charity event, or something ("we'll donate a dollar for every time someone kills Curt," or something along those lines).

And who else remembers having to complete a group quest chain to unlock every zone? There's an idea that was rightfully killed early.

One thing I will say, Solusek's Eye in EQ2 remains one of the best looking zones I've seen in an MMO.

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
Is anyone coming back for the unlock of Kingdom of Sky on the Kaladim TLE server October 29th? The guild <Faydark Knights> is holding a sort of leveling event for new players/returners and I'm trying hard not to go back to my Illusionist.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I ressubed Wednesday. Logged on, ran around Qeynos for 10 minutes, and havent logged back on since.

• 1Barf

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
EQ2 gives you way too much freedom to just log on and dick around for free on the Live servers if that's what you want to do. I've been casually farming my stable of nine crafters on the Halls of Fate server the past few weeks, for no gain whatsoever. In that way it's kind of soul-crushing, but the game like any other is really only fun with other people, and best way to get that now is on the TLE.

I'm blaming the completely random batch of people streaming this on Twitch recently, who weren't doing raids or weren't even any good at the game, for getting me back to this. It won't let go!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Remember when everyone used to congregate in their home cities and you had to visit the broker there?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Remember when everyone used to congregate in their home cities and you had to visit the broker there?

This is one of my favorite pieces to any game. I like when folks congregate places. It was a major part for EQ to me. I would see characters with new loot and such and it motivated me that much more. It was so fun to stop and talk to people and just hang out or travel together. This is a real piece of community missing in current MMO's.

Willow Wood >

"Gather around... Gather around.." Loved Willow Wood. I honestly loved most of EQ locations and especially loved the soundtrack. At the time, I thought the Voice Acting was a waste of time and money but looking back, it was memorable part of the game in many instances.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At the time, I thought the Voice Acting was a waste of time and money but looking back, it was memorable part of the game in many instances.

Still blows my mind that Voice Acting in a video game is as expensive as it is. I mean people from around the world would do plenty of that shit for peanuts if they would just launch that shit to a wider audience. It's cool when I hear voices like Sean O'Connery's but I'm not going to buy a game just because of it. Also, at the same time.. Voice Acting has almost became necessary over the years to compete. I remember playing Age of Conan and everything being voice acted, but once you left the noobie area, nothing was. It was so jarring that I think it had a lot to do with why I originally quit that game.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
you had to enter ppls specific houses in order to buy shit, if you were a crafter, you got to know the cities really fast.