Everquest - Live Servers

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Two vids:

The first is me farming some golems for my berserker's hoarded worker's sledgemallet. This is pretty easy killing, but shows how I move around with a melee group and keep everyone on target. You'll here gina whining at me by saying "See" everytime my berserker doesn't see his target, and "far" when his target is too far away. This can get pretty annoying but is critical to me keeping my melee team on target. I'm running with selos here, and you can see how easy it is for my team to run around and separate. With Selo's It's not uncommon for /follow to fail here and someone runs circles around my warrior or gets stuck somewhere, but it didn't happen this time. It's especially worse while recording because of the performance hit. As shown in the OP of this thread I have everyone visible at all times, which allows me to easily see when someone gets stuck. You can also see that I regularly make use of press the attack / grappling strike to maneuver the mobs rather than try to move my team.

The second video is me pulling a couple easy packs of mobs around the Myrmidon Tundak Spawn. On this one I popped all my defensive cooldowns and my ranger/bard/beastlord's 100% proc buffs (they are all dual wielding ToT healing proc sticks), so this is a fairly trivial fight. You can see Tucoh's health never drops beneath 90% or so, because he's just getting blasted by ToT healing sticks.

I used Open Broadcasting Software to record, which allows me to show gina timers which I find critical to show what's going on. I have a more verbose description of what those bars are in this thread, but you can see my defensive stuff on the left, my ADPS on the right etc. You can see the I S Boxer grid in the bottom left, which I use to track my bard's vainglorious shout, my ranger/bard/beastlord's 100% proc buffs, my team's horn of unity and my team's circle of power buffs.

Gamparse output for killing golems:
A cliff golem in 207s, 124715k @602489
--- Tucoh 33563k@(162926 in 206s) [26.91%]
--- Tucos + pets 32881k@(160394 in 205s) [26.36%]
--- Lelentos 20971k@(102801 in 204s) [16.82%]
--- Tucob + pets 15519k@(75702 in 205s) [12.44%]
--- Tucolord + pets 14581k@(71475 in 204s) [11.69%]
--- Tucocat 4206k@(20619 in 204s) [3.37%]
--- Tucodog 2974k@(14509 in 205s) [2.38%]

Gamparse output for the two group pull:
A Fereth partisan in 82s, 87196k @1063368
--- Tucos + pets 34614k@(449529 in 77s) [39.7%]
--- Tucoh 20802k@(253688 in 82s) [23.86%]
--- Tucob + pets 12330k@(158081 in 78s) [14.14%]
--- Lelentos + pets 11687k@(146087 in 80s) [13.4%]
--- Tucolord + pets 4862k@(63147 in 77s) [5.58%]
--- Tucocat 2772k@(36000 in 77s) [3.18%]
--- Tucodog 122k@(17498 in 7s) [0.14%]

On review, I feel like the biggest thing these videos show is that I'm clearly not getting everything I can out of my ranger / beastlord. I mean, my bard is out DPSing them on the two group pull (Though he got half his DPS from vainglorious shout). They are still getting important AAs, but I've got to figure something out for them.

If anyone has any recommendations/critique, feel free. Same with questions, though they may be answered earlier in this thread in this post and the few that follow it:
Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!) | Page 6 | EverQuest Forums

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
No clue why you guys use ISBoxer over MQ2. Hell, the /stick command in MQ2 is worth it alone. Plus you can /bct /bca (broadcast commands) a plethora of commands to do anything you like. What does ISB have that made you choose it? Just curious.

Well I had heard that ISboxer was the thing to use, but I am trying out MQ2 and holy shit. It took me < 30 minutes to set up, I'm not confused at all, and I"m fucking slaughtering shit. I've spent probably 4-5 hours working on ISBoxer and all I have to show for my time is a barely functioning /follow and /assist broadcast macro. As soon as I figure out how to get my shaman to debuff everything when I pull multiples I'm fucking golden.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Eonan

Doer of Things
Last I heard MQ2 was still a banable program, where as ISBoxer is not since it has no built in automation features. That is ultimately the reason I started using it, and why I went back to it this time. I really like a lot of the newer features. Will post some updated screen shots later

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Banable if you are automating sure, but I always manually used BCT commands to tell a shaman to /assist /cast slow, cleric to /tar jysin /cast heal etc.

