Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Last night, I logged my shaman in, put him in LFG, and laid down on the bed to watch some youtube. A few hours later, I got a tell, and I was like fuck that... I'm going to bed now. Didn't even respond. Just turned off LFG and went to bed.

That's what makes me quit every TLP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you don't have a friend group/guild/serious box crew you'll always have trouble in current TLP's except for immediately after expac launches. After about 8 weeks in everything but the highest end raids and boxers leveling alts are non existent. A lot of people like EQ because it was a social MMO, and it was. If you don't have a group of people you can depend on to play with, you're not going to have fun. The population except after immediate server launch/expac launch isn't WoW levels where you can just hop on any character and get a group.

If you really want to enjoy EQ you'll want to find a guild. They vary from hardcore, poopsock 24/7 type guilds to 3 days a week to completely "if we can" type guilds. If you want to have fun in EQ, I recommend looking for one of those.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Well I prefer playing a single account because my attention span really doesn't work out well with boxing lol.

But... considering the lack of people playing right now, my brother and I have been boxing this weekend and having fun.

We are leveling a bard and two druids just for fun right now with our 60 Enchanter and 54 Shaman out of group. The trio of lowbie boxes are level 29 right now, so if anybody has something in that level range and wants to come hang out, let me know.

Just keep in mind we are not hardcore power levelers, we tend to go slow, and you might get bored at times lol. I have no interest in getting someone in group that is constantly like "lets go to xyz zone becuase it has leet fast experience" or runs out and pulls twenty mobs while we are buffing because they think we are uber just for having a high level enchanter and shaman outside of group. There's powerlevelers you can go pay for that shit. We're just having some fun playing the game casually.

Shoot Tugh, Mugh, or Dugh a tell in game sometime if you want to come hang out.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
Sup guys I rolled an iksar monk named Zithaqs a few days ago and I'm lvl44 so far - honestly groups have been easy to find at nearly all times of the day for me. Joining any one of the zergish mass invite type guilds is an easy way to meet new players to do shit with as well. No idea what my plans are just gonna hit 60, grab my epic, and figure it out from there.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

<M E S S> Ready for Pop! This might've been our last raid as our guild has a meet-up in vegas this weekend. Hopefully the OW flagging isn't complete shit, but who knows!

I already have my AA's banked so I don't have to play the game, either! Thanks, awful shaman AA's!

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
51 now making good gains, will join any guild that will help me knock out my epic for those ill deeps because I don't know anyone on mangler anymore - RIP. What kinda higher level guilds are here anyway?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

<M E S S> Ready for Pop! This might've been our last raid as our guild has a meet-up in vegas this weekend. Hopefully the OW flagging isn't complete shit, but who knows!

I already have my AA's banked so I don't have to play the game, either! Thanks, awful shaman AA's!

Plane of Storms will be bad. On Selo we had a dev come in and max spawn 10 picks of it which helped alot. I wonder if they will do that on Mangler as well.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Plane of Storms will be bad. On Selo we had a dev come in and max spawn 10 picks of it which helped alot. I wonder if they will do that on Mangler as well.
I was a bit sad when they did that. I actually really enjoyed the shitshow in Storms on Phinny.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I officially hit 99.999% experience in to level 60 last night. I'm ready to do that first kill ding 61 dance when PoP opens.

Now its time to just grind some AAs.

If anybody has a copy of Torpor collecting dust in your bank, Mugh can use it. I love you long time, and make you fat potions!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Decent chance that I'll be playing a lot of EQ in the near future. Haven't decided between here and p99 for sure but curious if anyone has any guild recs for Mangler? Probably looking for a more casual deal this time around but if raid guilds are cool with lower RA I'm down for that too. Met some people from random guilds while leveling I may join for now, but I hate guild hopping so like to have an idea of who is who.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Will there be another TLP next month?

There's been a post from the new community manager about there being some kind of announcement this month and a clarification that the announcement could also just be no.

Selo was certainly a success but there may be some trepidation on their part given Mangler is at the start of PoP. This time around I'd like to see things like a Rallos Zek PvP server (which will never happen) and in lieu of that I think the playerbase is well overdue for a prog server with full and unrestricted boxing. I don't like it, it's not for me but there's a lot of people that like running their own groups and some even their own raids.

• 1Like