Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah dumb if hes doing that in an effort to sell em, but as someone who leveled an enc on mangler idk why you wouldnt have charm/gate planned or in your back pocket for any potential contested mob you need. Should a solo enc try to out dps someone else let alone a box group?

Having that as an option makes total sense, just like having dispells up makes total sense. But there's a line where you become too much of an asocial shitter. If he had engaged first I would not have interfered. He waited until my mob was at 20% to even do anything and he'd been there hours charm gating and selling the prods so fuck it. Later I saw him selling last kill timers for some other mob.

At least he wasn't a salty bitch about losing the fight.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I recently discovered melee augs. That heal over time with the additional iksar regen on my SK is crazy effective.

DickTrickle

My box bard has been invited to about seven guilds, some of them being higher tier guilds. I imagine a cleric would get the same attention.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Got a few kronz to get me started. Hopefully it will get me a few decent items. Partial to SK honestly but maybe an enchanter? Charmlife seems like it could be cool.

Last edited:

Ryoz

<Donor>
Decided to roll a chanter. Any recommended caster gear at this point? If anyone has gear they don’t need I’ll put it to good us. Kangs is the toon name.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Decided to roll a chanter. Any recommended caster gear at this point? If anyone has gear they don’t need I’ll put it to good us. Kangs is the toon name.
I'd say whatever hp/mana gear you can find.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Project reroll Iksar SK has been a ton of fun. I pushed through 26-39.5 over the weekend while out clearing out most of the household beer.

Haven't bendged like this in years. Awesome weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Lulz. I hopped on tlp forums to see a Duriek bloodpool forum topic raging. Makes me laugh so much

DickTrickle

It's not quite the same. I did three class epics back in era (mage, bard, monk) and there was nowhere this level of competition. Some things are definitely easier now thanks to some quest changes and instances, but there's also less time in era and a much higher end focused population. They adjusted Selos based on time spent in expansion so I don't think it's an illogical thing to want some of these long respawn timers adjusted. TLP is not a classic experience for a thousand reasons already. It's a modem homage to the classic experience. And that's what a lot of the non p99 types want.

There also weren't nearly as many people camping no drop stuff to sell and/or using third party programs to gain an advantage.

Me personally, I don't care. I realized long ago that for a TLP to be fun for me I just need to take things as they come. There's a good chance I won't finish any of my boxes epics except for the mage until velious.

Last edited:

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
It's not quite the same. I did three class epics back in era (mage, bard, monk) and there was nowhere this level of competition. Some things are definitely easier now thanks to some quest changes and instances, but there's also less time in era and a much higher end focused population. They adjusted Selos based on time spent in expansion so I don't think it's an illogical thing to want some of these long respawn timers adjusted. TLP is not a classic experience for a thousand reasons already. It's a modem homage to the classic experience. And that's what a lot of the non p99 types want.

There also weren't nearly as many people camping no drop stuff to sell and/or using third party programs to gain an advantage.

Me personally, I don't care. I realized long ago that for a TLP to be fun for me I just need to take things as they come. There's a good chance I won't finish any of my boxes epics except for the mage until velious.

I’m laughing because I did the sk epic 4 times on tlps and helped mastermind the caradon lockdown method which caused them to nerf mark. I called the Duriek bottleneck as soon as this happened but still laughed it’s way less harsh than marl. Those sweet summer children just kept complaining with no mention of the epic already having been fixed in the past. Lol.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Toalin

Trakanon Raider
Best part of SK epic now, is handing into Lhranc, and watching another SK try to hand into human version not understanding how it works. and then after 30 + tries asking why it's not working.

Duriek was fine on mangle. Marl is a joke now. People try to Cuck Caradon here but then guilds like Magic and Melee let like 10-15 SK's do it at once and wonder why it's so hard to do Marl and co afterwards.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone tries to play sks now, many because they want their box army's tank to be the main for raid gear, many as a dps that sucks shit at tanking let alone pulling... And the xp penalty is gone, and the servers are top end heavy. So you end up with a billion people flooding these bottlenecks all crying bloody murder and it's simply because kunark era eq had less 60 sks in total on a server than mangler has waiting in line at any given moment.

Aegis of life is usually a worse bottleneck experience, for frankly a more useful item, but because it doesn't have an epic label slapped on it you don't get a dozen threads full of salty FOTM playing nerds.

They should remove soul leech from dropping in instances. Problem solved.