The people who full-on AFK automation are the ones getting banned.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
You have to pay for it. I got the yearly subscription so it came out to about $7 month, paid at once it was like $80. If you do month-to-month it ends up being like $10-12. I did see you can pay in 4-week increments with Krono tho (lol). I got a 2-year ISBoxer subscription for $75 due to a promo, and I'll still probably use ISBoxer for a few things (once I figure it out). I think a year of ISBoxer is $50.

I went from 80 to about 82.5 in about 3 hours on my SK yesterday from pulling singles of the yard trash in the lower floors of House of Thule. Even without the exp bonus that'd be fairly efficient I think. I could probably get better exp from instance tasks but I am still quite pleased with how well MQ2 worked. I had to tweak my settings once or twice for efficiency, but I've still spent < 45 minutes in the .ini file setting things up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't used MQ2 but I know some folks who do. I haven't heard of anyone who uses it but doesn't do AFK automation getting banned.

I'd use it myself, but I think if I started using it, I'd go down a dark hole of automation that I'd never be able to crawl out of. And the further I got into that hole, the less fun the game would be.

It's like when I played Diablo2, I had fun for months. Then I started a Pindlebot, ran it 24/7 for a week, looked at how much loot I got, then gave it all away and uninstalled the game, lol.

I could be wrong about all of that, but I really do enjoy how high the skillcap it is in my 6box setup and know that it'd be much lower if I could, for instance, program my shaman to intelligently switch from healing my warrior to debuffing mobs as they come in. Part of the fun is setting up the system and configuring it, but I feel like I have a good balance right now.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, the APS required to run such a heavy melee group at high efficiency in EQ bums me out. Meanwhile a competitively designed caster group does marginally less damage for drastically reduced APS requirement.

I'd really like a game designed around running a composition of characters as the basic gameplay unit. I know a few asian ones exist, but they suck and they follow the typical asian style in any case. I want FF12 gambits, which are less sucky Dragon Age tactics, and very solid orchestrated movement layered on open world PvP. /stick is good, but I want something more significant like formations established in the tactics/gambit system urging my opportunistic damage dealers into proper positions of range and orientation.

Like, basically, bake the stuff you'd get from a boxer app into the game natively.

That is a nice setup you've got running, I just get worn out trying to maintain that. MQ2 makes it convenient to up your potential without increasing the button mashing at all.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like, basically, bake the stuff you'd get from a boxer app into the game natively.

Ive been calling for this for a few years now. I mean it makes sense, no? Basically anyone playing on live servers is boxing in some way or another. Dishing out $$$ for multiple accounts, so its time they integrated some tools into the game to make this happen more smoothly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
EQ devs are so underfunded that I wouldn't want them to even try that.

There are a few things they can do to improve boxing without specifically making tools for it though. Ex: improving /follow and improving the way abilities / discs / socials fire.

Eonan

Doer of Things
EQ devs are so underfunded that I wouldn't want them to even try that.

There are a few things they can do to improve boxing without specifically making tools for it though. Ex: improving /follow and improving the way abilities / discs / socials fire.

/follow is the bane of my existence, but I've been having to deal with it so long that I am just used to not pressing "F" (my follow broadcast) unless they're right next to my driver. The problem I found is that if the character has to move in order to reach the correct follow range, and isn't facing the correct direction already, they will do the Circle of Doom that results in massive trains and characters winding up all over the place.

I'd kill for a "#showtooltip" function though if I am being honest...especially for some of my Paladin's defensive macros.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/stick behind 5 uw

For those of you out of the MQ2 loop, that stick command is baller. The "uw" flag is for underwater. Your toons will follow up and down the Z axis. (also works to keep your chars at the same altitude with levitate)

Ditch that primitive ISBoxer crap.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
hold is the part that lets them change targets and keep their stick to the original target right?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hold is the part that lets them change targets and keep their stick to the original target right?

Yes, otherwise the toon would start sticking to whatever target (even aggro NPCs) they changed their target to until the /stick off command is given.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Don't know what classes you have mate but I'd definitely find a spot for a Rogue.
I don't know much about rogues and what they can offer utility/dps/adps wise.

Right now my group is war/brd/ber/sha/bst/rng. What do you think would be best to replace with a Rogue?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jesus the last couple pages makes playing this "game" nowadays sound fucking awful

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was big into MQ2, i had 6 toons going and slaughtered shit. I had some pretty complicated scripts going. Sometimes I would even take over my friends 6 toons as well and have 12. I found that MQ2 made the game more fun for me. I had more fun setting that shit up and optimizing then playing the game. I haven't played for a really long time.