Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
So it's looking like EQ is going to be getting Garrison Missions from WoD or something for anniversary this year.

Test Patch Notes said:
- Become the Overseer! Gain the loyalty of iconic Agents and protect Norrath from the ever-present ripples of Discord. Send your Agents on harrowing Overseer Quests, into moments spanning the entirety of Norrath's history, and restore balance where you can. Along the way you'll gain fabulous rewards and grow in power. You may even draw the attention of Norrath's most famous heroes, and perhaps a few particularly nefarious villains. Do you have what it takes to gain the allegiance of Norrath's elite?
- Access the Overseer interface via the [EQ Menu] >> [Quests] >> [Overseer] menu option, or by entering the command /overseer.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are as bad as Blizzard when it comes to pushing current content that nobody wants to play.

Hint: people aren't playing miragul. Making it easier to get to get to current content was never the problem. The current content just isn't what the majority of people want to play.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So it's looking like EQ is going to be getting Garrison Missions from WoD or something for anniversary this year.
Why the fuck would I want to tell some NPC to go have fun playing the game and report back to me when they are done when the whole point of playing a MMORPG is for ME to go play the fucking game?!?!?!!!!??!!!!

Who comes up with these retarded ideas?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why the fuck would I want to tell some NPC to go have fun playing the game and report back to me when they are done when the whole point of playing a MMORPG is for ME to go play the fucking game?!?!?!!!!??!!!!

Mobile micro-transaction "gaming".

Ryoz

<Donor>
Just put a ticket in to get my alt/hydra account back. Not sure when I lost access but haven’t played it since 2006/2007 or so. Amazingly I still remember the last 4 of my cc from back then. Any chance I’m getting this back?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They're genius ideas because they get dumb, lazy folks to pay twice for a game. It's like paying RL cash for exp pots. You're literally paying to not have to play the game you're already paying a sub to play.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Huge patch on test for TLP for sure but everyone else also.

Veteran rewards will be unlocked for all characters and all accounts.
You also cannot share DZ's on TLP's to sell or give out loot.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Veteran rewards still don't unlock until DoN, unfortunately.

There's also XP increases in a group and AA XP increases when in a group of 4 or more or raid of 13 or more. I'm very curious to see how big of an increase that will turn out to be.

The DZ change is a little confusing. I'm not sure it affects selling of loot too much (at least in PoP era on Mangler) if you don't have any lockouts whatsoever starting out.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just put a ticket in to get my alt/hydra account back. Not sure when I lost access but haven’t played it since 2006/2007 or so. Amazingly I still remember the last 4 of my cc from back then. Any chance I’m getting this back?

Probably. Around 2015 I got an account back that was idle since ~2009 by having the original CC from when I first opened it in 1999.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
*** Miscellaneous ***
- The surname command now allows the use of a second capital letter and a single accent character.

Finally!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryoz

<Donor>
Got the account back.

Anyone have a good link or just good advice for starting back up on live servers ? Haven’t experienced any expansion after Prophecy of Ro, so it’s been almost 15 years. Ideally, I’ll just roll 3 fresh toons and box on a solid, populated sever.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Got the account back.

Anyone have a good link or just good advice for starting back up on live servers ? Haven’t experienced any expansion after Prophecy of Ro, so it’s been almost 15 years. Ideally, I’ll just roll 3 fresh toons and box on a solid, populated sever.
I believe the Coirnav server is on the Depths of Dark Hollow expansion right now. That's one expansion behind Prophecy of Ro, so you technically, you could create on there and start at the expansion you left on.

• 2Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
  • 1Worf

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well as I said... Holly will never talk to us again because of our community. We ruined it and it was never anything to do with a company falling to absolute ZERO. right SuiAmerican Inventor?
Do you know why I said that? I never said the community drove them or anyone else away. LLR and Amod aren't interested in working with anyone or taking the effort because they don't want more people or who knows what else.

I just headed up a focus group with Holly and Dreamweaver to design the new TLP that is coming out in May. She had no issues with FoH but wasn't going to come begging to do things. That's the thing with companies of a certain size, they don't need a declining forum to boost their numbers, we need them.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Do you know why I said that? I never said the community drove them or anyone else away. LLR and Amod aren't interested in working with anyone or taking the effort because they don't want more people or who knows what else.

I just headed up a focus group with Holly and Dreamweaver to design the new TLP that is coming out in May. She had no issues with FoH but wasn't going to come begging to do things. That's the thing with companies of a certain size, they don't need a declining forum to boost their numbers, we need them.

Im just messing with you man but youre right. Holly knew when she talked to us that her time was done. And here we are.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like