Everquest - Live Servers

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, 'no stacking of lines' was an attempt at addressing the consolidating the debuff-limit. To balance that, they had to increase the base-damage of Dots, since you could not longer stack them for maximum damage. End result, you cast less spells, do the same or more damage, and have a better chance of sharing slots with the other people on your raid/party.

Seems logical and should have probably been in since the beginning. But I can still see in a raid setting, where none of your shit is going to fit in the mob debuff limit because EVERYONE has 5 things they can stick on the mob, consolidated necro dots or not. I can see why people would complain that this bandaid-fix basically did nothing.

In the quote above, what is 'Forcallen's' issue with this fix? What does he and the other Necro's suggest for a better fix?

tldr: He doesn't want to be stupid OP for a couple months (in the summer where it doesn't matter anyway) only for them to swing wildly the other way and nerf the class to oblivion for the entirety of the next expansion. As for what his suggestions are, I don't know. Necros have been trying to help devs for four years and as many expansions on this shit and everytime the devs work on it they fuck it all up. The approach they have to consolidate seems fine to me, just they have as much mathematical basis for their spell values as the kid who realized there's a reverse side to his multiple-choice math test 30 seconds before the test ended.

Please don't go through with all these dot changes and listen to the feedback from people in the know.

The one dot below will be doing 60k a tic base, plus an avg 104% focus effect with raid arms, another 45% from bard aria, 80% crit rate passive and a 390% crit mod passive. Thats going to be 100k dps in a single cast passive in a supported group and thats ignoring passive and activated twincast and burn tools.

Pyre of Klraggek Rk. III:

- Mana Cost changed from '4481' to '16756'

- Slot 1 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 6240 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 16267 per tick'
Gunna need you to up to HP on the Test dummies so the first one doesn't die from 3 DoTs as I start DoTing the 5th one, only got up to about 3.5mil DPS, not even close to what I'd be able to do with 10 targets on raids and some ADPS
Correct, I don't want 1-2 months of insanity (beating everyone in burst and sustained no matter the circumstances) and then he just takes 40% of the damage back, leaves the mana cost as it is and then adds 15s recast timers to 3 of our dot lines. I don't want to end up quitting since he destroys the class for 9 months if not forever because he didn't listen.

We didn't need a full dot revamp after Dzarn's changes. We needed the "Wounds" dot line revamped so 5 casts became 1 with it only doing like 3 versions worth of damage but the duration before the doom being cut drastically.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there still enough end-game players to result in certain classes being benched in current EQ? I figured the population was significantly reduced and that most people still willing to raid would find spots.

That said, I can understand how people who have played their class for upwards of 20 years would be frustrated at a lack of dev willingness to address long outstanding issues.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That's the bizarre world of eq devs. They will talk and listen and then do shit no one suggested or wanted as if they were going in blind. It's baffling.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They really need to add a catchup mechanism for gearing, specifically augs. I leveled up a group of boxes and the SK tank even in TOV group gear is not capable of tanking anything remotely recent named wise because his augs are so outdated or absent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
IIRC I think one of the suggestions back during the HOT/VOA era was to remove the stacking from the same line and incorporate bonuses for stacking "complementary" DoT lines. So, for example, if you had a poison + disease DoTs up you'd get a "bonus" of some sort to damage, duration, and/or % of mana returned.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Just got to lvl 60 with my Bard/SK/Mage/Cleric box army, Had so much fun doing it, done 100aa and 50-60 in velks lab in barely any time at all, wiped myself by pulling Sorcerer by accident tho :p

No idea where to head too now, Maybe Sebillis? Or Chardok and farm the assling illusion mask for the bard? I stopped in gates of discord so Honestly have no idea where to go, I kinda want to see most of the stuff ive missed on route, leveling super fast is a nice option, but I prefer to see lots of the content I missed.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
man thoose DoT changes while nice , I can already see the nerf hammer coming after awhile.. We had the same problem with House of Thule Wiz's pissing and moaning cause all the sudden Necros were the kings of sustained DPS(Which is what we are suppose to be). Did they ever fix Death Bloom ? or is it still borked...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just got to lvl 60 with my Bard/SK/Mage/Cleric box army, Had so much fun doing it, done 100aa and 50-60 in velks lab in barely any time at all, wiped myself by pulling Sorcerer by accident tho :p

No idea where to head too now, Maybe Sebillis? Or Chardok and farm the assling illusion mask for the bard? I stopped in gates of discord so Honestly have no idea where to go, I kinda want to see most of the stuff ive missed on route, leveling super fast is a nice option, but I prefer to see lots of the content I missed.
If you want efficiency:

If you just want to see new stuff:

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Test Update 05/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions
- Added the /usurp command. This command allows a senior officer to take leadership of their guild if the guild does not currently have a guild leader, or if the guild leader has been offline for more than a year.
88f628f235a5fa6961063ba6c2fa2df1.jpg

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
- Added the /usurp command. This command allows a senior officer to take leadership of their guild if the guild does not currently have a guild leader, or if the guild leader has been offline for more than a year.

Mind-blowing.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

sieger on suicide watch

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
30 hour+ down time for a small patch and server mergers. I guess the 2 people working over there are just to busy to open the servers not involved with the mergers.

• 1Worf

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Downtime extended until 1:00 AM EST tonight. Looks like they did a major fucking oopsie, which brings 0 surprise at this point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just got a text from Holly, she says they fuckin' burned the servers down. Everyone's shit is deleted.

They're going to roll out 10 new "TLP" servers starting at classic+kunark with 3x experience and 3x drop rates with 2 month unlocks. XP/drops go to normal when it reaches live.

• 1Seriously?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just got a text from Holly, she says they fuckin' burned the servers down. Everyone's shit is deleted.

They're going to roll out 10 new "TLP" servers starting at classic+kunark with 3x experience and 3x drop rates with 2 month unlocks. XP/drops go to normal when it reaches live.
1590020408997.png

For old times sake.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

A whole lot of senior officers just got demoted.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
30 hour+ down time for a small patch and server mergers. I guess the 2 people working over there are just to busy to open the servers not involved with the mergers.

I'd like Darkpaw to release some accounting. I just can't fathom how they are so broke they can't even do a server merger or patch downtime a reasonable amount of time.