Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yup that's really bad news that he's willing to post all that. He's probably decided that he won't be there much longer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yup that's really bad news that he's willing to post all that. He's probably decided that he won't be there much longer.
It's bad news that:
1. everyone suspected what he posted was already true
2. that he felt comfortable posting it
3. that he didn't wake up the next morning, shake his head and delete it and tell anyone who replied to keep their mouths shut.
4. that DBG management hasn't deleted it (It's been up for a month or so).

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe we’ll get a disgruntled employee jack us the Vanguard source code and we can all ride off into the sunset 15 years from now when computers can finally run it!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Maybe we’ll get a disgruntled employee jack us the Vanguard source code and we can all ride off into the sunset 15 years from now when computers can finally run it!

I don't even want too know how much of Live's Code is actually untouched from the 989 days, I stopped caring when they nerfed Necro's into the ground, cause "They couldn't think of any other way too balance them..." Wizards had there ass's handed too them via DPS and cried like a little bitch.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Well we know who will be let go next round of layoffs! (him and everyone else left on the skeleton crew not willing to work 100 hours a week anymore ontop of pay cuts).

It really grinds my gears when employers pay less and expect more because the job is "fun" or there is a line waiting for the job. The best qualified should be hired for the job, not the ones willing to work overtime for free the most because its a "fun" job.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
2000 out of 4000 lifetime subs sold. That's really hard to believe. I just can't believe with their history, especially recent, that people would invest that much money. Oh well...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
2000 out of 4000 lifetime subs sold. That's really hard to believe. I just can't believe with their history, especially recent, that people would invest that much money. Oh well...

What shocks me is people pay for subs instead of Kronos.

• 1Like

tarb

Trakanon Raider
I don't believe it, I think they are just trying to use the "they are selling fast better get them before they are gone" to try and push sales. Why would they put a limit on something like this in the first place?

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Lifetime membership sounds like a last ditch effort to save the company.
Let's be honest here, $1.2M isn't going to save the company, it might barely cover one month's salary and operating expenses.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
What shocks me is people pay for subs instead of Kronos.
Lot of live server people either don't play the TLP krono game or don't know how to make the necessary money to play for free, especially with live Krono prices.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I know you think it's funny, but it's true. I was an officer in one of the top guilds in the current game and casually played in a couple of mid game ones and was surprised at how few people in the guild could actually make money. In an active roster of about 65-70 people, there were a handful of members in each guild who used krono to pay for their entire subs. And of those handful, only a couple could also do it for their box accounts.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I am surprised Dzarn was that candid. Where was his post originally posted?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am surprised Dzarn was that candid. Where was his post originally posted?
on forums that anyone who bought the game before release could see. There was no expectation of privacy (if there was I wouldn't havep osted it).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know you think it's funny, but it's true. I was an officer in one of the top guilds in the current game and casually played in a couple of mid game ones and was surprised at how few people in the guild could actually make money. In an active roster of about 65-70 people, there were a handful of members in each guild who used krono to pay for their entire subs. And of those handful, only a couple could also do it for their box accounts.
I'm one of the plebs who isn't making any money. RoS was actually pretty good for making money because of the crafted gear that everyone wanted. This expansion? Not so much. I'm losing $$ because each piece of visible armor costs 20-26k plat to make. The only valuable trade item (primordial essences) I'm actually consuming to get that T3 gear and I think most people who are getting a lot of the No Drop items you need for T3 gear are raid geared, so I'm one of the few people who are primordial essence starved.