Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This is good and bad.

The flip side of the argument is you just promoted one of the few technocrats on the planet capable of keeping the lights on and she'll have little time to devote to her technical expertise.

I love JChan. She seems like she genuinely loves EQ and deserves the promotion and increase in salary as much as anyone on Earth. But there is no replacing her labor and that doesn't portend well.

Does she have the vision and leadership skills required to be CEO and franchise director? I don't know, but I'm happy for her that she gets to answer that question for us.

Seems like the kind of place where everyone has their specific title, but since there's only like 8 people on the staff in a creative / technical capacity so sometimes just whoever is around ends up having to put on their gloves and get to work at whatever needs to get done no matter who it would get delegated to in a perfect world. I'm sure she'll still be able to get her programming expertise put to good use. Perhaps they've even been having her train a lackey or two to help her out in that regard.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Seriously, how does she see?
20200311_211040.jpg

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well so much for having a WoW Classic+ in the future. She wouldn't do make new expansions for EverQuest TLP, so there's no chance she will do it for WoW Classic. Damn it.

That's a massive assumption. She didn't have resources to make TLP expansions for everquest. They barely had enough resources to make one expansion a year for the live crowd with the measly six or seven zones in it. Blizzard has money and people.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Holly was always really approachable and I thought fairly honest. It's just difficult to tell how much is the lack of vision/talent of the people or mismanagement/lack of resources of Daybreak.... maybe its both. I stopped keeping up with most of these folks but I still wish someone would get the EQ IP and do something with it. It deserves one more chapter at least..... it did far more for the genre than I think even most MMO players even realize.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I can't really complain about her myself, always seemed like she communicated with players. As a player, SOE/DBG/DPG/WTFBBQ has seemed like a cheap, money grubbing, mini-mall HQ type company for over a decade now, at least the way it's managed, not a slight on the devs/employees there at all really. From the outside it looks like a shitty place to live out your game dev dream career. The priorities for the games always seem off, or just simply baffling.

I mean currently in EQ2 they just released a Western themed bit of content during the Luclin expansion, Diaku dressed up as cowboys, one boss encounter involves riding a mechanical bull, ect. This is a GU update, not a event that goes on for a week or 2. I mean it's not badly done, but I'm playing Everquest, only a small part of Luclin has been released so far, basically none of the underground zones at all from EQ1, I'd like to see more of LUCLIN, ya know? Why cowboys all of sudden? Only leather I remember is rockhopper hides and I think AHR had some kind of fetish thing going?

• 1Worf

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I read this today.... Dumbest thing I've seen come to an EQ game. They have completely lost touch.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well so much for having a WoW Classic+ in the future. She wouldn't do make new expansions for EverQuest TLP, so there's no chance she will do it for WoW Classic. Damn it.

Good.

New expansions for wow classic would be made by the same people making new expansions for live. They would resemble live. They would feel like live. If you want new content, you go play live, classic+ will NEVER give it to you.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Good.

New expansions for wow classic would be made by the same people making new expansions for live. They would resemble live. They would feel like live. If you want new content, you go play live, classic+ will NEVER give it to you.

Sadly true.

WoW Classic+ that was just new dungeons or content patches that tried to stay relatively close to the Classic feel would be nice though. I would revisit Classic after 15 years if that was the case.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Whats the setup program wise etc to multibox on EQ? I never tried it before and might try it for a laugh.
For live most people box without software, use a program called inner space boxer (ISB) or use a program called macro quest 2 (MQ2). I use inner space boxer. I have a thread on the official forums where I talk about it here:

but you can just watch this vid to see what's going on. Not pictured is my bard's screen.

Maul

Dental Dammer
For live most people box without software, use a program called inner space boxer (ISB) or use a program called macro quest 2 (MQ2). I use inner space boxer. I have a thread on the official forums where I talk about it here:

but you can just watch this vid to see what's going on. Not pictured is my bard's screen.

That is quite awesome, I read the first few posts on that forum of yours and I must admit im pretty lost, I stopped playing during Gates of Discord, I imagine the amount of content now would be almost too much to wrap your head around, how do subs and things work if you wanted to start boxing? Also, how viable is it to even start something like this now, would be it horrendously painful to get upto a stage where I could go and clear Ntov and sleepers tomb for nostalgia?

B_Mizzle

Nice setup. I broke down and have been grinding a 6 box of heroic toons. Been using MQ2 and kissassist, not true boxing but it's fun for me. They are all about to hit 110 today and I'm having to decide should I drop the money to buy 4 more copies of velious right before TLP drops?

B_Mizzle

LOL I just realized I watched your Griklor video and didn't even realize it was you, you motivated me to go from 4-6 boxes. I figured if someone can ISBox 6 and clear current content I can mq2 6 and do it.