Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Absor will likely be on EQ until they turn it off. The man has over 20 years on the team in some fashion.. He's a fixture. In a good way.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone play on live atm? Bored of TLPs and thinking of jumping into current stuff.
giphy.gif

I kid

I think Hatorade Hatorade is

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone play on live atm? Bored of TLPs and thinking of jumping into current stuff.
I play on live for the expansion. Will probably skip this next one though unless it's surprisingly content-rich. Will almost certainly play the next one.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tried to recover my old account but it got rejected. Apparently someone had taken it over years ago (probably someone from the guild i was in 15+ years ago) and now they have no record of me ever owning it. I'm guessing at some point when EQ got moved to Sony and now daybreak the old databases were lost. Regardless thought it was hilarious that they don't believe the cd-keys are of any value when defining who the original account owner is.... was itching to resub for a few months to mess around but mainly for the nostalgia that is now lost without my account.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Tried to recover my old account but it got rejected. Apparently someone had taken it over years ago (probably someone from the guild i was in 15+ years ago) and now they have no record of me ever owning it. I'm guessing at some point when EQ got moved to Sony and now daybreak the old databases were lost. Regardless thought it was hilarious that they don't believe the cd-keys are of any value when defining who the original account owner is.... was itching to resub for a few months to mess around but mainly for the nostalgia that is now lost without my account.

I mean - nothing aboutyljr old account would be relevant today besides looking at your old characters for a few minutes. You would likely have to start fresh characters and none of the original content is really even in play on live anymore.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Had the same situation. I gave up hope until the original owner found me randomly.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I managed to get my original 1999 account back this summer. I explained to support that I wasn’t even 9 years old when I started playing EQ so our billing info was under my mother’s old credit card which she no longer maintains because that was over 20 years ago.

They ended up having me provide the old billing address and list the names/servers of my characters.

Oddly all my characters had been stripped except for Gnoll Slayers on literally every character and one hero bracer on my Bard. I assume my shit just got zapped in all the server consolidations over the years.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
EQ WWTBAM.jpg

UK's Who Wants to be a Millionaire..

This was a real question, and she got it right! :p

• 8Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Their expansion pricing is weird. $35 for the base tier, and then it jumps to $90 for the second tier. wtf

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
6 zones, they content has to be the most minimal ever, at the highest cost.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
6 zones, they content has to be the most minimal ever, at the highest cost.
It's going to be the first expansion i skip since coming back. Will probably skip the next one too if it's a level increase expansion or a half expansion like tov and eok.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For the six zones I'm thinking Wakening->Cobalt Scar->West Wastes->Necropolis->Temple->Sleeper's Tomb. Have Skyshrine be in ruins and just completely skip Siren. Been hoping that The Sleeper would show up for one last go-around in this expac, but it looks like the bad guy might be that sweet Zlandicar/Nagafen hybrid in the artwork. It will be nice to see the Big Bynn / SoF Kerafyrm model of dragon getting some actual use finally, after endless repetitions of the Yar/Vish model.

Edit: Looks like the zones are most likely going to be Skyshrine, Cobalt Scar (with built-in Siren's Grotto), Western Wastes, ToV, Necropolis, Sleeper's.

Last edited:

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The official expantion thread on the main boards has 30 replies and 400 views. I'm not going to get this expansion. Is the price structure because they know this will be the worst selling expansion in eq history ?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why people are complaining so much based off of so little info. Yes it's only six zones, but so were the last however many expansions. For this one, from what we can see, they're doing a modern remake of the most awesome-at-the-time portion of EQ's original history: Sleeper's, Skyshrine, Temple of Veeshan, Necropolis. Badass new dragons like a two-headed Zlandicar-type. Yet all I've seen has been bitching and moaning.