Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I got bored, and made a warrior. Which one of you fags want to give me a BoC and power level me?

Just to clarify, I'm almost level 50, and don't actually care about power leveling. I enjoy playing the game after all these years for some stupid reason.

But... I am in the market for some gear. I'd like to get a BoC and/or SoZ. Maybe some uber armor. Not interested in paying the stupid tax that is charged in the bazaar for these items. If you really have anything available for a reasonable amount, hit me up.

Also, it's been years since I tanked seriously. Any tips on weapons to use, main hand versus off hand, etc is appreciated.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't have anything to sell but make sure you buy the Provoke skill. I see quite a few warriors that don't have it, probably old school players that don't know about it.

You can buy the tome in West Freeport near the Temple of Marr.

Needless

Toe Sucker
How dead is this server now? ive been itching to play again :(
cant even remember what the fuck i was playing on here lol

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
It’s still fairly active around 5-11 est. I play pst after 8 and it starts to noticeably drop off beyond that time. I’m sure after PoP release and new TLP the server will be on life support.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
How dead is this server now? ive been itching to play again :(
cant even remember what the fuck i was playing on here lol
Surprisingly, the server is very active right now. I created a warrior and my brother an enchanter, a week ago. We're both almost 50 now a week later with just pugs and experience potions.

In the lower levels, the server is tank deficient, so if you make a tank, you get groups easily. Obviously, with a server that is already on its third expansion at this point, when you hit max level as a tank, its not like there are going to be a lot of established raid guilds needing you since they likely have their tank core already set. So, if you want to level something up and get groups fast, my suggestion is to 2 box a tank and what ever class you actually want to play at max level. Use the tank to get groups for your real main. When you get to max level, park the tank, and continue on with your main.

The Nexus is packed day and night with MGBs going off regularly. There are druids and wizards there selling ports all the time. The bazaar has plenty of gear to buy. Sell a couple krono, and go shopping in the bazaar. Your level 1 will be ready to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If anybody wants to put together a premade group for the server, let me know.

It would be nice to login for two or three hours on specific nights knowing that we have a group ready to go.

I'm playing a 48 Ogre Warrior, and my brother is playing either his 48 Enchanter or 42 Wizard depending on what others want to play.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I bought my shammy a fungi and some shit, i'll most likely just be playing him mega casually for awhile
he's only 25 though

dont have interest in continuing my mage from when mangler released :\

name is Lacrimosa though if people around there see me on and want to groupski~

Sterling

El Presidente
Apparently guise is still dropping on here? how'd daybreak screw that one up? lol
No idea if it is, but not sure why it would really matter, they're so common and the camp is often totally open well before it's supposed to stop dropping anyways.

Sterling

El Presidente
It was still dropping on Selo's up to PoP launch and even a few weeks beyond that
That's because it's supposed to drop for a certain number of days into the server, it's not tied to an expansion.

• 1Like

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
It stopped dropping for a bit, then they did a halloween event where they re-introduced rare drops 'for the duration of that event'... only they then forgot to take it out again

• 1Like

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
It stopped dropping for a bit, then they did a halloween event where they re-introduced rare drops 'for the duration of that event'... only they then forgot to take it out again
I still have 7 days left of game time on my 2 accounts. I need to dig deep and find motivation to play. Maybe this is it. Maybe.

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
If I start feeling the need to pay krono for anything then it’s time to quit. I’m pretty much at that point. I’ll most likely go play takp server since it’s free and you can three box. Less pressure to keep up with the Jones’s.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If I start feeling the need to pay krono for anything then it’s time to quit. I’m pretty much at that point. I’ll most likely go play takp server since it’s free and you can three box. Less pressure to keep up with the Jones’s.
Why not just raid?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, that makes sense. I feel like if you can't box, can't raid, or don't have a long term crew, EQ feels like a slog.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No idea why they don't make Agnarr free to play. It's locked at PoP which is the main draw for many people, could grab some P99'ers that want to go past Velious. It's locked nature would let people catch up at their own pace and feed them onto a TLP or live server later.

• 1Like