Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It really would make a lot of sense, especially if they allow transfers in the god or omens era of another server.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So, lets say you wanted to play EverQuest while sitting in your recliner in the living room while watching tv, but your desktop is in the bedroom, and you don't feel like moving it around your house to play where ever you want at any given time.

1. Can you use the built in Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to do it?
2. Will DBG ban you for it because you're not actually playing on the computer that is technically running EverQuest?

Uh... asking for a friend of course. >.>

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
I don’t think it is against the rules. You’ll probably go unnoticed seeing as the company doesn’t police any of the servers.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Could play on steam and stream it as well (if you have a steam link). Might be a little better that way but I don't know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that makes sense. I feel like if you can't box, can't raid, or don't have a long term crew, EQ feels like a slog.
Absolutely true. I got PL'ed over on Selos to level 70 in like a day, but then without gear was totally useless. Got a little gear, and did Epic 1.0, and then started in on 1.5, but it was boring AF. I had to rely on other people 100%, which was fine, but no one actually runs normal experience groups on Selos. Didn't take long for me to quit, as without boxing 6 it just wasn't going to work.

This was Selos of course, and so maybe Mangler was different, but I had the crew, had the raids, but still didn't want to keep playing.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mangler is the first TLP I've played on but I do notice a sharp dropoff in the number of pickup groups as an expansion ages. First 6 weeks of Kunark groups were very easy to get, people were constantly forming groups or asking for replacements in general channel, but in the last few weeks that dropped off completely. Velious launches, same cycle repeats. Helps to get in on the ground floor on these things.

I'd recommend joining a guild and doing some raid content, just solo grinding levels isn't any fun on a TLP. Better to do that on a live server where you get mercenaries, hugely boosted XP and autogrant AAs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
You definitely need to be proactive to get a group on mangler lol

I'll usually sit on my rogue LFG and alt tab n play another game or watch a movie while waiting for a group and it takes a long ass time, i don't really mind since im doing other shit so i don't really care about actually making my own group

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Last night, I logged my shaman in, put him in LFG, and laid down on the bed to watch some youtube. A few hours later, I got a tell, and I was like fuck that... I'm going to bed now. Didn't even respond. Just turned off LFG and went to bed.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
What do you have on Mangler? Maybe we can group up sometime.

For high end, I have:
  • 59 Monk (mostly non-geared... stripped him long ago, but can still pull and do some dps)
  • 53 Warrior
  • 53 Shaman
  • 17 Druid
  • 15 Bard
  • and a handful of other worthless non-geared alts

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Last night, I logged my shaman in, put him in LFG, and laid down on the bed to watch some youtube. A few hours later, I got a tell, and I was like fuck that... I'm going to bed now. Didn't even respond. Just turned off LFG and went to bed.
Lol. I’m at the point where I don’t even bother logging in anymore. I love EQ but can’t bring myself to play it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've been playing either my rogue (40) or my shaman (33), i abandoned my 50 mage from vanilla lol

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Lol. I’m at the point where I don’t even bother logging in anymore. I love EQ but can’t bring myself to play it.
The problem for me is that I want to login, play a couple hours, and log out with having accomplished at least a little of something you know. In the 50s on Mangler, a couple hours doesn't really feel rewarding enough some nights. Part of the time I am LFG, and the other part where I get a group (or make my own), the experience bar just drags like hell.

Therefore, I find myself more often than not just going to do something else like watch tv or something on week nights because I just don't have that many hours between work and sleep from Monday through Thursday.

Now that all being said, I did not enjoy Selos. It was too fast for me. I got behind very fast on that server, and once you got behind, it was a solo game for the most part. I don't play MMORPGs to solo (unless I am in a mood and want to slowly root rott something while watching YouTube).

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing either my rogue (40) or my shaman (33), i abandoned my 50 mage from vanilla lol
That's rough right there. Rogues for the most part don't get groups unless they make em themselves. I can see that being extra painful for you towards the second half of each expansion release when things get really slow on the server.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Eh he's twinked with a ragebringer so it's pretty easy if i mention that lol but i just passively sit there while i do something else

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can I have your stuff?
giphy.gif