Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

vGrade

Potato del Grande
My brother got me high af and talked me into downloading the game. Somehow all my characters are gone. I may have deleted them in a fit of rage or something. 35 bucks to get ring of scale and another 35 bucks for a heroic char. WTF

He has a magician. I wanted to make an Enchanter

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you call customer service you can probably get them to re-instate your characters.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Has anyone used ControlSend in Autohotkey to send keystrokes to an inactive EQ window? Seems a useful tool but I don't think it'll work for what I'm trying to do. (send individual keystrokes to inactive EQ windows)

Eonan

Doer of Things
Tuco Tuco saw your box posts on the Live forums. Question for you, since you seem to be focused on similar content that I am (group stuff, story progression, etc.) is there a good walk-through guide for the various Expansion storyline quests for Empires of Kunark and Ring of Scale? When I quit I was 4-boxing through the TDS group storyline and somewhat enjoying it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco Tuco saw your box posts on the Live forums. Question for you, since you seem to be focused on similar content that I am (group stuff, story progression, etc.) is there a good walk-through guide for the various Expansion storyline quests for Empires of Kunark and Ring of Scale? When I quit I was 4-boxing through the TDS group storyline and somewhat enjoying it.
Empires of Kunark Progression - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Ring of Scale Progression - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Eonan

Doer of Things
My brother got me high af and talked me into downloading the game. Somehow all my characters are gone. I may have deleted them in a fit of rage or something. 35 bucks to get ring of scale and another 35 bucks for a heroic char. WTF

He has a magician. I wanted to make an Enchanter
May be a bit late now but when you purchase a Heroic Character, it flags the account for that many Heroic Characters. This means that if you accidently created the wrong class (I did the same thing several times...) you can just delete the character and create a new one. When I first came back to the game two years ago I did not know this and wound up with two heroic character "slots" on the account.

Has anyone used ControlSend in Autohotkey to send keystrokes to an inactive EQ window? Seems a useful tool but I don't think it'll work for what I'm trying to do. (send individual keystrokes to inactive EQ windows)
No idea, I use ISBoxer to manage multiple characters at once, as does Tuco if I recall correctly.

sukik

No idea, I use ISBoxer to manage multiple characters at once, as does Tuco if I recall correctly.

Right on, I've used ISBoxer in the past, but I was looking for another way since I only want to do 2-3 characters. I ended up hooking WinEQ window switching to my naga thumb buttons and it works good enough for 3 characters.

sukik

I did this with, but with WoW. Do you want hints how to write your scripts?
I found documentation, examples and discussion about how to do it, but never found verification that it works with EQ. The only discussions I found were about how inactive EQ windows wouldn't accept the commands from autohotkey. None of the discussions I found about using it in wow had any of the same issues. I just wanted to see if anyone had gotten it to work in EQ, because the feeling I got from the discussions I read and my own testing are that it doesn't work with EQ.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I was thinking about going through progression after VOA, but wanted to box through it. I've never used a boxing program and I'm finding that alt-tabbing is kind of annoying in sticky situations. How easy is ISBoxer to setup and use?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I found documentation, examples and discussion about how to do it, but never found verification that it works with EQ. The only discussions I found were about how inactive EQ windows wouldn't accept the commands from autohotkey. None of the discussions I found about using it in wow had any of the same issues. I just wanted to see if anyone had gotten it to work in EQ, because the feeling I got from the discussions I read and my own testing are that it doesn't work with EQ.
I have never seen anyone or anyway to send keys to specific windows in EQ via AHK. The only way I've seen is through WinEQ, ISBoxer (what I use) or MQ2 (which I have no experience with).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking about going through progression after VOA, but wanted to box through it. I've never used a boxing program and I'm finding that alt-tabbing is kind of annoying in sticky situations. How easy is ISBoxer to setup and use?
It's not easy, but once you get a few things working it makes it worth it.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Using the VideoFX feature in ISBoxer has made running 5 characters MUCH easier. It makes for easier "driving" on the main toon without having to constantly switch between windows unless its an emergency.

Here's a picture of how it currently looks, knowing that once I finish leveling the Paladin (and gearing) he'll be the "driver" instead of the Beastlord.

