Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sindaael

<Banned>
I was on Solulsek Ro which merged with Bristlebane. That's where I came up with the sword of righteousness. To think I got decimated by it. It was one of the most populated servers to begin with. Famous guilds were on here. Well at least famous players.

• 3Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

sindaael

<Banned>
Solteris was a great raid zone. I quit during that zone, and I wonder if I regret it. I came back to it years later. I got conquered by the grim reaper. To summarize.

• 3Galaxy Brain

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess that makes sense, using it to modify or make new worlds instead of just recreating p99.

I'm pretty sure EQ itself could never go to unity because they just simply will never give development resources or time for that. There's so much technical debt there I imagine it would be hard to justify doing that kind of work.
In a dream world they'd make EQ open sourced and port it to unreal or unity. Would never be more profitable than the slowly dying cash cow it is now though.

sindaael

<Banned>
Ok I was wrong. Yet again. I see how that works. Lol. You studied physics. Yes. You got friends. Yes.

• 2WTF
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
You got that right. Don't speak to me dude. I'm not this responsible, but fuck that shit. Everyone worked together in taking me down, and they did it quite right. These are the forbidden words you must never say. It's not this difficult. But you seriously caught an kidnapping charge from someone. I'm sorry, but this might be true.

Ok I was wrong. Yet again. I see how that works. Lol. You studied physics. Yes. You got friends. Yes.

Get help.

• 3Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You got that right. Don't speak to me dude. I'm not this responsible, but fuck that shit. Everyone worked together in taking me down, and they did it quite right. These are the forbidden words you must never say. It's not this difficult. But you seriously caught an kidnapping charge from someone. I'm sorry, but this might be true.
Please sir, stay awhile and sing us the song of your people.

• 3Worf

sindaael

<Banned>
Yes treasons condoned. I wasn't aware of one thing. Almost took the wrong turn. This might be a little unfriendly. New expansion coming out again I suppose in other words.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes treasons condoned. I wasn't aware of one thing. Almost took the wrong turn. This might be a little unfriendly. New expansion coming out again I suppose in other words.
1630804604997.jpeg

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't think we have too many playing Live but have a progression question if anyone out there has played the last few expansions. My crew is EoK geared, I didn't get to play that expansion through when I last played live and I wanted to work my way through it. Bonus XP got me a little over zealous this weekend and I leveled to 110. Tried an EoK mission thinking oh this should be easier, they are now pretty much impossible. I guess now tuned for me to have the latest gear which if I had would be kind of pointless to work my way through expansion.

I really didnt want to buy a bunch of gear I like I actually playing through an expansion. I think I'm pretty much screwed now as far as being able to play EoK. I guess there are two expansions at 110 (ring of scale, the burning lands) . What would be the best armor path to take ? I don't need to be a completionist I don't want to spend weeks on an incremental armor upgrade that can be reasonable skipped. I"m wearing cohorts to T1 EoK should I keep farming for T2 so I can get the T1 for RoS? I heard there is a way to skip this via mission currency but is that going to be doable in my gear. How is TBL for group armor, very little of it on market so I figure it's a PITA or everyone has simply moved onto velious expanions.

Tuco Tuco did you play through these with your crew?

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
They just gave live servers AoCs. Crazy world we live in where Darkpaw gives players what they want!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Don't think we have too many playing Live but have a progression question if anyone out there has played the last few expansions. My crew is EoK geared, I didn't get to play that expansion through when I last played live and I wanted to work my way through it. Bonus XP got me a little over zealous this weekend and I leveled to 110. Tried an EoK mission thinking oh this should be easier, they are now pretty much impossible. I guess now tuned for me to have the latest gear which if I had would be kind of pointless to work my way through expansion.

I really didnt want to buy a bunch of gear I like I actually playing through an expansion. I think I'm pretty much screwed now as far as being able to play EoK. I guess there are two expansions at 110 (ring of scale, the burning lands) . What would be the best armor path to take ? I don't need to be a completionist I don't want to spend weeks on an incremental armor upgrade that can be reasonable skipped. I"m wearing cohorts to T1 EoK should I keep farming for T2 so I can get the T1 for RoS? I heard there is a way to skip this via mission currency but is that going to be doable in my gear. How is TBL for group armor, very little of it on market so I figure it's a PITA or everyone has simply moved onto velious expanions.

Tuco Tuco did you play through these with your crew?
I skipped CoV but ToV has some cheap and tradeable req110 gear you might be able to just get off bazaar, dunno

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So I've been dabbling with live since I've been playing on the tlp's again. Anything Call of the Forsaken onwards is new to me. I've put together a group using my 100 war, bard, wizard and cleric with 2 Merc DPS. I did a few "heroic" group instances to get back into things and I think I'm just going to slowly work through the expansion progressions when I need a break from TLP. Is there anything I should know about, or do right away?

Not really, just make sure everyone has DoN progression done for the critical hit and stat bonuses. Can see if you have it already in the AA window by checking the special tab (the one with Lesson of the Devoted etc) for Power of the Keepers. I think the alternative is called Power of the Dark Reign. That and epic 2.0s are worth going back and doing unless you did them already.

