Everquest II

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This may be 'free', but my time isn't. There's sooo many better options out there.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
Why not just add $35 to the price or make the price $35? I think they are trying to say all pre85 content is not important to the game. That the free trial isn't really a free trial. They just want to make believe this isn't so.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently they started offering the AoD stuff a la carte with this as well, for nearly twice the price as a bundle... Decisions like these make me leery to try eqnext.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
So I upgraded an alt on AB and went to The Great Divide... 3... Haven't seen Great Divide this populated since the PQ days... Also.. there is lots of SHOUTING and I was challenged to a duel. rofl gotta love it...

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Do you still need to buy an extra $40 expansion just to get mercenaries and reforging?

And is that wow deal still on? Sounds easier than moving both my mage (who has all my gold but is on fucking Sen'jin) and my rogue (who is on a shithole PVP server and I'm not putting up with PVP) just to play for two weeks and quit again.
I believe it's still on via the scroll but have to have cancelled over 12 months ago or some shit to qualify. Sen'Jin is probably one of the better balanced servers - not that it matters though because you can download oQueue and do pretty much anything cross realm enabled in minutes.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Logged in last night in Aussie prime time (so middle of the night in NA) on Nagafen which is a pretty dead server in general and the place was packed with new level 85s to fight... Pity the place will be a ghost town again in under a week.

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did streaming client for 20 minutes, made a level 85 necromancer, uninstalled. Maybe someday the itch will come back.
Did the same thing. I thought that this might spark some interest given how I am looking for something new these days. There is just something missing.

I hope this strums more interest for others. Just didn't do the trick for me.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played this for years, Does it have any decent LFG/group finder tools in it for dungeons and/or raids these days ?

penalty_sl

shitlord
I actually payed money to come back to this game a few months ago.. Didnt even make it a full night of playing. Burns my chaps.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They put in a group finder that nobody uses because the game does not have balanced dungeons, it has progressive dungeons so you get matched up with people that have no ability to finish. It also has (had?) a host of stupid problems like you accept an instance but someone else cancels, you get stuck with a lockout and no way to replace the person. It was also doing things like making groups with no tanks or healers (or multiple tanks/healers) and all kinds of other fail.

Basically it was made by people who didn't give a shit and they just let it stay broken. Much like every feature ever added to EQ/EQ2.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Well there's probably about 6 people total stretched over EQ and EQ2 at this point so I do pity them a bit. Not SOE themselves, just the slubs still having to work on the game.

Silence_sl

shitlord
They put in a group finder that nobody uses because the game does not have balanced dungeons, it has progressive dungeons so you get matched up with people that have no ability to finish. It also has (had?) a host of stupid problems like you accept an instance but someone else cancels, you get stuck with a lockout and no way to replace the person. It was also doing things like making groups with no tanks or healers (or multiple tanks/healers) and all kinds of other fail.

Basically it was made by people who didn't give a shit and they just let it stay broken. Much like every feature ever added to EQ/EQ2.
It wasn't used because of the dungeons (which are basically easily steamrolled these days), but because the matching system sucked. There were no level/class checks, so you could wind up with a group full of any class and/or you could wind up with classes of a level so far below the level of the dungeon that they were pointless to have along. No one in my guild used it more than twice.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Wait , wait. Just have to ask as I haven't played EQ2 in a long time.

But the past two posts stunned me.

Are you saying they made a group dungeon finder that doesn't look at classes at all and might just put 5 tanks together or all dps and no healer and so on ?

Surely , surely I am misunderstanding and SOE hasn't accomplished what I might consider the worst in game feature put in a game by a AAA company.

( and if true , have they ever actually explained this in any way ? )

Silence_sl

shitlord
Wait , wait. Just have to ask as I haven't played EQ2 in a long time.

But the past two posts stunned me.

Are you saying they made a group dungeon finder that doesn't look at classes at all and might just put 5 tanks together or all dps and no healer and so on ?

Surely , surely I am misunderstanding and SOE hasn't accomplished what I might consider the worst in game feature put in a game by a AAA company.

( and if true , have they ever actually explained this in any way ? )
Since when is SOE an AAA company?

Anyway, they put the LFG tool in 2 years ago in a horribly broken state and haven't touched it since.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
I really tried, 15 minutes is all it took for a clean uninstall.
Can't take it anymore, even with the heroic_ui hotbars.
It's still "press everything off CD" combat, hurray.

If you're only into housing then it's acceptable, I guess.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Since when is SOE an AAA company?

Anyway, they put the LFG tool in 2 years ago in a horribly broken state and haven't touched it since.
Sounds like typical SOE behavior. They love to introduce a new mechanic/concept/idea and then ignore it. EQ1 is littered with shitty gimmicks that were never developed, fleshed out, or even properly fixed from their initial introduction.

SOE needs to learn that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to mechanics.

kudos

<Banned>
Messed around with the LFD feature and gave up after wiping over and over with whatever the fuck kinda group I was in. I have no idea what was going on because there was no communication or way of telling me who had what role. As a new player it was frustrating.

On the bright side at least the dungeons looked good.