7HfSm

7HfSm

Boxin VideoFX.png

My goal tomorrow is to finally get their ClickBars working for my Cleric so I can run her from the main character window as well, the goal being to be able to click a party member on the Cleric's "party window" and have it target that member, then cast a heal.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Soo uhh, does anyone play on Povar still or know someone who does? I'm looking to see if it's possible to get my account back I sold when WoW came out to a guildie. Would have been when Forces Unknown was around.

Hey I was in Forces Unknown too!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Using the VideoFX feature in ISBoxer has made running 5 characters MUCH easier. It makes for easier "driving" on the main toon without having to constantly switch between windows unless its an emergency.

Here's a picture of how it currently looks, knowing that once I finish leveling the Paladin (and gearing) he'll be the "driver" instead of the Beastlord.

7HfSm

7HfSm

View attachment 162804

My goal tomorrow is to finally get their ClickBars working for my Cleric so I can run her from the main character window as well, the goal being to be able to click a party member on the Cleric's "party window" and have it target that member, then cast a heal.
Looks good!

I use a combination of the click bars + gina for timers on those bars to great effect.
VTVFnrH.png

Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!) | Page 6 | EverQuest Forums

Also I gave up trying to single-target heal my group outside my tank. I have a button that just casts the cleric's AE heal which is actually pretty good if a second or two slower than a remedy.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Hey I was in Forces Unknown too!

I know, how could I forget?! Oumarbuk was my warrior.. Sold him to Murillo and he was used by Floydian, Nizadar, and I think Naerron? Pretty much anyone in team Archie used him I think.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Looks good!

I use a combination of the click bars + gina for timers on those bars to great effect.
VTVFnrH.png

Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!) | Page 6 | EverQuest Forums

Also I gave up trying to single-target heal my group outside my tank. I have a button that just casts the cleric's AE heal which is actually pretty good if a second or two slower than a remedy.
Honestly I have found the same without click bars set up for it, so I may just go with that.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I know, how could I forget?! Oumarbuk was my warrior.. Sold him to Murillo and he was used by Floydian, Nizadar, and I think Naerron? Pretty much anyone in team Archie used him I think.

I remember you! I never sold my account but Lynn wanted me to let her use it after I quit to go play WoW so I let her. A few months/years go by and one day I randomly see her online on Skype or mayber MSN back then and asked her how things were going in EQ and she said she got my account banned with her illegal shenanigans. I wasn't happy but I wasn't playing anymore so eh. A few more years passed and I got an itch to check the game again, and I'm not sure how but my account was un-banned and I could log on.. found my original toon, with all the gear I had plus some nice extras Lynn had farmed while I was gone like the High Elf illusion mask and a few other cool items.

Fooled around for a couple days and quickly remembered that the good old times should stay in the past because those feelings are long gone and cannot be replicated. Still, was a fun experience to run around zones and raids as a my stealthed max level rogue.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
AHK will broadcast, just takes a bit to set up, like any of the other boxing software solutions. Keyclone is another one i fooled around with for a bit, but same thing i noticed with AHK, i just preferred using isboxer for broadcasting. HotkeyNet is another broadcasting program, but have no experience with it.

Eonan

Doer of Things
We're Celebrating 19 Years of EverQuest!

Looks like 1.5x XP running from Friday through to the end of the month.

There is apparently a type 7 Aug reward for completing all of the Anniversary missions. I can't remember the exact stats but someone in guild chat last night said something along the lines of +25 Heroic Stats and +500 HP/Mana/End. No idea if the Anniversary quests are repeats of previous years or not, but am kind of excited that they're all DoDH/Mayong themed, it was by far my favorite expansion.

The bonus XP running for so long comes at a great time for me. I just got my box group to 99 last night (minus the Wiz/Beast who are 106 already). I will probably lock them at 100 and run COTF HA's and do all of COTF progression for the first week or so, then work to 105 for the last week.

Since the XP will run for so long, and given that there appears to be no ETA on account transfers coming back, I'm just going to level a Berserker for my 6th slot. I had previously planned on transferring my 105 Rogue off of my Paladin's account, and probably still will once they re-enable transfers, but will take advantage of the bonus XP to play a class that I've never actually tried.