Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I loved the discordian plot. Tunat and Mata are some of the coolest villains in EQ.

“Overlord Mata Muram says 'So. You are the mighty god killers. I am not surprised you managed to make it this far. I did expect there to be more of you, do you really think so little of me? I have destroyed [worlds] where animals roam with power that would cause your gods to tremble.'”
I actually think that the Discordian plot would've been cooler if it was some otherworldly humanoid force invading. Think like The Burning Legion from WoW, and how some mortal got corrupted with power beyond anyone's knowledge.

If I could actually pronounce most of the soldiers' names, and they were actually disfigured/corrupted otherwordly invaders, and the plot simultaneously introduced Norrath actually getting invaded with world events and such that would persistently spawn (Think Shards of Dalaya's invasion war system), and added content for all levels of players in addition to making the gear progression easier to follow, I actually think GoD/OoW would have been well received by the playerbase. In fact, I would argue if they kept the game in a similar design (not art) style to Bill Trost's original content design, I think EQ would've held its own against WoW without an "EQ2".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

elbas

Molten Core Raider
Are there any websites which have class spells broken down into the same categories as the spell menu dropdowns? There are lots of websites which list spells, but all the ones I've seen just list the spells by level. That makes it inconvenient when I'm trying to see which spells I'm missing since I have to search for each spell individually. I was wondering if there are any sites which group spells like we see in the spell menus:

spells.jpg

This way I could just go through my spell dropdowns and compare it to the same spell subset on the website to find any missing spells.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Are there any websites which have class spells broken down into the same categories as the spell menu dropdowns? There are lots of websites which list spells, but all the ones I've seen just list the spells by level. That makes it inconvenient when I'm trying to see which spells I'm missing since I have to search for each spell individually. I was wondering if there are any sites which group spells like we see in the spell menus:

View attachment 381375

This way I could just go through my spell dropdowns and compare it to the same spell subset on the website to find any missing spells.
You can use an in game command to output your missing spells. I don't remember the exact syntax but google and I'm sure you'll find it.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Beat The Crusaders (toughest mission in latest expansion).

Now on to figuring out how to box the achievements.

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Beat The Crusaders (toughest mission in latest expansion).

Now on to figuring out how to box the achievements.
Are "missions" essentially what raids have become, or are missions group content?

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Are "missions" essentially what raids have become, or are missions group content?
Assuming things haven't changed, missions are just instanced group tasks. They often introduce you to similar mechanics for the raid in a particular zone. You have to finish the individual tasks in order to request them, and the raid request is usually locked behind finishing both the individual and group tasks for that zone.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Was it as hard as rallos Zek in tov?
Much harder than RZ. RZ was a control fight with a really cumbersome transition. Once you get a slow burn and stop pets / dots from wiping you in the transition it's easy. Easy if you have a plate tank at least since the single target damage is high.

Crusaders is a mass AE damage fight, where you need substantial group healing and HP pool for everyone in the group and enough DPS to cut through the adds without getting wiped by AE.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Missions are the raids but nerfed for six people in group gear.
So, it's just a "scaled down" version of the raid? Same mechanics and such? Kinda like the 10 player vs. 25 player WoW raids were?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, it's just a "scaled down" version of the raid? Same mechanics and such? Kinda like the 10 player vs. 25 player WoW raids were?

Yeah pretty much. They're good for people who box and don't raid. I miss the days when missions were like, actual missions rather than just scaled-way-down raid fights. It feels very redundant to do a mission and then do the raid.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep. I like them because I get a taste of the raid content and "lore" of the expansion. It's not a huge deal but going through an expansion without raiding reminded me of being a kid and watching WWF every week but never seeing the culmination of the big PPV events because I couldn't cough up the $$$.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously we have entered a timeline so fucked that EverQuest 3 deals the final blow to WoW

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users