Call of the Forsaken is kind of mediocre and the two expansions after it can be very hit-or-miss, but after that you get into the Kunark remakes and the seriously underrated Burning Lands and IMO all of that is solid.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not really, just make sure everyone has DoN progression done for the critical hit and stat bonuses. Can see if you have it already in the AA window by checking the special tab (the one with Lesson of the Devoted etc) for Power of the Keepers. I think the alternative is called Power of the Dark Reign. That and epic 2.0s are worth going back and doing unless you did them already.

Call of the Forsaken is kind of mediocre and the two expansions after it can be very hit-or-miss, but after that you get into the Kunark remakes and the seriously underrated Burning Lands and IMO all of that is solid.
Thanks. Pretty sure I did DoN a long time ago but I'll check. And I think I did 1.5 epics, but stopped after that. Should be easy to go back and finish. I'm trying to get caught up on Mischief before I miss all the fun, so live is on hold for now.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Perspective: Haven't truly played on live since like 2008.

I made an attempt to play through non-boxed on a bonafide live server (my old server that got merged) starting at level 1. 0 twinking. Just straight up, experiencing soloing from the beginning. Currently at lvl 38.

It's just so ridiculous. The random armor drops in any zone. The newbie quests from HotZone guy. The armor in non-visible slots (earrings, necklace, back, etc) that can be bought from an NPC for just a few plat. ALL this gear has stats better than Velious quest armor at this level (sans BP/legs I guess).

It is absolutely ridiculous how watered down the difficulty is, especially considering mercs. Also, having alts was what made EQ fun for me during non-raids. Putting sweet gear on a level 1 and having at it. Some things like certain great twink weapons (BoC) and, say, a fungi, are still relevant. But generally, twinking is completely unnecessary now.

-------------------------------------------------------

My actual main is 81. I have no idea what to do, what half of the NPCs in PoK are offering or how necessary they are in what they are offering. It actually feels like I can describe logging on to my main as being very old. I don't know anyone I used to know and love... everyone is dead. I don't know how to better my life, as everything I knew is outdated. It's like a 90 year old looking at a new tablet... everything is foreign and I know it sounds crazy, but I'm actually scared of asking questions in general because I feel like a person asking what a telephone is... people would probably think I'm more crazy than just a newb because I think a true newb leveling up to my level would find a more "natural path" with new features and be less confused.

Know what I'd really love to do? Just delevel 1 level to 80, get the absolute sickest gear a lvl 80 can get (I think that's Crystallos, yes?), and solo content I never could. People called me a liar one time on Reddit because of what I was soloing based on my level many many years ago. At one time I did have the sickest gear when I was raiding, and I relished soloing mobs people were still full grouping like AoW, Grieg, Trak, etc. I think a lvl 115 could solo Crystallos and I could twink myself but the idea of Ebaying an account makes me feel gross.

I love EQ but feel so amazingly detached from it anymore. Not going to lie, it's sad.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It actually feels like I can describe logging on to my main as being very old. I don't know anyone I used to know and love... everyone is dead.

I love EQ but feel so amazingly detached from it anymore. Not going to lie, it's sad.

This kinda hurts to read. I had a similar experience recently when I rewatched Season 3 of 24 with my mom. It's one of my favorite shows of all time, probably top 3, definitely top 5, and Season 3 was my favorite season growing up. So I got the DVD set and went to see my mom and we binged it for a weekend.

Weirdly enough it left me with a lot of sad feelings. It wasn't the same, where did all the time go, all these characters/actors I like are 17 years older now, the show is gone and not coming back, I wish I could be back in 2003 watching it with her then and make better decisions with my life. Stuff like that.

I don't know, maybe I need medication. All I can say for sure is that revisiting something I used to love... made me depressed. And I felt a lot like what you described here, like a very old person looking back at old home movies or something and realizing nobody in them is around anymore.

• 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
All I can say for sure is that revisiting something I used to love... made me depressed.
Now I'm sad for your story too! But that isn't uncommon for people our age now... if you think it's not normal and need meds.

When I see some actors looking absolutely grizzled today it makes me feel the same kinda way too. Last guy I saw that made me feel that way was Joe Pantiliano (sp) on some TV spot for a show he was doing. My GOD he looked old. Then I think of him in Matrix and Sopranos and how young he looked. We really start falling apart rapidly in our 50s and 60s. Oy.

• 1Hodjing

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Now I'm sad for your story too! But that isn't uncommon for people our age now... if you think it's not normal and need meds.

When I see some actors looking absolutely grizzled today it makes me feel the same kinda way too. Last guy I saw that made me feel that way was Joe Pantiliano (sp) on some TV spot for a show he was doing. My GOD he looked old. Then I think of him in Matrix and Sopranos and how young he looked. We really start falling apart rapidly in our 50s and 60s. Oy.

Yarp. I come from a family where people age late, so everyone looks really young until they hit 60-65. Then it's like they age 20-30 years in five years. It's jarring as fuck for me to see relatives after a couple year hiatus and be like "what happened".

• 1Like